Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Zack Steffen

4 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

I’m confused how does he pass a medical if he’s out injured still for a while? Plus why would we want to sign a player who can’t play any pre season :dunno:

You don't technically pass or fail a medical

It is more like a risk evaluation of a player

We signed Maddison whilst he had a knee injury for example

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

I imagine a keeper who's good on the ball will be a priority for Maresca's style of play, especially having been schooled by Pep.

Every time I've seen Iverson he just kicks the ball direct out of play. If a keeper has limited ability on the ball no amount of coaching will drastically change this.

Look at de Gea, he makes countless mistakes on the ball.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Choosing a number 1 despite them being out for the whole summer after having knee surgery, it worked so well for us last summer. Let's do it again.

At this point mate, it's got to be deliberate ain't it... We're some sort of sporting experiment ain't we. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

At this point mate, it's got to be deliberate ain't it... We're some sort of sporting experiment ain't we. 

Don't mate, people are ready to forget last seasons horrors and clap pots and pans again for our board. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Am I the only one who thinks Iverson is shit? A GK should be priority. 

He was low key not actually that great, he was just better than Ward, which I'd expect of the majority of League One goalkeepers, let alone somebody who won Preston POTS.

Iversen's shot stopping stats were actually pretty bad. Everton he was excellent and he's got a good game like that in him but I've thought about it and I'd forgive them for going for another goalkeeper. I've said this elsewhere on here but we've been trying to play out with a lot of players who aren't truly built for it and he is one of them sadly.

As long as it isn't Ward that's the important thing. I'd genuinely sooner play Stolarczyk than Ward.

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Signing would make perfect sense if he weren’t injured for start of season. 

To be fair, like others have said, I guess we have to trust the experts. If we really wanted him, and it’s the kind of operation that’s routine with little side effect risks, and he could be ready for September,  Iversen could see us through until then. 
We might even get a discount!

Just depends on how long he’s predicted to be out for.

So from what I can see, we are signing a keeper who won't be fit until September at the earliest, meaning we will either start the season with Iversen who will know he is not first choice. Alternatively, Iversen will leave and we will be left with Ward, Smithies or some other new keeper who has been brought in as back up.:dunno:

This is Swansea from last season, who also play out from the back and whose manager has now gone to Southampton. I'm sure everyone on here is familiar with playing out from the back, but I think these clips show just how effective it is in the Championship.

The top teams all have a massive emphasis on keepers that can play with their feet and distribute. Ederson, Allison, Ramsdale, etc. Those goalies start attacks for their teams and allow the entire team to shift up. Iversen is a great shot stopper, but looking at these clips, he'd have a lot of learning to do to be able to start attacks in this way. It's not impossible, but I can 100% see why we'd bring in a goalkeeper who in this case the new manager knows very well.

Just now, Merchant_Banker said:

So from what I can see, we are signing a keeper who won't be fit until September at the earliest, meaning we will either start the season with Iversen who will know he is not first choice. Alternatively, Iversen will leave and we will be left with Ward, Smithies or some other new keeper who has been brought in as back up.:dunno:

Maybe. Should have ****ing stayed up then hey!!

• Like 1

I have to agree that what you gain from playing Iversen in shot stopping, you lose out on plenty of other important attributes.

Maresca seems to be one who'll play a possession based system and so it's hard to envisage how Iversen will enable us to prosper in that regard. The lad should have plenty of suitors in the Championship though.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I have to agree that what you gain from playing Iversen in shot stopping, you lose out on plenty of other important attributes.

Maresca seems to be one who'll play a possession based system and so it's hard to envisage how Iversen will enable us to prosper in that regard. The lad should have plenty of suitors in the Championship though.

Reckon Iversen will be sold to Stoke for similar to what we pay for Steffan, 

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

Surely that’s the end of Ward of this deal gets done?

Surely Ward is done whatever happens.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have Stoke got bunce? Suppose we gave them £15m for Souttar so might be all being reinvested. 

They have Alex Neill as manager and he originally signed Iversen for PNE and has held a long  standing interest, think he will be backed albeit within their own financial constraints but I can see this happening. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri