Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

On 25/07/2023 at 10:17, NewquayFox said:

Already blocked this Eejit but Twitter folks still repost him, it’s all liars and adverts (oh and slappers) on Twitter now, now matter how many you block or mute they still appear every 3/4 posts… 

IMG_9103.png

These people need to go onto some sort of incel monitoring list the second the account is activated 

• Like 3

On 18/07/2023 at 13:13, FoxinNotts said:

Here's the thing, given the option of:

- Kel signs a new contract, stays, and we go with Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho

or 

- We sell Kel, buy Piroe, and go with Vardy, Daka and Piroe

Which would people go for??

Either are ok, but the club are unlikely to get him to sign a new contract, there is something off in that area of how we operate.  I can see a 3rd option happening due to how incompetent we can be, he leaves, and we then dont replace him.

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Either are ok, but the club are unlikely to get him to sign a new contract, there is something off in that area of how we operate.  I can see a 3rd option happening due to how incompetent we can be, he leaves, and we then dont replace him.

Or of course the most likely fourth option: he doesn’t sign a new contract but stays and sees his current one out with us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Vardy and Daka are arguably not good enough, and don't particularly fit Maresca's system. And with Iheanacho in his final year and way too good for the Championship, we're very vulnerable to a bid late in the window and then we're scrambling to buy a replacement for the most sought after position and all just to still end up with 1 decent striker...

12 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Vardy and Daka are arguably not good enough, and don't particularly fit Maresca's system. And with Iheanacho in his final year and way too good for the Championship, we're very vulnerable to a bid late in the window and then we're scrambling to buy a replacement for the most sought after position and all just to still end up with 1 decent striker...

I can only assume Vardy  has some sort of  clause in his contract guaranteeing game time..  I know it was only Burton… but that goal alone  should get Nacho some league minutes starting.

• Like 1

Kel deserves premier league football but it also makes sense for him to stay with us and get promotion. 

Honestly I would consider talking to Vards about a mutual termination, using some of the wages saved to give Kel a big promotion bonus if we go up and allow him to leave if we don’t. 

He’s 26 and he will fit Marescas system as he’s a really technical player in those tight spaces and can score goals when given a run and chances. On the flip side I really think it’s a huge risk with Vardy as I’m not sure he suits the play style, teams will be sat back against us and he’s not very good in those tight areas. 

I don’t see the point in Kel going somewhere like Everton or Forest who will no doubt be down there again next season. 

Keeping Kel would be one of my first priorities and building an attack around him. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Kel deserves premier league football but it also makes sense for him to stay with us and get promotion. 

Honestly I would consider talking to Vards about a mutual termination, using some of the wages saved to give Kel a big promotion bonus if we go up and allow him to leave if we don’t. 

He’s 26 and he will fit Marescas system as he’s a really technical player in those tight spaces and can score goals when given a run and chances. On the flip side I really think it’s a huge risk with Vardy as I’m not sure he suits the play style, teams will be sat back against us and he’s not very good in those tight areas. 

I don’t see the point in Kel going somewhere like Everton or Forest who will no doubt be down there again next season. 

Keeping Kel would be one of my first priorities and building an attack around him. 

We have more of a chance of playing Premier League football next season than either of those two. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Terminating contracts is ****ing pointless. Even if it was "mutual" there'd be a hefty sum of money involved. Odds are Vardy hangs his boots up after this season anyway, especially if we manage to get promoted. 

I agree Vardy shouldn't be starting but I wouldn't wanna lose him, not while we're down here. I know the term loyalty gets thrown around a lot these days but we do owe him something. So if he wants to stick around and help us get promoted, let him.

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Terminating contracts is ****ing pointless. Even if it was "mutual" there'd be a hefty sum of money involved. Odds are Vardy hangs his boots up after this season anyway, especially if we manage to get promoted. 

I agree Vardy shouldn't be starting but I wouldn't wanna lose him, not while we're down here. I know the term loyalty gets thrown around a lot these days but we do owe him something. So if he wants to stick around and help us get promoted, let him.

Everything!! 

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Wolves are this seasons Leicester- FFP conundrum. Difference being they binned off their coach for bad mouthing the Club immediately. 

if we’d binned off Rodgers last season and got someone of o’neils quality in there would have been riots.  Wolves are lucky there’s a lot of dross around this season so they might just scrape by 

47 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we’d binned off Rodgers last season and got someone of o’neils quality in there would have been riots.  Wolves are lucky there’s a lot of dross around this season so they might just scrape by 

Well if we had an intelligent DoF we would have planned Rodgers departure and replaced him with someone better than O’Neil!!!!!! But yes, what you are describing would have hypothetically been a very bad state of affairs. 

9 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Vardy still has a lot to offer and will be needed this season. Mark my words