Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-1 Coventry City - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-1 Coventry City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.5

Total Average Rating

207 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall 8.3
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Jamie Vardy 5.0
  4. Manager Confidence 99% +54%

Season: 2023/24
Voting Starts: 06/08/23
Voting Ends: 09/08/23

1. Mads Hermansen
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wout Faes
  4. Jannik Vestergaard
  5. Callum Doyle
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Harry Winks
  8. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
  9. Kasey McAteer
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. Stephy Mavididi
  12. Dennis Praet (sub)
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)

34 minutes ago, eblair said:

Kasey not up to first team level yet, maybe one day but certainly not today

not saying he was amazing, but he could have had a goal, and maybe an assist.

i liked the way he varied the play a bit, sometimes inside, sometimes twatting the ball across hard - i like that from a winger.

at the least he's acceptable backup, if today is anything to go by ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

not saying he was amazing, but he could have had a goal, and maybe an assist.

i liked the way he varied the play a bit, sometimes inside, sometimes twatting the ball across hard - i like that from a winger.

at the least he's acceptable backup, if today is anything to go by ?

Agree definitely good enough for back up. I thought he did ok.

• Like 1

Hermansen 7 - Clearly very happy with the ball at his feet and distribution looks better than what we’ve had. Made some really good saves. Looks another keeper who can’t control his 6 yard box and our centrebacks are going to have to learn to compensate.

Ricardo 7 - Thought there was a period of time in which he got bullied out by their midfield but for the most part he looks a grade above this level.

Faes 7 - The more authoritative and convincing of the centrebacks.

Vestergaard 6 - Probably just about good enough but I’m unconvinced.

Doyle 6 - Did alright, not a bad defender. Not totally sold but left very exposed and they didn’t get a lot done down his side. As I write starting to think I’m being a bit hard on him.

Winks 8 - Looks classy. We just need another one of him higher up the pitch.

Ndidi 5 - He’d be lower if it wasn’t for the lovely through ball for McAteer at the end of the first half. I just really don’t see the point. I’d have moved heaven and earth to try and get a transfer fee for him.

Dewsbury-Hall 8 - Wasn’t really working for him in the first half but he came through when we needed him too. I think he still needs to sharpen his game up but he really suits that sort of wide number 8 role and I expect he has a good season.

McAteer 5 - Looks short of good enough. He’s competitive but his touch just isn’t there and he’s far too slow to release the ball. Needs a loan out for me.

Mavididi 7 - Listen. He’s a championship winger. He’s going to do our head in all season. He’s going to be inconsistent, go missing. But I like him, I think there’s a player there.

Vardy 5 - I said last year I think it’s actually mental sharpness he’s lost more than physical and I stand by it. He wasn’t given any service but Iheanacho still looks a better fit for this system.

We were much better with Praet and Iheanacho and if they want to stay they should be starters.

13 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Hermansen 7 - Clearly very happy with the ball at his feet and distribution looks better than what we’ve had. Made some really good saves. Looks another keeper who can’t control his 6 yard box and our centrebacks are going to have to learn to compensate.

Ricardo 7 - Thought there was a period of time in which he got bullied out by their midfield but for the most part he looks a grade above this level.

Faes 7 - The more authoritative and convincing of the centrebacks.

Vestergaard 6 - Probably just about good enough but I’m unconvinced.

Doyle 6 - Did alright, not a bad defender. Not totally sold but left very exposed and they didn’t get a lot done down his side. As I write starting to think I’m being a bit hard on him.

Winks 8 - Looks classy. We just need another one of him higher up the pitch.

Ndidi 5 - He’d be lower if it wasn’t for the lovely through ball for McAteer at the end of the first half. I just really don’t see the point. I’d have moved heaven and earth to try and get a transfer fee for him.

Dewsbury-Hall 8 - Wasn’t really working for him in the first half but he came through when we needed him too. I think he still needs to sharpen his game up but he really suits that sort of wide number 8 role and I expect he has a good season.

McAteer 5 - Looks short of good enough. He’s competitive but his touch just isn’t there and he’s far too slow to release the ball. Needs a loan out for me.

Mavididi 7 - Listen. He’s a championship winger. He’s going to do our head in all season. He’s going to be inconsistent, go missing. But I like him, I think there’s a player there.

Vardy 5 - I said last year I think it’s actually mental sharpness he’s lost more than physical and I stand by it. He wasn’t given any service but Iheanacho still looks a better fit for this system.

We were much better with Praet and Iheanacho and if they want to stay they should be starters.

Sussed that after 90 mins

Grew into the game as KDH did.

1 assist, Barnes did 3 all last season

Pick up as he finished and he'll be great

Winks probably motm, really classy on the ball and moved it around nicely. We looked a lot more dynamic with him in the side.

Doyle a pretty solid debut.

Mavididi was way off the pace first half but grew into it and looked a different player those last 20 mins. Will be interesting to see how he develops when he's had more time training with the squad.

