Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not usual in a young lad.

Think that's easier to sort the fixing someone average in the ball.

Maybe so but he's actually played over 100 1st team games and there's no excuse for it.

On 27/02/2024 at 23:38, FoxSince88 said:

He’s an awful defender and not the most adventurous when he has the ball.

He's not 'an awful defender.' He's not brilliant, but he's not awful.

And as for adventurous, he spent a lot of last night galloping up the left wing, looking pretty darned adventurous.

• Like 3

He's just so slow. And I don't necessarily mean straight line speed but more that he's so cumbersome and slow off the mark. If you look at how Tielemans was, for all his lack of pace, at his best that was never an issue as he was still sharp into challenges, moving the ball. Second his form dipped, his lack of speed was woefully exposed. Doyle's like that and without working really hard on that aspect, he's going to struggle to make it at the top level

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's just so slow. And I don't necessarily mean straight line speed but more that he's so cumbersome and slow off the mark.

It's a problem with most of the players we brought in this season, none of them apart from the two wingers are particularly fast. Doyle, Akgun, Cannon, Casadei, Coady are all slow and seem heavy legged.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It's a problem with most of the players we brought in this season, none of them apart from the two wingers are particularly fast. Doyle, Akgun, Cannon, Casadei, Coady are all slow and seem heavy legged.

You probably have to pay more money for a faster horse?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was excellent 1st half, but my god for a supposed centre half and 6ft + defender he is shocking in the air.

I love his ability to control the ball though and get passes off first time and prevent the opposition getting in their banks of defence.

Spot on, I was yelling from the stand last night,

’for gods sake win a header’ as he got out jumped again by someone much shorter. Thought the rest of his game was solid.

• Like 1

On the ball I thought he was fantastic yesterday.

At times I thought it was a tricky winger on the ball, controlling it midair, flicking it over a player's head, whipping crosses in.

He's still yet to put everything together, I think, but my word the promise is there.

I think that's quite emblematic of our overall performances currently. Moments of real quality but struggling to convince overall. We'll string it all together again :scarf:

Think last night was his best game since his injury. No doubting we’re a much better side in terms of creating chances with his left foot on the left side of the back three. Justin is probably the better defender and definitely more mobile.

• Like 1

On the ball he has some real quality. Defensively he is lacking in a lot of areas.

The reason he is poor in the air is the same as why he's so sluggish, tree trunk legs and he can't get off the ground nor move quickly enough towards the ball. Bit like Vestergaard except Vestergaard's natural height advantage masks it more.

Tbh, based on what we've seen, I'd be looking elsewhere for the figures I've seen touted.

Edited by martyn

Watching him try to sprint live is like watching the world in slow motion. Jannik would beat him over 100m, I'm sure of it.

Having said that though, if he improves defensively he can go on to become a really good player. His passing is phenomenal.

He’s excellent on the ball and started a few attacks yesterday. I just worry about him in every other area of the game. He’s really slow, poor in the air and not very mobile. That said, I don’t think JJ is playing particularly well at the minute 

I prefer him over Justin as he's left sided so it's balanced. I think he's decent on the ball but I still have reservations about him defensively. Justin hasn't been in good form but I think he is better defensively than Doyle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

JJ is right footed, he's far more comfortable on the right hand side than the left imo.

tell that to him, he's said he prefers playing left back

Desperately needs bringing back into the XI for me.

I understand that Justin is (was) better defensively and certainly for mobility, but now Justin isn’t doing much better it’s time for the change.

Doyle brings us so much more in chance creation going forward simply by having a left foot and opening up angles that Justin can’t find or pass into accurately.

Not only that, as people have said in the Mavididi thread, Doyle does a much better job of taking the load off Mavididi down the left and unlocking him.

• Like 1

Just now, Aleksz said:

Desperately needs bringing back into the XI for me.

I understand that Justin is (was) better defensively and certainly for mobility, but now Justin isn’t doing much better it’s time for the change.

Doyle brings us so much more in chance creation going forward simply by having a left foot and opening up angles that Justin can’t find or pass into accurately.

Not only that, as people have said in the Mavididi thread, Doyle does a much better job of taking the load off Mavididi down the left and unlocking him.

You will see Doyle in the Chelsea game. You will see JJ if we are worried about pacey forwards. Expect to see Doyle in quite a few of the 9 remaining games.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Now banned for the Bristol City game

Personally not that fussed about him not being available...

Think it’s a difficult one because he would probably play one of Norwich or Bristol City, because of the space between the games. I’d have had him for Bristol City.

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Let’s not blame Doyle. He was hung out to dry by Faes and Vestergard and either tried to do something or just stood and let him go through. If he’d done the latter he’d have been slaughtered!

Doyle had no choice in fairness. He either lets him take the shot or does what he did.