Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Zack Steffen

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

WHAT THEY SAID: “All my friends told me about this Leicester [report], but I haven’t heard anything from my agent,” Steffen said about the rumours of him joining Leicester. “So my focus is just to get healthy and build a foundation of strength and then whatever else the Lord has for me, I’ll let him plan out.”

He further added about getting the surgery done on his knee, "It was needed, and this was the best time to do it. Hopefully, this is the last time I have to go underneath the knife.”

Sounds like he's joining the God Squad. Next...

4 hours ago, los dedos said:

But that quote doesn’t say they want 11 leaders just implies they want more ! 🤷‍♂️

just keep hearing it over and over though. 

Getting rid of iversen because he’s not good with his feet is one thing…. because he’s not a leader… seems a little unnecessary to me 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Last season showed kasper to be akin to KDB in comparison to ward and iverson 

kasper had a habit of occasionally over hitting the pass out to the wide player and also his chip pass wide was also sometimes played when the opposition full back was too close and able to intercept.  Those apart he was good downstairs and enabled us to break the press which puts doubt into the opponent and means they sometimes press without being committed to it. 

Ok, maybe i over exaggerated a bit - but he regularly failed with those passes out to the wing, not sometimes, most times, even when it didn't go straight out it came at chest height or nowhere near where the wingers were - the point is, kasper was not known for his distribution.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I disagree.

It's true that Kasper sometimes hoofed sideline passes out of play. But he also found his man quite often, setting up attacking moves.

And he often sought to release the ball early, creating opportunities when he got it right, but inevitably meaning he sometimes cocked it up.

His long curved throws with side-spin down the sideline to forward-running full-backs were also a work of art. :yesyes:

I think that's the point though - he wasn't great, in the same way that ward and iversen aren't great.  People are talking about Iversen as if he was utterly incapable.  It's also worth noting that, despite his limitations, he actually attempted far fewer long balls than ward (3.8 per game to 4.6 per game). Granted, Iversen is the worst of the three, but kasper has shown that even with average kicking you can still play in a system that builds from the back.

24 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Ok, maybe i over exaggerated a bit - but he regularly failed with those passes out to the wing, not sometimes, most times, even when it didn't go straight out it came at chest height or nowhere near where the wingers were - the point is, kasper was not known for his distribution.

He was terrible at it, but I think it was more to do with Rodgers instructions. Everyone could see the chip passes to our fullbacks were not the best option.Rodgers apart

• Like 2

On 01/07/2023 at 12:21, weller54 said:

Blessed are the cheesemakers. 

On 01/07/2023 at 13:43, Channies6thswan said:

What’s so special about the cheese makers?

On 01/07/2023 at 13:46, OatcakeFox said:

They shall inherit the earth.

That's the meek. The cheesemakers will be called the children of God :thumbup: