Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bossed us in the home game, think we would have won comfortably without him playing.

Maybe not the best finisher but good target man.

I’m not sure doing okay against the biggest set of defensive clowns in the league equates to him being good. Ronnie Corbett would give Wout Faes something to think about aerially. 

• Like 1

Just now, Langston said:

I’m not sure doing okay against the biggest set of defensive clowns in the league equates to him being good. Ronnie Corbett would give Wout Faes something to think about aerially. 

True, but his a decent player, would have him here even when we were in the PL.

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

True, but his a decent player, would have him here even when we were in the PL.

Dominic Calvert Lewin last season was like Iheanacho vs Southampton last season but every game. He had a couple good seasons but currently he is far from decent.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Dominic Calvert Lewin last season was like Iheanacho vs Southampton last season but every game. He had a couple good seasons but currently he is far from decent.

Struggle to be fit for the last 2 season, but was more than decent in 19/20 and 20/21.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens if Nacho goes Everton who will have the better season.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bargain for anyone who gets him. I know it's been discussed on here but how did we have this many people out of contract? It's like we had some sort of contract renewal ban.

Answer > R****n.   

Full disclosure, I used to despise Deli, but likely because he was so damned good. I just sort of feel sorry for him now and would love, for his sake, to see him regain what he had. He was mustard. 

If he wants it I’d give him a go for sure. But he needs a lot of arms around him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I hope this all works out, I’m all for deadwood leaving and refreshing squad but so far looks like we are getting rid our our 3 best players haha

This is my concern. Selling the Crown Jewels for plastic gems it seems. Still, it’ll be fun one way or another. 

A bit of a streaky player. On form, Iheanacho is superb. And much, much more than just a poacher. I think he'd suit Maresca's style as a forward based on the right but cutting in. Or as a second striker in a two. His tendency to take difficult chances shouldn't be underestimated.

It'd be a real shame to see him go to Everton but he will see significant game time. Calvert -Lewin's fitness can't be relied upon and he'll be ahead of Simms if he stays there.

If we can afford his wages, he'd be worth keeping for a promotion push in my opinion. Missing out on £10m now might not be such a big deal, unless we really do need it for signings.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If he did regain his confidence and form, it would be a devastating piece of business.

I'm torn on it. He's suffered a lot of mental trauma and if he's now in a good place, at this level he's an obscene signing in a position we need someone of his skill set.

Yep would be ideal for Enzo great ability 

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

A bit of a streaky player. On form, Iheanacho is superb. And much, much more than just a poacher. I think he'd suit Maresca's style as a forward based on the right but cutting in. Or as a second striker in a two. His tendency to take difficult chances shouldn't be underestimated.

It'd be a real shame to see him go to Everton but he will see significant game time. Calvert -Lewin's fitness can't be relied upon and he'll be ahead of Simms if he stays there.

If we can afford his wages, he'd be worth keeping for a promotion push in my opinion. Missing out on £10m now might not be such a big deal, unless we really do need it for signings.

Spot on. I actually think his streaky form could also be attributed to never been given a real run of games, and also never having a manager that really showed him 100% faith. I think he is a confidence player and if given a starting role just behind a typical no.9 striker, then he could do really well.

His ability to turn and play the right pass has often won us games, not to mention his own scoring record where he often scored goals that Vardy simply didn't have in his locker. 

The biggest concern is his hit or miss first touch. It often bounces off him, and I don't think Enzo would have much patience for that (Daka take note!). Again, that could be because he has been a bit part player his whole time with us. 

I'd still prefer to keep him and start him behind a typical no.9, take the hit on £10 million and hope he proves his worth with 15-20 goals, which I think he is easily capable of at this level. I actually think he would jump at the chance to sign a new deal if we went back up with him playing a big part in that promotion. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Wouldn't say no to Dele Alli with the right support structure around him, I think in the right environment he'd thrive 

If Dele's attitude is right I have no qualms with him coming here. It has been a while but there is a player there