Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

I'll be gutted to see Iheanacho leave. He's an unbelievable player when played consistently and would score a ridiculous amount of goals in this league, and is a proven goalscorer in the PL too. 

That said, watching him against Northampton I genuinely don't think he's a Maresca type of player. I get the  impression that Maresca will demand his attackers to press from the front the second we lose possession and watching Iheanacho on Saturday I got the impression that he just isn't able/doesn’t want to incorporate that into his game. 

It's such a shame as he's been incredible given the way he's been treated but I'll wish him well wherever he ends up. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

I agree to an extent, but Nacho isn't being touted as someone who is going to bring in massive money.  

We have to play with the best squad we can and offloading our best players just because they have one year left is a false economy.  We still have a largely Premier League quality squad which gives us a good chance of promotion.  Shipping out our best players and downgrading the quality, when we don't have to, is the wrong strategy imo.

Iheanacho is capable of scoring a truck load of goals and helping us back into the Premier League.  That's worth more than a transfer fee right now.

I agree to an extent, but while I realize that he's not worth big money  he is on big wages (60 a week) & the transfer fee coupled with his wages will impact the club. I also don't think that he fits in to a Maresca type system. For me I would sell and re-invest in someone younger.

I do see your side of the discussion & would understand if city decide to keep him but would suggest a one year extension before the season starts.

Alli’s an interesting one in that he’s a goal scoring “8” who’s constantly been played out of position. **** knows if we’d be interested in taking the risk but if you can get him anywhere near back to his best form he’s dynamite in the Championship. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Alli’s an interesting one in that he’s a goal scoring “8” who’s constantly been played out of position. **** knows if we’d be interested in taking the risk but if you can get him anywhere near back to his best form he’s dynamite in the Championship. 

And in the Premier League. The ability he had must still be there. He just needs love and support. 

Although saying that, Ndidi dropped off a cliff and has shown few signs of climbing back up it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

And in the Premier League. The ability he had must still be there. He just needs love and support. 

Although saying that, Ndidi dropped off a cliff and has shown few signs of climbing back up it. 

That's the danger. The ability may still be there, but once you decline a couple of percentage points it can be impossible to retrieve previous levels. Would we risk re-signing Drinkwater?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

£10 million and Deli Ali I’d take. If he wanted to come on reasonable wages that would be a good sign to me. 

20 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I don't really think Dele Ali is ready to get back to playing at the moment.

Have you not read that he's having mental issues regarding the sexual abuse he suffered as a kid and is going through therapy.

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

That's the danger. The ability may still be there, but once you decline a couple of percentage points it can be impossible to retrieve previous levels. Would we risk re-signing Drinkwater?

Not comparable in my book. Ali was miles better than Drinky and the risk is slightly more worthwhile. But it would be a very big risk. 

57 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I don't really think Dele Ali is ready to get back to playing at the moment.

Have you not read that he's having mental issues regarding the sexual abuse he suffered as a kid and is going through therapy.

Plenty of people go through therapy for such issues and still manage to do their jobs. And before you jump

on me I know through personal experience  through close friends and family. 

• Like 1

Personally  I would really try to keep Kel. Give him a run and he'll  score goals as he has proven before. He's definitely  a confidence player and I think if he has faith shown in him he will repay it. Also can play behind a striker and link up which if he goes I wonder where that will come from . I also think he has a soft spot for us  (God knows why the way he's  been treated) . Look at his determination at Leeds and his reaction limpimg off. If others had shown that desire we might have drawn arsenal at home first game instead of cov. A quick sale could be costly.

• Like 4

Alli fits the mould of English players on the fringes that has fallen away. 

Winks, Coady and we have Vardy.

Lets just get Maguire on loan whilst we’re at it shall we. 

5 hours ago, Sly said:

Alli fits the mould of English players on the fringes that has fallen away. 

Winks, Coady and we have Vardy.

Lets just get Maguire on loan whilst we’re at it shall we. 

I was thinking we haven’t been looking far from home at the moment with our signings. Even the guy with the exotic name from the French league is from Derby Ffs lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

£10 million and Deli Ali I’d take. If he wanted to come on reasonable wages that would be a good sign to me. 

I wouldn't want him here under any circumstances.

As much as he's had his personal problems which I feel for, he's a liability and a loose cannon that we really don't need at the moment. Talent is there, but his attitude to life is all wrong. We don't need that level of distraction in a year where we need unity to get our of this league. 

Sometimes in Ali’s case a move to someone like us in our current situation could be ideal for him. 

The pressure is removed somewhat because he’s out of the headlines and if he managed to find some form and love for the game again, and then he can enjoy his football within a supportive environment. 

It can however be detrimental too, Michael Johnson was a good example of that, he was a lost soul, and I think he never stood a chance.

Id welcome Ali with open arms, as I know the club would support him and the right environment to thrive, but he would need to want it too. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I wouldn't want him here under any circumstances.

As much as he's had his personal problems which I feel for, he's a liability and a loose cannon that we really don't need at the moment. Talent is there, but his attitude to life is all wrong. We don't need that level of distraction in a year where we need unity to get our of this league. 

Considering what he’s just disclosed, you can’t state his “attitude the life is all wrong”, that’s a very poor choice of wording……. You can’t tar someone suffering with due to a traumatic experience with an attitude of ‘can’t be arsed’ syndrome. 

• Like 4

If he wanted to come I'd be all for it. But he has to want to come. Not just do it because he feels like he's got no options. We've got Winks so he has a mate from the offset (assuming they got on). End of the day a loan with option at a low fee wouldn't hurt us no matter the outcome. The potential upsides outweigh the downs in that situation for me.

• Like 1

I would be imagine, we’re no longer in a rush to get the remaining players out the door. Now we’ve lost Barnes and Maddison for substantial fees, and freed up lots of wages by the large amount of well payed players leaving, we no longer have to dispatch the likes of Castagne, Soumare and Nacho for reduced prices. Long way left in the window. I’m sure we can get more than £10m for him