Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

Another player that could be considered to have done his time in the lower leagues and due a Premier League loan... Hope not though! 

I knew that after we got Coady and Winks in, we would be linked with a lot of these types of players. Exciting times! 

Whereas in the Premier League we were seen as a threat to the bigger teams, now we are in the Championship, we are a big club's wet dream for sending their loan players too! World class training facilities and a Pep understudy Manager! 

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

Would rather Souttar starts over Faes personally. Just have no faith in us being solid at the back with Faes in the team, even if it's the championship.

Part of me agrees, but part of me thinks we will need his aggression. I think Faes is a lot better than his second half of last season showed. I suppose we will start to see more in the pre season games! 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Part of me agrees, but part of me thinks we will need his aggression. I think Faes is a lot better than his second half of last season showed. I suppose we will start to see more in the pre season games! 

I'm not sure he is better than what he showed for most of last season though. In our run of clean sheets it's not like the opposition werent getting chances, the ball was just not going into the back of the net.

Personally Faes is one of the first players i would sell after last season, just have no faith in him to be any good consistently.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Faes was awesome before the world cup, being ignored by Martinez at the world cup seemed to sap all his confidence and then the lack of team form when he came back never saw it return. An arm round him, pump his tyres up a bit and he'll be a good player for us. His passing game will be on a par with a number of midfielders at Championship level.

• Like 1

I was hoping for either Doyle or Harwood-Bellis but think HB is destined for Burnley or another PL side. This is a great move, more young and exciting players through the door please. Hope we look a little further afield than just PL teams this summer though, not been many concrete links beyond it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I was hoping for either Doyle or Harwood-Bellis but think HB is destined for Burnley or another PL side. This is a great move, more young and exciting players through the door please. Hope we look a little further afield than just PL teams this summer though, not been many concrete links beyond it

For the Championship I would understand why we would favour British based or Scandanavian players. Can you do it away on a cold, rainy night in Stoke? We find out this season! It's a very physical league and you can't carry too many players. Think back to when we had Riyad Mahrez, he clearly had the skill but was still eased into the team over time because it's quite the culture shock.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see some spicy names from abroad too, and hope we do get one or two like that, particularly in attack. But for the spine of the team, it makes perfect sense. It's hard to see Coady, Winks or even this player stink the place out in this division, whereas you can always end up with the Soumare situation where they are homesick / can't settle with foreign signings.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maresca said he wants the team to move around less and be in the right positions more often. Note that this doesn’t mean not running, it just means running as a collective. 

Faes has poor positioning. The best part of his game is aggressively winning the ball back and starting a counter press but the amount of times he misreads the flight of the ball is worrying. Perhaps Maresca can improve him but I think he could well be seen as a liability. 

At the end of the day though with 46 games in the season most players will get minimum 10-15 games I would think. 

Yeah that makes sense i guess. I liked him because he was raw and also reckless. But the new style won't suit. Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, LeamingtonFox93 said:

Yeah that makes sense i guess. I liked him because he was raw and also reckless. But the new style won't suit. Thanks!

You never know though, plenty of times a player who has been seen as dead on arrival has turned it around. Look at Joelinton for Newcastle! Faes has some good attributes about him, but he cost us a lot of goals last season too.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Ric Flair@moore_94@kingfox

Who is better out of Callum Doyle and Luke Mbete? Because he's also a left sided CB at Man City, and also part of the U21 setup.

Mbete has had 2 loans spells in the Championship and League One and not impressed in either particularly. So right now, given Doyle's loan spells (especially last season) he'd be much likelier of the two to go further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only really have two questions whenever we sign a defender:

How tall’s the cvnt and is he ugly? If the answers are “above 6’6”” and “Christ yeah, he’s a fvcking abomination” then gerrrimmin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2