Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is 20 , if he isn't in the Chelsea 25 then he isn't good enough for them. He should be good enough for us at the moment though , so give him a try. He played for a struggling team last season and was possibly dragged down by that. However if we make a decent start it may encourage him to achieve his best form. Don't expect Maddison mk2 though, he is nowhere near that class.

Plays for Palace......

Wrong thread....

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, frany104 said:

If we can get him in we have a good front 3. Mavididi was getting doubled up on because mcateer offered no threat. 

be nice to have threats down both wings 

McAteer had our best shot of the first half.

He did look isolated at times, but that was at least in part because Ricardo wasn't playing behind him, but moving to midfield in possession. The inverted fullback scheme does make a rather one sided attack. He didn't look great with his left foot either.

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

McAteer had our best shot of the first half.

He did look isolated at times, but that was at least in part because Ricardo wasn't playing behind him, but moving to midfield in possession. The inverted fullback scheme does make a rather one sided attack. He didn't look great with his left foot either.

Matividi offered very little until around the time of our first goal and then he came alive. Seemed to suddenly remember he had a bag of tricks and could take the man on.

McAteer did a solid job, looked pacey and kept his width. Couple of rookie errors which you'd expect. Generally pretty good and once Praet came on they combined well. I'd agree with no right sided player pushing on behind him and Ndidi struggling to play further forward he did look a bit isolated at times.

McAteer is decent but he isn't going to get the goal involvements we need from that side.

I was watching the Southampton game the other night and Tella and Edozie had the Sheff Wednesday fullbacks on toast.

Rak Sakyi and Mavididi could be almost as good as them, if not better. 

• Like 2

McAteer is a player that should make the bench once we have the winger plays basically all across the 4 behind the striker, works hard and a bundle of energy, I think he'll chip in with goals and assists too if he plays like he did today

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

McAteer did fine for his full league debut, we're clearly going to invest in a RW but he'll play his part in what will be a long season. Be interesting to see how he progresses. 

Watched this the other day, kid seems level headed, hopefully he get a few games under his belt this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fkas said:

Matividi offered very little until around the time of our first goal and then he came alive. Seemed to suddenly remember he had a bag of tricks and could take the man on.

McAteer did a solid job, looked pacey and kept his width. Couple of rookie errors which you'd expect. Generally pretty good and once Praet came on they combined well. I'd agree with no right sided player pushing on behind him and Ndidi struggling to play further forward he did look a bit isolated at times.

Agree, I think the difference between the two sides was that mavididi had KDH whilst McAteer had Ndidi, and when doyle pushed forward he stayed wide, whereas Faes went up the middle. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Sorry but I disagree with McAteer. He should have come off at HT. other than a bit of pace I can’t see what he offers. His game didn’t pick up until Praet came on and told him what to do. Not a fan I’m afraid. 

Funny how opinions differ in football.

I was impressed with McAteer. Especially in the first half.

Do think we need a starting winger but I think Casey will play a good part from the bench this season.

Love how direct he is.

McAteer did OK. Full debut, in an unsettled team. Like someone said above, Mavididi did nothing until the final 20 mins.

Ideally McAteer gets benched when a RW comes in, but gets bought on regularly enough to be kept sharp for when we inevitably get injuries.

Seemed composed on the ball and generally made the right decisions, barring the shot he had. Needs time to develop and that'll only happen if he gets enough game time. Very good squad option to have, but this palace lad will be a good starter

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Do think we need a starting winger but I think Casey will play a good part from the bench this season.

Love how direct he is.

The way football is. I just wasn’t impressed. He has pace, but he didn’t beat his man once, when he came inside he couldn’t make a decision and he kept giving the ball away. Once Praet came on he improved because Praet was getting into him. 

For me, if we can keep Praet we have to, best player on the pitch by a country mile today for me. Just made it look easy. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Love how direct he is.

Same thought he had a good game , think he could be utilised as number 8 , adds versatility to the squad which we've lacked massively recently 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Sorry but I disagree with McAteer. He should have come off at HT. other than a bit of pace I can’t see what he offers. His game didn’t pick up until Praet came on and told him what to do. Not a fan I’m afraid. 

Agreed. Hangs onto the ball far too long. Slowed down too many of our counter attacks and not playing the ball in quick enough when we had players arriving in the box. Squad player at the most, not a starter