Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

21 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I was hoping for either Doyle or Harwood-Bellis but think HB is destined for Burnley or another PL side. This is a great move, more young and exciting players through the door please. Hope we look a little further afield than just PL teams this summer though, not been many concrete links beyond it

Burnley have signed Beyer (on loan last year) and Dara O'Shea (WBA) this summer, and signed Ekdal and Al-Dakhil in January, so we probably don't need THB.  

7 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I think the next 2-3 signings will be pretty telling about our approach. I'm also in favour of returning to our previous model of sign potential>develop>sell>reinvest which has served us a lot better in recent times than signing "proven quality". That said Coady seems like a sensible acquisition and Winks I can see the logic in, but I'd like to see some younger players coming in now.

Yeah agreed. 

58 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I think the next 2-3 signings will be pretty telling about our approach. I'm also in favour of returning to our previous model of sign potential>develop>sell>reinvest which has served us a lot better in recent times than signing "proven quality". That said Coady seems like a sensible acquisition and Winks I can see the logic in, but I'd like to see some younger players coming in now.

As Enzo said, he wanted Coady, Winks first to set the example for the younger players, which is completely understandable.

14 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Like this guy, got to think Faes is off with a loan/permanent though if we get him. Seems weird to have all these options at CB, especially when we have Thomas and Justin who can play in a back three as well.

Quite the opposite. This tells me we are planning for a tight formation heavily reliant on 3 centre backs meaning we don’t need the cover of JJ or Thomas (? Christ there’s a chilling thought) so they can focus on wing backing the arse out of this season

2 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Quite the opposite. This tells me we are planning for a tight formation heavily reliant on 3 centre backs meaning we don’t need the cover of JJ or Thomas (? Christ there’s a chilling thought) so they can focus on wing backing the arse out of this season

.... or Wilf.