Ricardo had a couple iffy moments, but seems to have taken to his new role well. Links up well with Winks.

Hermansen was a nice change from Ward/Iversen, it's a weird concept but he feels like a really attacking goalkeeper. Could've been quicker releasing it during our rubbish spell, but generally positive. We're gonna concede some absolute stinkers this season though, but the benefits should outweigh those.

Even thought vestergaard and Ndidi did well.

Mcateer will be a decent option but not a starter for me, and Vardy is finished even at this level. Room for both on the bench, but need to replace them in the XI.

Surprised Ricardo is one of the few in green. Thought that central position really didn't suit him today and he got overran a bit by the Cov midfield. Think he's a full-back, not really convinced by the trying to convert him into a more central role.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Think he's a full-back, not really convinced by the trying to convert him into a more central role.

It's useful having him there given we've only Winks as the DM but we should mix it up else it becomes predictable. We’re missing the threat he offers down the right and overlapping runs, also makes it harder for that winger given he's on his own up against the full back.

Thought McAteer looked decent today, nothing special but showed good control to keep the attacks alive especially for the second goal.

Doyle and Vestergaard both great in terms of passing but looked so slow and communication seemed to be lacking which could be a worry against pacier players going forward.

Winks controlled the game and read things well but I hope he toughens up over the course of the season. He sometimes dallies on the ball and gets muscled off it too easy but at least it happened on the halfway line and not on the edge of our box.

Mavididi could be a brilliant signing, his confidence grew throughout and he was so dangerous in the last 20 mins. His pace could be a really useful out ball when we need to kill games off this season. Just need to get a similar profile of winger on the other side now.

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The only way you get there is through experience. He should play again on Wednesday. 

Or a loan to a league one club to see if he’s good enough there. One goal in league two last year means he needs to prove his worth elsewhere before run in first team

I thought Winks was outstanding and was my motm 

Kdh faes and Ricardo looked very good.

Mcateer played a steady game without any thrills. Experience would've taught him to go across the keeper but he will learn. 

Mavididi grew as the game went on and I thought Doyle was solid

Iheanacho and praet had good cameos and warrant a start

Vardy needs to be an impact sub for me when the defenses have been worn down during the game.

Keeper was old days Schmeichel when he was good with his feet. Decent save in him but useless at corners. Hoping that improves

Vestergaard and ndidi in the bin for me 

On the whole, 6.5 / 10.. but we got the win on the first game back with an unfinished squad and no coady so it's a good start

Hermansen 7 Some good saves. Got frustrated with how slow he was at releasing the ball when we were losing 0-1

Ricardo 7 I thought his role in the first half was one of the main reasons for our dominance. Coventry just didn’t know what to do with him and we always seemed to have an extra man in midfield. Tired a bit second half 

Faes 6 Overall ok but can’t  score higher than that after they played straight through our centre halves on more than one occasion 

Vestergaard See above. He’s just too slow as well 

Doyle 6 Started well but faded. Think he’ll be our first choice centre back soon 

Winks 7 Clever little player. Some lovely little passes and I was surprised at how much he carried the ball. Will be huge for us this season 

KDH 8 Dragged us to victory and got stronger as the game went on 

Ndidi 6 That’s not his position! This is the area we most need to strengthen; the furthest forward midfielder. Hopefully we sign someone this week 

McAteer 6 Full of endeavour but ran horizontally too often. Another position we need to updgrade on

Mavididi 7 A touch of the Tete’s first half, flattered to deceive but grew into the game. Needs to take his full back on more and let’s hope he grows in confidence 

Vardy 4 Non existent, as he has been for 18 months really. Simply cannot be starting with him this season. Spends most of the game pointing. 

Edited by Dickov22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxesfan98 said:

Thought McAteer looked decent today, nothing special but showed good control to keep the attacks alive especially for the second goal.

Doyle and Vestergaard both great in terms of passing but looked so slow and communication seemed to be lacking which could be a worry against pacier players going forward.

Winks controlled the game and read things well but I hope he toughens up over the course of the season. He sometimes dallies on the ball and gets muscled off it too easy but at least it happened on the halfway line and not on the edge of our box.

Mavididi could be a brilliant signing, his confidence grew throughout and he was so dangerous in the last 20 mins. His pace could be a really useful out ball when we need to kill games off this season. Just need to get a similar profile of winger on the other side now.

good point this, we pinged it his way a few times and he stuck a head/foot etc on it and kept the ball, kept calm.

look he's not the messiah but at least he gave us some balance and shape also

27 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Ndidi 6 That’s not his position! This is the area we most need to strengthen; the furthest forward midfielder. Hopefully we sign someone this week  

If Ndidi is one of "the six" maybe we won't be strengthening the position. Enzo has already admitted there's too many players. If Ndidi doesn't get any offers, he'll be the square peg all season. Kind of like when we played Jamie Scowcroft as a winger for a season.