Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

It seems to me that our aim is to build a very experienced spine to the team.

As Strider said a few weeks ago, we’re going to need 2-3 players like this, a spine of a more experienced goalkeeper, Coady, Winks & Vardy should hopefully be solid enough for the Championship.

This also makes me think that Maresca could opt for a back three, Coady as the experienced centrepiece and as Bert said, it would make perfect sense to give him the armband.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I don't particularly like this strategy of Premier League players on the way down on high wages for the Championship.

Yeah this is my main reservation too. Hopefully we are also looking in the championship and League One for younger players who want to prove themselves with us. 

Unreal singing - beating PL clubs to him too! Would have started every game last season for us! 

we need to withdraw that Evans contract now - no more messing about with players that see us as a last resort 

Edited by jonny_wright

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

It seems to me that our aim is to build a very experienced spine to the team.

As Strider said a few weeks ago, we’re going to need 2-3 players like this, a spine of a more experienced goalkeeper, Coady, Winks & Vardy should hopefully be solid enough for the Championship.

This also makes me think that Maresca could opt for a back three, Coady as the experienced centrepiece and as Bert said, it would make perfect sense to give him the armband.

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I don't particularly like this strategy of Premier League players on the way down on high wages for the Championship.

That's just it, if we keep it to 2-3, then I think we are good. More than that and it gets worrying. But most teams have a spine you can trust and if we have Coady, Winks, Vardy, then at this level that's probably the best in the division. The Zach Steffen one doesn't surprise me, though I thought we might go for Willy Caballero instead as the keeper is the last part of the spine, and whilst Iversen is a good shot stopper, look at the way Guardiola ditched Joe Hart as an example of how important distribution is to these modern progressive systems.

If we end up with 6-7 of these type of players, then it's alarm bells time. Otherwise it doesn't surprise me at all to see the sort of names we've been linked with. Others I could see us getting are players like Ream, Chambers, Hause, Millovejic, Fraser, Welbeck. Experienced pros that are decent and might have a year or two left in them and might want more regular first team football. I just don't want to see a team full of players like that!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Some people are easily pleased. 

This and the hideous Winks link smacks of unimaginative thinking. I'm not against this one per se, but I was kinda hoping to replicate the formula from last time - namely signing up the best / fittest / fastest players in the league. 

So who would you go for? Also, we signed experienced players for our promotion year, look at League one, we had Howard and Oakley in the team who, at the time we're experienced players and helped us get out of the league. 

Edited by fox_favourite

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

When did we last successfully buy from a Premier League club?

Vesty has been brilliant  - for Rogers son’s agency.