Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

We’ve been burned with last year of contract players just this very past season. He doesn’t owe us any loyalty and even Everton might be appealing to him.

Whether we think he’s good enough or would tear up the Championship or not is kinda irrelevant if he wants to stay in the PL.

• Like 1

People talk like he never got a chance; when he found himself as a starter he often produced awful displays. I think someone described him on here as a chaos merchant and that is a great description.

Can be useful if you're scrapping or potentially very useful if you're struggling to break down a low block, but he won't find himself as the main man in Enzo's system.

8 hours ago, Sly said:

I think if you replaced Daka with “Vardy”, this could have been a post on here 10 years ago. 

Daka isn't 1/200th of the player Vardy was and is. Vardy had something. Daka I've seen absolutely nothing but hope I'm wrong. If he was the striker we rely on we have problems unless the coaching staff can make a big difference. 

46 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Daka isn't 1/200th of the player Vardy was and is. Vardy had something. Daka I've seen absolutely nothing but hope I'm wrong. If he was the striker we rely on we have problems unless the coaching staff can make a big difference. 

People did say the same about Vardy. 

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m 50/50 on Daka. Vardy always had the aggression. His technique is also underrated. I’m not sure Daka has it. A bit like Musa really. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Elvis Hammond was twice the player Daka

Is!

• Haha 1

Wow 😮😮 Raul is a top replacement for Mitrovic at that price. Maybe not quite the same after his head injury but for that price he's a great buy. Still doesn't mean Kels won't be a target for someone like Fulham. I can see a few players like him starting the season with us and then being sold late in the window when bids come in that we can't turn down. Praet, Kelechi, Castagne, Faes, Iversen, Ndidi, Soumare, any or all of those could still be sold before the end of August. I can see more loans being done by us later on to replace outgoings.

Would Maresca be starting him over daka if he was likely to leave? 

I have a sneaky feeling we are just realising that nobody will come to the table with a reasonable fee for him. 

8m is not worth cashing in imo. 

• Like 3

£8-10m is what he is worth with a year left on his contract. Would have been treble that with 2-3 years left. Not the man to take us in to the new era. Take the money and look to buy Piroe and an upcoming youngster.

12 minutes ago, Fox 66 said:

£8-10m is what he is worth with a year left on his contract. Would have been treble that with 2-3 years left. Not the man to take us in to the new era. Take the money and look to buy Piroe and an upcoming youngster.

Piroe would be 15 million and an upcoming youngster may be another 5. Where is the money coming from?

52 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Wow 😮😮 Raul is a top replacement for Mitrovic at that price. Maybe not quite the same after his head injury but for that price he's a great buy. Still doesn't mean Kels won't be a target for someone like Fulham. I can see a few players like him starting the season with us and then being sold late in the window when bids come in that we can't turn down. Praet, Kelechi, Castagne, Faes, Iversen, Ndidi, Soumare, any or all of those could still be sold before the end of August. I can see more loans being done by us later on to replace outgoings.

Jimenez is awful these days, hasn’t been anywhere near as good since the head injury 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, markko said:

Piroe would be 15 million and an upcoming youngster may be another 5. Where is the money coming from?

We’ve just brought in £80m in sales. Reduced wage bill by millions, hopefully many more deadwood to leave and have parachute payments. Now is the time for the refresh that we need.

• Like 3

Guest glasgowfox
39 minutes ago, Fox 66 said:

We’ve just brought in £80m in sales. Reduced wage bill by millions, hopefully many more deadwood to leave and have parachute payments. Now is the time for the refresh that we need.

I may be wrong but we will not get parachute payments as they were used as security over a loan, at least that's my understanding.

53 minutes ago, Fox 66 said:

Getting rid of the deadwood seems to be the problem though. I certainly wouldn't class Iheanacho as part of that list, however if Maresca has no intentions of using him then we should cash in. 

He's been very much a bit part player since he's been here but I'd disagree with your statement further up. When he's had his chances, he's performed. For every Southampton away there was a Leeds away or Spurs at home. 

Unlike Daka and Vardy, he's great with his back to goal. Yes at times his touch is poor and he misses chances but he provides a perfect link to other players and has the confidence to take a shot at goal, which last season both Daka and Vardy didn't seem to do. 

Ultimately I think he needs a team to be setup around how he plays and an arm round him from a manager. 

15 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Getting rid of the deadwood seems to be the problem though. I certainly wouldn't class Iheanacho as part of that list, however if Maresca has no intentions of using him then we should cash in. 

He's been very much a bit part player since he's been here but I'd disagree with your statement further up. When he's had his chances, he's performed. For every Southampton away there was a Leeds away or Spurs at home. 

Unlike Daka and Vardy, he's great with his back to goal. Yes at times his touch is poor and he misses chances but he provides a perfect link to other players and has the confidence to take a shot at goal, which last season both Daka and Vardy didn't seem to do. 

Ultimately I think he needs a team to be setup around how he plays and an arm round him from a manager. 

He’s not one of the deadwood I’m referring to. Unfortunately, he’s a back up striker and will be for at least half of premiership teams. He had a purple patch in covid times but you can see from his poor touch and decision making that we should just take what we can for him.

19 minutes ago, Fox 66 said:

He’s not one of the deadwood I’m referring to. Unfortunately, he’s a back up striker and will be for at least half of premiership teams. He had a purple patch in covid times but you can see from his poor touch and decision making that we should just take what we can for him.

We aren't a Premier League team next season so at this level he'd excel, for me. But if he isn't going to play, then I'd agree, sell. 

Purple patch coincided with the fact he was given an extended run in the team. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

We aren't a Premier League team next season so at this level he'd excel, for me. But if he isn't going to play, then I'd agree, sell. 

Purple patch coincided with the fact he was given an extended run in the team. 

People will always play the "Covid" card when referring to his purple patch, those who are just convinced he isn't very good. Fact is since he joined, that's his only real run as a starter in the 1st team, but he scored 12 goals in 10 games because "it was behind closed doors"

Kel is massively underrated by many but in my opinion he's been used poorly. He's not a lone a striker, he's not a poacher. Rodgers would often refer to him as being a different type of striker to Vardy, which of course he is, and would tell us that he plays well with his back to goal, he doesn't because his 1st touch is about as good as Heskey's. What he is, is more intelligent on the pitch than we give him credit for and if he is to stay, and start, with 2 wide forwards and 2 running in behind (if Enzo's tactics mirror Pep's early signs suggest they might) I'm confident he gets 20+ goals this season 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1