Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Well if we had an intelligent DoF we would have planned Rodgers departure and replaced him with someone better than O’Neil!!!!!! But yes, what you are describing would have hypothetically been a very bad state of affairs. 

I do wander if Maresca was always the plan but wouldn't come until he'd completed the season which is why we ended up with Smith as an interim?

The signings we made before maresca came in, certainly suit the style he wanted to play and that can't be coincidence. Not with Leicester!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claridge said:

maresca ball is great blah,blah,blah but im sure if we played 442 with Ricardo on the right and Vardy and Nacho up front we would piss this league

Respectfully I strongly disagree, not saying we wouldn’t do well, but this system gives us overloads and rotations all over the pitch and at times doesn’t let the opposition near you, we were suffocating Coventry first half. When you play a 442 it allows the opposition to go man for man, they can get into you, and the old school championship physicality can then really hurt you. The key to the championship is to take the physicality out the game as best you can, as technically were on another level. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Respectfully I strongly disagree, not saying we wouldn’t do well, but this system gives us overloads and rotations all over the pitch and at times doesn’t let the opposition near you, we were suffocating Coventry first half. When you play a 442 it allows the opposition to go man for man, they can get into you, and the old school championship physicality can then really hurt you. The key to the championship is to take the physicality out the game as best you can, as technically were on another level. 

Trouble is second half when they had worked us out they could easily of had 3 or 4. Hopefully new players will ensure this system is as effective as you say it can be

9 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Trouble is second half when they had worked us out they could easily of had 3 or 4. Hopefully new players will ensure this system is as effective as you say it can be

Lets be honest we were very jammy getting 3 points from that game!!.. 

Massive improvement needed if we're going to get promotion!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Lets be honest we were very jammy getting 3 points from that game!!.. 

Massive improvement needed if we're going to get promotion!! 

Jammy? We absolutely smothered them at times and just lacked a final ball. True, if they didn't have Harvey Price playing up front we might have got punished more at the start of the second half but there's going to be games where we'll play worse than that and win by 3.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Maybe, but you’re conveniently ignoring how easily Cov.got through us when it was 1-0.

We were fortunate they had Ellis upfront and not Gyorkes!
Enzos system is good until you give the ball away ,then our defence looks like Mary Celeste..

Shouldn’t be to sniffy about two banks of four!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Yeah absolutely agree. We’re very much a work in progress but long term we’ll iron it out. Coventry last season were the best in the league at counter attacking and it showed last week. 

47 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Trouble is second half they bagged a goal after 1 minute and we lost our head… understandable after all that happened last season but I’m sure over time and once we’ve got the players in needed to play the way Enzo wants us to play we’ll be golden! You’ve got to also remember how little time Enzo has had to implement his style of play on the players so maybe a little patience is needed

9 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Yeah absolutely agree. We’re very much a work in progress but long term we’ll iron it out. Coventry last season were the best in the league at counter attacking and it showed last week. 

Its a long season and we are going to get beaten , maybe hammered sometimes. It will be interesting to read opinions of Maresca after we do. If we get beaten twice in a row , some on here will be standing on their heads. Opinion is fickle. None of this matters if overall we get the job done. 138 points to play for , 90 should see us up or playoff at least.

57 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Maybe, but you’re conveniently ignoring how easily Cov.got through us when it was 1-0.

We were fortunate they had Ellis upfront and not Gyorkes!
Enzos system is good until you give the ball away ,then our defence looks like Mary Celeste..

Shouldn’t be to sniffy about two banks of four!

The guy has had six weeks, and a pre-season schedule everyone has said is the worse prep for a season. 

Maybe give the guy a little longer the 2 games lol

From @moore_94s post on Enzo’s latest press conference, new deal on the table: 

New contract for Iheanacho?

“This one of the things is on the table. It’s one of the things we need to discuss between the player. Most of the time we think about the club but we need to see the desire of the player. We have to decide between the player, club, and manager. It‘s one of the things we need to do soon to clarify the situation. Kele played against Coventry very good. He played the other day, goal, assist, it’s one of the things I said from day one that to realise something important, you need players who are out on the bench but when they go inside, they are a boost for the team.”

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

The guy has had six weeks, and a pre-season schedule everyone has said is the worse prep for a season. 

Maybe give the guy a little longer the 2 games lol

Whats the point when you get joy out of moaning how shit it is!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Vardy still has a lot to offer and will be needed this season. Mark my words

Hope so, I don't want to see a repeat of last season, even with the step down in opposition i'm not sure his traits suit the way we want to play but hopefully i'm wrong. Do we have any concrete info on what his wages are now?

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

From @moore_94s post on Enzo’s latest press conference, new deal on the table: 

New contract for Iheanacho?

“This one of the things is on the table. It’s one of the things we need to discuss between the player. Most of the time we think about the club but we need to see the desire of the player. We have to decide between the player, club, and manager. It‘s one of the things we need to do soon to clarify the situation. Kele played against Coventry very good. He played the other day, goal, assist, it’s one of the things I said from day one that to realise something important, you need players who are out on the bench but when they go inside, they are a boost for the team.”

"you need players who are out on the bench, but when they go inside, they are a boost for the team". Enzo please he needs to be a starter for us, no wonder he doesnt want to sign a new contract when he could be a starter at a PL side.

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Manager doesn’t rate him as a long term solution, doesn’t feel he busts a gut for the team, he has told him straight improve or go, there was a sulk after the initial “chat” but that has been replaced by some effort , but in reality he isn’t dynamic enough or hungry enough to lead a press from the front 

Interesting.  Cheers for the info 

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Manager doesn’t rate him as a long term solution, doesn’t feel he busts a gut for the team, he has told him straight improve or go, there was a sulk after the initial “chat” but that has been replaced by some effort , but in reality he isn’t dynamic enough or hungry enough to lead a press from the front 

I’m not sure any of us could argue with that - it’s the way he’s made. I couldn’t ever see him charging around up top putting pressure on defenders like vards used to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure any of us could argue with that - it’s the way he’s made. I couldn’t ever see him charging around up top putting pressure on defenders like vards used to. 

Then we have to accept he is better off gone and we find that replacement quick 

10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I feel he is also way too inconsistent, one day looks a world beater, the next he looks like he can barely control a ball. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him move on to facilitate us bringing in someone better suited to how Enzo wants to play.