Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

But given how little we stand to get for him now, wouldn't it be worth keeping him for a year even if his contract runs out at the end of it? If we stood to get £25m if we sold him now, I'd agree with you. But not for the poxy amounts being quoted.

I was being facetious mate I wasn't being serious. If he doesn't sign then eventually his contract will run out so he'll go. 

I'd keep him if there's not a good offer yeah. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

As a business decision its no decision at all. He's an asset that will depreciate to zero in a years time. So if selling him now funds a replacement in Piroe who due to his current contract status means he's also going for less than market value and so at worst is going to retain that value in a years time, then from a business perspective its obvious you sell.

And £3 mil in wages saved too.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He would rip up the Championship. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

I concur. Both that he would rip up the Championship and that Dahnsouff needs help. :P

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Is one school of thought! Onions innit :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Based on...?

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Watching him play and paying attention :thumbup:

No doubt he has been good on occasion and that was  never in doubt, but he has also been totally honking. 

Guess the intention of tge powers that be will become apparent. Has Enzo commented on Kel yet?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

No doubt he has been good on occasion and that was  never in doubt, but he has also been totally honking. 

Guess the intention of tge powers that be will become apparent. Has Enzo commented on Kel yet?

Not as far as I'm aware. But the fact that Kel was going to start yesterday in Vardy's absence would suggest he's ahead of Daka in the pecking order...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Same people getting annoyed that we let contracts run down are now saying we should hold onto him. Make it make sense. 

It makes sense because the fees being suggested are not enough to outweigh the potential loss, IF he fired us back to the Premier League, which he well could. It’s a bit of a gamble, but probably worth it frankly. 

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Ur kidding he and daka are the worst at controlling the ball played to them 

His control isn't perfect, but I believe your original comment was regarding your desire for a plyer to hold the ball up and bringing midfielders into play. Even Rodgers admitted that Iheanacho was good at this, hence his desire to have two inside forwards playing so they could go inside, when Iheanacho collected the ball from deep. This was best exemplified when Iheanacho set up Tete's goal against Villa away.

• Like 1

I'm torn on Kels whether to cash out or play on. He'll win us games but also lose us games, fluffing our one big chance. 

If he goes,.I'll miss his perfectly weighted through balls. This part of his game is so so underrated / underappreciated. 

So many examples where he lays a chance on a plate. As a random example, his two v PSV, one for Barnes first half and an over shoulder lift for Daka late on.  

11 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not as far as I'm aware. But the fact that Kel was going to start yesterday in Vardy's absence would suggest he's ahead of Daka in the pecking order...

Hope the rest of the squad are an above Daka. Well apart from Soumare

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm torn on Kels whether to cash out or play on. He'll win us games but also lose us games, fluffing our one big chance

If he goes,.I'll miss his perfectly weighted through balls. This part of his game is so so underrated / underappreciated. 

So many examples where he lays a chance on a plate. As a random example, his two v PSV, one for Barnes first half and an over shoulder lift for Daka late on.  

There's no way games are won or lost in the championship on one big chance.  There will be multiple times to score and most of those when they come the way of opposition tend to be missed rather than taken.  That is the main difference between the leagues.  Chances taken/not taken.

Selling Kels is not an option.  I wouldn't sell him.  He's worth the wage alongside saying no to anyone who puts in a bid.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dusty said:

Same people getting annoyed that we let contracts run down are now saying we should hold onto him. Make it make sense. 

Well because allowing yet another player to run his contract down has resulted in our position being that weak that there's a genuine case to keep him for a year as we're being offered **** all.