Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

I agree with the sentiment that he's not suited to our LB spot currently. He just seems to not know his positioning sometimes. Whether he should go out wide or stay inside on the defensive end. Think it's quite possible he's the Vesty replacement though if we need one next year.

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

Too much

Man City conned Burnley out of £15 mil for Trafford. They aren't going to be thinking of getting rid of Doyle for £5 million.  I think we are going to have to look at other options.

• Like 1

He's reasonable on the ball but he can't defend players that go on the inside. Doyle plants his right foot and they skip past him. It happens every time.

However, he's young, has some physicality about him and got a reasonable career ahead of him. Whether that's with us or not is a different matter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

He's reasonable on the ball but he can't defend players that go on the inside. Doyle plants his right foot and they skip past him. It happens every time.

However, he's young, has some physicality about him and got a reasonable career ahead of him. Whether that's with us or not is a different matter.

Top observation to be fair.

I thought as others said that he looks like a CB defending the channels which 99% struggle doing but will look out for this now.

I like his progressive passing and left footedness but let’s say we keep Jannik next season (and we get promoted 🤞🏻).

Then we’d need a much more mobile option to rotate with JJ.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Really struggling to get back into it after his injury

A shame we can't really give him the gametime he needs to do so as well

If he does play for much more for us again I think it might actually need to be in the middle of the 3 where Vestergaard plays as he is really being exposed due to his lack of pace

Personally at the moment I wouldn't be looking to bring him back next season permanently (maybe another loan but not entirely sure on that either)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

On 27/02/2024 at 23:38, FoxSince88 said:

I think he’s shocking, Being from Man City he seems to be getting away with being poor. He’s an awful defender and not the most adventurous when he has the ball.

james Justin pisses all over him everyday of the week, twice on a Sunday 😀

This is the worst take I've ever seen.

Anyone watching Justin vs QPR couldn't possibly think that Doyle is worse than that. His passing - for someone that age - is fantastic and his early season defending was mainly superb apart from one game where (can't remember the oppostion) put their winger man for man on him and turned him inside out for an hour.

"Not the most adventurous when he has the ball" should be captioned up underneath his assists for McAteer at Rotherham and Cannon at Millwall and then compared to Justin playing a ten yard pass to Mavididi into the stand.

• Like 1

I thought he was excellent 1st half, but my god for a supposed centre half and 6ft + defender he is shocking in the air.

I love his ability to control the ball though and get passes off first time and prevent the opposition getting in their banks of defence.

4 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

If he was better in the air then he’d be starting every game for me. Still think he’s a better option than JJ currently so hope he plays Saturday.

JJ is better on the right hopefully he replaces Hamza

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was excellent 1st half, but my god for a supposed centre half and 6ft + defender he is shocking in the air.

I love his ability to control the ball though and get passes off first time and prevent the opposition getting in their banks of defence.

Not usual in a young lad.

Think that's easier to sort the fixing someone average in the ball.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

JJ can't pass consistently, he'd be a car crash as the inverted full back.

Plus he's been gash for the last few weeks.

JJ is right footed, he's far more comfortable on the right hand side than the left imo.