Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Zack Steffen

8 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

This distribution point is the main one used to beat Iverson with.

I mean I’m not a goalkeeper or goalkeeper coach but I just think should we not be working to improve the weaknesses of our players who otherwise show good potential rather than just replace them?

I appreciate you are not necessarily calling for him to be replaced so it’s not challenging your view point but just raising it as a general thing. 

I’m not convinced that Steffan is as good as Iverson with other areas that are primarily that of a goalkeeper. People get far too hung up with GKs being more about their feet than their hands imo.

..I totally agree on the coaches working on players' weaknesses, it doesn't seem like it is something they have focused on!!!

The way the game has developed now requires keepers who are effectively sweepers. If you choose to play in a certain style you need a keeper who can play in this way. If you are choosing to sit deep, there is no need for a keeper with that skill set.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

This distribution point is the main one used to beat Iverson with.

I mean I’m not a goalkeeper or goalkeeper coach but I just think should we not be working to improve the weaknesses of our players who otherwise show good potential rather than just replace them?

I appreciate you are not necessarily calling for him to be replaced so it’s not challenging your view point but just raising it as a general thing. 

I’m not convinced that Steffan is as good as Iverson with other areas that are primarily that of a goalkeeper. People get far too hung up with GKs being more about their feet than their hands imo.

Yes - you'd think that a football club would have the capacity to teach someone how to kick a ball straight....

• Like 1

Don't we still have Smithie's on a 2 year contract with 1 year to run ? 

Iversen hasn't let anybody down so I don't see the need to change him just for the sake of it.

He'll be much better from his experience gained since he successfully replaced Ward.

We have much bigger issues and needs than changing the Goalkeeper.

We should be plugging the other gaps in the Team first.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling correction
  • Like 2

I don't why but I'm not feeling this one!... I don't have a reason at all as I've not seen a lot of him, just a gutt feeling! :dunno:

Spending 6/7m on a goalkeeper isn't priority for me, Id rather stick with Iversen, Smithies & Stolarczyk. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Am I the only one who thinks Iverson is shit? A GK should be priority. 

He isn't, he is a very capable goalkeeper his shot stopping is superb. 

No matter what anyone says his distribution is poor but will matter less in the championship - where he'll thrive - but perhaps this may not be what Enzo wants. Only time will tell for me KEEP. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Am I the only one who thinks Iverson is shit? A GK should be priority. 

What's your thinking?

Especially considering the fella has already won a player of the season award at this level?

Maresca will want a modern day keeper. I think that’s pretty certain. Such a big emphasis is placed on a keepers footballing ability these days and there’s nothing I’ve seen from anyone we have at the club currently that show me they are at the level we need. But it’s also probably not the most pressing part of the rebuild. 

Iversen’s distribution when banging it past the half way line trying to land it on a sixpence for Barnes to “challenge” for it was awful. But that was clearly a tactic of sorts. Safety first, nothing short, away from the middle of the pitch etc etc. that was Smith rightly playing the percentages in a time of need.

There’s absolutely no way Maresca will want his keeper humping it forward looking for a flick on from the left forward. So those balls drifting out of play towards the touch line will hopefully be a thing of the past. 

As a shot stopper I think Iversen is plenty good enough for the championship, it’s his strength and while nowhere near the level we’ve been used to all these years he’s capable, what he’ll need to do is be far less ponderous with the ball at his feet when there’s a counter attack on. Move the ball quickly rather than allowing the opposition to reset. If he improves on that then he’ll be plenty fine this season

Its stick or twist with Iversen, I’d probably stick and focus on other areas first. Bomb Ward out at all costs though 

• Like 1

Worrying the amount of times in that clip he is pushing the ball straight back in the middle.  I prefer a goalkeeper to catch the ball but most of them do this deflecting the ball these days.

Looks like Kasper in his pomp at one on ones.  Danny Ward take note, you save more one on ones when you do not turn away from the ball!

Can't we just get Stowell to put his Nintendo Switch down and actually try to improve Iversen's distribution - or is Dan a lost cause?

Dont see how signing this guy makes sense unless we're 100% sure Ward, Iversen or Smithies will move on. All 3 wont be in demand and will make us **** all money.

No time for sentimentality, it's what got us in this situation in the first place.

If Enzo doesn't deem Iversen as the number 1, get the guy in who will be. You'll be asking a manager who will want to pass out from the back to stick with some clodder who cannot distribute all for the sake of him being with our academies for a considerable amount of time.

Iversen is not the future at Leicester, whilst he was better than Ward last season, he did not fill me with the confidence that he is a Premier League quality goalkeeper and for me.. what's the point in sticking with him if our aspirations are beyond his abilities. Steffen could be, and from what I know of him, ticks all the boxes that we need. Get it done and shift Ward and Iversen off.

• Like 3

Wait. this guy is out until Christmas? 

We could have fallen behind in the top 2 race by then! 

If Enzo does want a new starting GK, then I would prefer we have someone fit to start the season! 

I actually rate Iverson, especially at this level. Would prefer we spend our cash elsewhere for now. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Wait. this guy is out until Christmas? 

We could have fallen behind in the top 2 race by then! 

If Enzo does want a new starting GK, then I would prefer we have someone fit to start the season! 

I actually rate Iverson, especially at this level. Would prefer we spend our cash elsewhere for now. 

August / September

It was reported on 1st June that he had had his operation, and it would be 3 to 4 months out

• Like 2