Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

So it looks like we’re going three at the back then after this. Interesting as we’re going for two wingers, so you’d infer we’re going to play a 343 meaning it’s going to be a double pivot of Winks and KDH. Hope he try’s to invert Ricardo into the middle in possession to help them out. Palace away Rodger’s did that, he got himself a goal in front of us and played so well. I pray we get two disgusting wingers in. Id be very happy with that side if so. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Ric Flair@moore_94@kingfox

Who is better out of Callum Doyle and Luke Mbete? Because he's also a left sided CB at Man City, and also part of the U21 setup.

Doyle’s been on an upward trajectory, of course he’s had successful loan spells in two teams that have done well.

As Ric said, Mbete seems to have muddled around a bit.

This signing would definitely show our intent of a back three.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would be a very shrewd signing. This is exactly the sort of signing I'd want to put with what we've already signed.

Spoke to a Coventry fan who I quite trust on this, says he's a good defender, very good on the ball, but his lack of pace will stop him going to the top - slight worry as I think that's the area of our defence we're already quite weak in.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

\

praet.jpg 

Praet always did look like the pro golfer version of Sharkey.

"and now, lining up the putt to win the Saudi Beheading Swords and Hardware Open, it may be Marc Albrighton ... is that Marc?  Why don't these guys wear numbers  ..."

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is promising news. We need a LCB and he's exactly the right profile of player we need to compliment Coady and Souttar.

A bit worried about Souttar at RCB.

Stoke fans said he struggles in a back 3 unless its in the central position, which is where Coady will probably play.

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

A bit worried about Souttar at RCB.

Stoke fans said he struggles in a back 3 unless its in the central position, which is where Coady will probably play.

Sounds like a better option would be Faes on the right with Souttar rotating with Coady. Coady won't be starting every game. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He is only 30! 

Yeah but he won't be playing all 46 games will he? lol

I didn't mean to imply that he's as fragile as Evans, just that there will need to be rotation, and Souttar would still have a place in the squad.

2 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Yeah but he won't be playing all 46 games will he? lol

I didn't mean to imply that he's as fragile as Evans, just that there will need to be rotation, and Souttar would still have a place in the squad.

Probably not all 46 but he won’t be far off if he stays injury free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Imagine Man City would have a buy back for £20/30mil, and a sell on percentage

In which case if he's as good as we hope we’d still get a couple of excellant years off him and £10/20m in the bank 

the good thing with man city is that they don’t just insert them because they want to make money. they do it in case they want them to play for them… They won’t bring someone back for 20m just to flog for 30, that’s not really their style. 

2 hours ago, Levi Port said:

So it looks like we’re going three at the back then after this. Interesting as we’re going for two wingers, so you’d infer we’re going to play a 343 meaning it’s going to be a double pivot of Winks and KDH. Hope he try’s to invert Ricardo into the middle in possession to help them out. Palace away Rodger’s did that, he got himself a goal in front of us and played so well. I pray we get two disgusting wingers in. Id be very happy with that side if so. 

we have not been linked with a single winger so it looks more likely we will go 3-4-1-2 with the wing backs providing the width.

14 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

we have not been linked with a single winger so it looks more likely we will go 3-4-1-2 with the wing backs providing the width.

We not been linked with any wing backs either have we?

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

We not been linked with any wing backs either have we?

Justin

Kristiansen

Thomas

Pereira 

Albrighton

All viable options to play there imo

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Justin

Kristiansen

Thomas

Pereira 

Albrighton

All viable options to play there imo

Justin may be broken

Thomas has been poor

Ricardo may be broken

Albrighton was poor for WBA so why would we want to play him? (I said two seasons ago that I didn't want to see him play for us again, in the EPL, didn't mean this to happen).

His first fixture for Cov was against Sunderland who he’d spent the season on loan at the previous season… mad that his first game for us (if we do sign him) could potentially be against Cov who he spent last season on loan at lol 

45 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Correct but I’ve seen it reported that it’s now a priority for us and id be shocked if we didn’t play with wingers.