Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

2 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

The key to today's game was Doyle's ability to play that cross-field pass to Fatawu. Changed the game once we utilised that more.

He's key to the way we play, thought he was fantastic today.

Couldn’t agree more, I just wish Abdul would get at the full back abit more when he gets it at his feet. 

• Like 1

Just now, dannythefox said:

He’s a good player, solid today just really struggles when someone has pace against him. 

That's his Achilles Heel, He's too slow. Probably make a better CB.

He got foward to easily today which won't happen in many games but credit to him he took advantage of it.

• Like 1

he was given license to try things today, enzo obviously tinkered to allow it. Good to see. They won’t always come off but that’s fine with me, the ball to daka in the first half was stupendous 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

As I said in the pre match. I'm not a fan of Doyle as he's a bit ropey defensively but we do look much more balanced with a proper left footer on that side.

he actually mops up quite a lot at the back sweeping in behind

53 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He’s a good player, solid today just really struggles when someone has pace against him. 

Thought he made a big difference to our shape today and played very well.

Cracked me up near the beginning of the game when Lee Hendrie on commentary referenced him coming back into the team and how it gave us much more pace at full back...

• Haha 3

For me Doyle was the key change. His positive passing down the line and his attacking support gave KDH and Mavididi the help that Justin has been unable to offer on his wrong side. His long cross field switches were fast and accurate and gave Fatawu extra time and space to rip Norwich’s defence apart.

I noticed Enzo pushed him right up, he was often in the final third helping to create a triangle with KDH and Mav. That worked brilliantly in the second half. It's a shame he's a bit suspect in the air, but then JJ also is.