Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Zack Steffen

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Initial talks happened, all gone quiet from my end. He wants first team football, leadership and experience are the LCFC buzz words atm.

It will be a busy couple of weeks.

Hmm... this implies more signings who are of an older age profile for most signings... that doesn't sit too well for me. It will cause us problems mid to long term.

That said I threw together an CM save with Winks and Coady in the Leicester team last night and they pissed the division with Winks being player of the season and Coady in imperious form, so maybe it is the way to go :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hmm... this implies more signings who are of an older age profile for most signings... that doesn't sit too well for me. It will cause us problems mid to long term.

It does worry me, especially if the bulk are mid aged players that we lose our sell on values and our younger players developing.

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That said I threw together an CM save with Winks and Coady in the Leicester team last night and they pissed the division with Winks being player of the season and Coady in imperious form, so maybe it is the way to go :ph34r:

Agree - if we are going down the Saga route, will we reap the whirlwind further down the line.  Half expecting to see Theo Walcott signing any day now.

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if Enzo is on board with signing mostly experienced/leader type players in this window.

He seems the type of Manager that would be more keen on young and exciting players, and I still expect him to raid the youngsters at Man City. 

Not surprised our early business is for players like Winks/Coady though, but I do expect we will now see a shift towards younger ones. 

• Like 3

On 29/06/2023 at 08:41, Pliskin said:

Iverson is ****ing rubbish, Maresca will not want him, and if we are going to play out from the back it would be suicide to play with Iverson. The hype around him has been generated because Ward is about as useful as a ball with tits. Iverson is a number two at best, he did an okay job last season, but he was still conceding easy goals and didn’t inspire confidence in the back line, just slightly more than Ward if anything. 

If we’re to play to Maresca’s strengths he goes. Steffen is a better goalkeeper than Iverson, his all round game is better. 

Something to consider though is that what we saw of Iversen was in a situation he's not likely to be in this year - ie. he's much less likely to come up against teams with a high press (i guess we'll fins far more teams sitting deep against us), which means that he'll have more time on the ball and easier passing options - not saying he's going to transform into a world class keeper, but i think it's fair to say that perhaps he deserves a chance to play in a confident team that isn't terrifying to play behind?

On 29/06/2023 at 09:31, st albans fox said:

Whatever happens, Steffan won’t be available for a couple months 

I could even see smithies starting the season if he’s good with his feet - look what happened with Steele at brighton.  I haven’t seen smithies so no idea 

I think enzo picks ward ahead of iverson because ward is a little more composed with the ball. 

i reckon the first month is going to be quite a roller coaster for a lot of our fans who won’t be happy with our playing style 

I think for what little Ward may offer in better footwork, he'll cost us far more with his hopeless positioning and, perhaps more importantly,  the psychological trauma that seeing him on the pitch will bring to the fans and his team mates.  Just the thought of him playing for us again gives me the shivers...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I'd be very surprised if Enzo is on board with signing mostly experienced/leader type players in this window.

He seems the type of Manager that would be more keen on young and exciting players, and I still expect him to raid the youngsters at Man City. 

Not surprised our early business is for players like Winks/Coady though, but I do expect we will now see a shift towards younger ones. 

Musa? 

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You can take "leadership and experience" a little too far. We don't want to end up looking like Mickey Adams team of oaps. 

From an, ahem, spinal perspective it would make sense - vardy, winks, coady, and an experienced keeper. And then balance it with youth around them (justin, thomas, kristiansen etc)...

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think it's unlikely - we have to remember the volume of players likely to come in - it makes sense to start with good foundations ('leadership and experience') and then the superficial fluff can make up the bulk.  If we're trying to persuade young exciting players to come and play for us, they'll want to see a strong core of players they can learn from, not just a bunch of loanees and unknowns...

• Like 3

For all the talk of footwork and how it rules out a future for Iversen, it's worth remembering that Kasper had probably the worst distribution of the lot - he rarely managed to hit those sideline passes.

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

For all the talk of footwork and how it rules out a future for Iversen, it's worth remembering that Kasper had probably the worst distribution of the lot - he rarely managed to hit those sideline passes.

And he would never have worked in Enzo's system.

10 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Let's just see what comes off before worrying.

Coady, Begovic, Cairney, Van De Beek were all names amongst others that have been mentioned to me.

Interesting that both Coady and Winks were both being tracked by the club pre Glover.

It'll probably be a mix of the two, lots of factors to consider such as who leaves and who becomes avaliable at the right price etc.

It's all pretty much unknown Inc the manager, 10 games in let's see how things are going :thumbup:

Van De Beek would kill it in the championship. Can’t see a way we could pay his wages though? I’m intrigued to know who the others could be… care to share some more names mentioned? lol 

17 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Initial talks happened, all gone quiet from my end. He wants first team football, leadership and experience are the LCFC buzz words atm.

It will be a busy couple of weeks.

this club is laughable sometimes. 

The clubs issue was that we didn’t have any leaders, not that we didn’t have 11.  

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

this club is laughable sometimes. 

The clubs issue was that we didn’t have any leaders, not that we didn’t have 11.  

But that quote doesn’t say they want 11 leaders just implies they want more ! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Let's just see what comes off before worrying.

Coady, Begovic, Cairney, Van De Beek were all names amongst others that have been mentioned to me.

Interesting that both Coady and Winks were both being tracked by the club pre Glover.

It'll probably be a mix of the two, lots of factors to consider such as who leaves and who becomes avaliable at the right price etc.

It's all pretty much unknown Inc the manager, 10 games in let's see how things are going :thumbup:

Van De beek been out injured since January hasn’t he? Is he fit for pre season does anyone know? 

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Last season showed kasper to be akin to KDB in comparison to ward and iverson 

kasper had a habit of occasionally over hitting the pass out to the wide player and also his chip pass wide was also sometimes played when the opposition full back was too close and able to intercept.  Those apart he was good downstairs and enabled us to break the press which puts doubt into the opponent and means they sometimes press without being committed to it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

But that quote doesn’t say they want 11 leaders just implies they want more ! 🤷‍♂️

I don't know why people see things that aren't there and then use their own imagination to beat the club with. 

While the club has been the pits for the last two years. Getting leaders into that changing room is a positive step. And if you replace your 35 year old captain with a 30 year old captain your average age goes down not up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I disagree.

It's true that Kasper sometimes hoofed sideline passes out of play. But he also found his man quite often, setting up attacking moves.

And he often sought to release the ball early, creating opportunities when he got it right, but inevitably meaning he sometimes cocked it up.

His long curved throws with side-spin down the sideline to forward-running full-backs were also a work of art. :yesyes:

Kasper would look to start attacks as quick as possible, something we really missed with the style of play and players abilities.  Watching Iverson stutter from side to side not able to make a decision and wasting a counter opportunity was frustrating. 

• Like 1

WHAT THEY SAID: “All my friends told me about this Leicester [report], but I haven’t heard anything from my agent,” Steffen said about the rumours of him joining Leicester. “So my focus is just to get healthy and build a foundation of strength and then whatever else the Lord has for me, I’ll let him plan out.”

He further added about getting the surgery done on his knee, "It was needed, and this was the best time to do it. Hopefully, this is the last time I have to go underneath the knife.”

18 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Does begovic have the technical ability Maresca would be looking for? I know he’s a good shot stopper just can’t really remember him with the ball at his feet.

The Evolution of the Goalkeeper: What Makes the Perfect Modern-Day No. 1? | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report