Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

Dont get the love affair for nacho, 10mill ok let him go. Never more than a bit part player for us except a COVID hit session where there were no fans, which probably tells you something about the mental side of his game.

Daka worries me for the championship too, he's as light weight as they come and could get bullied out of things very easily. Then we've got Vards who hasn't shown anything for a year. Anyway getting off track here, nacho probably would have been better than Daka. But I'd still have reservations, so get rid and get a fresh face up there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, squidsworth said:

Dont get the love affair for nacho, 10mill ok let him go. Never more than a bit part player for us except a COVID hit session where there were no fans, which probably tells you something about the mental side of his game.

Daka worries me for the championship too, he's as light weight as they come and could get bullied out of things very easily. Then we've got Vards who hasn't shown anything for a year. Anyway getting off track here, nacho probably would have been better than Daka. But I'd still have reservations, so get rid and get a fresh face up there!

He has hardly been given a fair crack has he? When he first came I thought he was lazy and disinterested. Remember Yakubu? He knows where the goal is and if you put him in the role JM has vacated he will assist well as he has they eye for that killer pass. What are you going to get for 10 million? I would not sell to Everton on principle alone and I doubt they have £10.00 let alone 10 big ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markko said:

He has hardly been given a fair crack has he? When he first came I thought he was lazy and disinterested. Remember Yakubu? He knows where the goal is and if you put him in the role JM has vacated he will assist well as he has they eye for that killer pass. What are you going to get for 10 million? I would not sell to Everton on principle alone and I doubt they have £10.00 let alone 10 big ones.

Vardy only cost 1mill. Get the scouts out looking at doing their job and go unearth another good player or two. We're not in the prem anymore throwing money at established buys isn't the right strategy and might lead to more disinterested and lazy players in it for the money.  Nacho has been here for long enough under 3? different managers (excluding current) and had plenty of chances in that time.  Maybe his nose has been turned one too many times, sometimes you just need to move on. So 10 mill ain't bad business in my book. Not far off what we paid, the fact it isn't more again tells you what he really achieved. It's enough money to find a young, keen, talented player to give us a bit of energy in that position.

36 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Vardy only cost 1mill. Get the scouts out looking at doing their job and go unearth another good player or two. We're not in the prem anymore throwing money at established buys isn't the right strategy and might lead to more disinterested and lazy players in it for the money.  Nacho has been here for long enough under 3? different managers (excluding current) and had plenty of chances in that time.  Maybe his nose has been turned one too many times, sometimes you just need to move on. So 10 mill ain't bad business in my book. Not far off what we paid, the fact it isn't more again tells you what he really achieved. It's enough money to find a young, keen, talented player to give us a bit of energy in that position.

How many Vardys have we found? KI was more than 10. He has been mismanaged IMO. He is a natural goalscorer. He has a year left so the choice is sell and then take the risk of replacing him or keep him. I am sure if he is played every week he would get double figures in goals and assists. We need goals to get up and unless you can guarantee his replacement can contribute more then I would keep him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

When exactly did he blow his chance. Everytime he’s had a run in the side he’s been excellent. Then inexplicably dropped whilst in great form.

Think that’s a bit of an exaggeration to say every time, to be honest, but still far more true than the statement you were responding to, to be fair!!

24 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

When exactly did he blow his chance. Everytime he’s had a run in the side he’s been excellent. Then inexplicably dropped whilst in great form.

Southampton away last season was one of the worst efforts I have ever seen from a footballer; I don’t ever remember his being excellent 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Really don’t get what people see in Nacho, he is not very good, overall he has been a massive disappointment and I think he needs to go now 

He is brilliant at getting in positions to get chances, he also has an eye for goal when his confidence is high, he's got pretty good vision as well, his downsides are he's slow, he's not great at when required to press or if he loses the ball, or when his confidence is low.

I think he is a far better player than when he joined us, but he isn't going to carve out his own chances, so deffo better playing in a front 2 or 3 

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He is brilliant at getting in positions to get chances, he also has an eye for goal when his confidence is high, he's got pretty good vision as well, his downsides are he's slow, he's not great at when required to press or if he loses the ball, or when his confidence is low.

I think he is a far better player than when he joined us, but he isn't going to carve out his own chances, so deffo better playing in a front 2 or 3 

I guess we will find out at his next club 

4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I guess we will find out at his next club 

I think his inconsistent performances didn't help. Definitely has the talent, but for some reason can't sustain it. Some games he'll be poor, the next the life saver of the result with assists or goals. Curious case. Could be a number of factors, but maybe a fresh challenge will be good for him. Be sad to see him go, but can also see where you're coming from. 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, markko said:

How many Vardys have we found? KI was more than 10. He has been mismanaged IMO. He is a natural goalscorer. He has a year left so the choice is sell and then take the risk of replacing him or keep him. I am sure if he is played every week he would get double figures in goals and assists. We need goals to get up and unless you can guarantee his replacement can contribute more then I would keep him.

He's not a natural goalscorer, the sheer number of misses in his Leicester career tells you that, last season alone he missed 6/10 big chances. I like him, he scores the odd banger and without him we probably don't have the cup win but at 10-15m we can recycle the money and say goodbye.

I assume no one is going to buy Daka because he is wank. One striker probably has to go. It would be good to offload Daka he will be useless in the Championship against thug defenders at Milwall when the breath on him he will fall over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I assume no one is going to buy Daka because he is wank. One striker probably has to go. It would be good to offload Daka he will be useless in the Championship against thug defenders at Milwall when the breath on him he will fall over. 

I think if you replaced Daka with “Vardy”, this could have been a post on here 10 years ago. 

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't know the last time a move like Alli to Leicester actually worked out well.

Depends who it is really. The closest I could think of was Michael Johnson and that was an utter disaster. Half of this forum won’t know who he was, or how good he was meant to have been. 

Every transfer is a risk. 

Alli if we turned him around and got him back to 80% of what he was, is the best midfielder in this league. However the chances of doing that are minimalistic.

I’m not sure what our setup at Seagrave is like now, however you’d like to think we’ve got a world class back room team including physiologist etc, however if wouldn’t surprise me if we haven’t.  

In a weird way, Soumare has struggled here and I wonder if some of that is due to being away from home and struggling to adapt to the English lifestyle. Even living in the vicinity of Leicestershire, would be different to London etc.

This is where having that player liaison person who knows the game might benefit the club.  

If you look back at English talent alone, you’ve got Ravel Morrison, Ross Barkley and even people like Micah Richards. They blow up early, big money, etc and they’ve no idea what to do with it all. Very few people like Haaland who as well as being externally talented, has someone like his father who has guided him through the growth stages and maintaining that clean lifestyle to give him those extra few %’s to make him

from an exceptional talent to potential one of the greatest ever. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Depends who it is really. The closest I could think of was Michael Johnson and that was an utter disaster. Half of this forum won’t know who he was, or how good he was meant to have been. 

Every transfer is a risk. 

Alli if we turned him around and got him back to 80% of what he was, is the best midfielder in this league. However the chances of doing that are minimalistic.

I’m not sure what our setup at Seagrave is like now, however you’d like to think we’ve got a world class back room team including physiologist etc, however if wouldn’t surprise me if we haven’t.  

In a weird way, Soumare has struggled here and I wonder if some of that is due to being away from home and struggling to adapt to the English lifestyle. Even living in the vicinity of Leicestershire, would be different to London etc.

This is where having that player liaison person who knows the game might benefit the club.  

If you look back at English talent alone, you’ve got Ravel Morrison, Ross Barkley and even people like Micah Richards. They blow up early, big money, etc and they’ve no idea what to do with it all. Very few people like Haaland who as well as being externally talented, has someone like his father who has guided him through the growth stages and maintaining that clean lifestyle to give him those extra few %’s to make him

from an exceptional talent to potential one of the greatest ever. 

I'm talking in general rather than just Leicester, these attempts to rekindle a 'broken' player like this. Throw Drinkwater into this as well. It's one of those things that sounds romantic when it's suggested but in reality I don't really recall any move like it ever working.

If he came here he would in reality play under 10 games and leave within a year.

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett

People who want rid of Nacho are crazy. The guy destroys the Championship. His quality is undeniable in spite of the valid frustrations many have with him.