Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Zack Steffen

57 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

(Gk here) Ederson is a good example of this, he's terrible one on one, positioning for shots is way off perfect, brilliant in the sweep but shot stopping he's average. Thing is Man City don't need a good shot stopper or one on one master as these situations don't happen very often for them. 

Distribution is the main role of a Man City GK I'm not sure we have the ball playing defenders needed to keep possession to play like Man City, we're going to conceded chances so we need a shot stopper.

The positions Edwrson takes up when in possession allows them to play with 11 out fielders but only because they pass and move so effectively.

Ederson is very fortunate that his weaknesses don’t get him more disciplinary action than he does (see his multiple, for want of a better word, assaults on Barnes not too long back). 

But yes, you’re right, he gets away with it because of the team he’s in. 

Absolutely bang on with the bolded but though. Iverson has shown he is a very good shot stopper so at least whilst in the Championship, I would think it’s easier to get him playing more simply with his feet and built other parts of the teams. Unless a great option comes available but for me, that’s not Steffan….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TommyK said:

Given all the players we need and we have Iverson as first choice - not sure i'd be targeting a keeper. 

Agree with this but we keep getting linked with Goalkeepers so it doesn't look good for Iversen. 

Fair enough, was about to come in and say I wouldn't want us to sign a keeper who's happily sat on the bench for so long again and that we should be after someone adamant on playing time. See he has just come off a full season at M'brough, coming up to his prime years.

It's just that mentality is a critical element if we're going to build a team capable of getting back into the Premier League: leaders, determination to improve and develop a strong team spirit.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Iran said:

He's a good shot-stopper and excellent with his feet if Enzo wants to set the team up to play out the back (something which unfortunately Iversen is not good at doing).

Safe to say Ward would watch most of them chances go in 

Iversen was in the 19th percentile for shot stopping, which is pretty bad and only marginally better than Ward (12th percentile). Whilst Iversen appeared an upgrade and Ward, and he was, he still isn’t good enough imo and now that we have Maresca who wants to play out from the back I can’t see Iversen being a regular here. 

Stolarcyk should be number 2 if he isn’t going on loan. 

I’m not convinced by Steffen, but will back him if that’s who comes.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Fair enough, was about to come in and say I wouldn't want us to sign a keeper who's happily sat on the bench for so long again and that we should be after someone adamant on playing time. See he has just come off a full season at M'brough, coming up to his prime years.

It's just that mentality is a critical element if we're going to build a team capable of getting back into the Premier League: leaders, determination to improve and develop a strong team spirit.

I actually agree although Emi Martinez was number 2 at Arsenal for a long time without playing and is now a world champion. It's conceivable that these guys believe they're good enough to be number 1 at a club but then, when it doesn't happen, they have to move on.

We desperately need proper competition in the goalkeeping department. Get this lad in, get Jakob Stolarcyzk back get Ward and Stowell out and get a proper goalkeeping coach in rather than a dad warning up his lad or a PE teacher - both of which are above Stowells credentials 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

6 hours ago, TommyK said:

Given all the players we need and we have Iverson as first choice - not sure i'd be targeting a keeper. 

Iversen's kicking is awful. Great shot stopper but he'll need to improve massively with his feet to be number one in an Enzoball team.

Looked good at shot stopping, but needs to work on diverting the ball away from goal as there were numerous occasions where the ball fell back into dangerous areas in and around the six yard box after the initial save. I know sometimes it can't be avoided, but there were at least half a dozen occasions where he could have pushed the attempt wider or over the bar.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Multiple posts on the first page?

I know. I was being slightly sarcastic. Appreciate that doesn’t come across in text. 

fact is, all this big link to him…. I just can’t see us signing a heavily injured player, as good as he is. Too risky, so little point speculating