Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Suspect defensively but his passing and forward play is immense.

Ben Nelson showed him how to defend today, I'd rather he got more chances than Doyle now. He's class.

I was thinking this but then thought that Doyle perhaps allows us to get Nelson a league one or even championship loan.

Just now, westernpark said:

I was thinking this but then thought that Doyle perhaps allows us to get Nelson a league one or even championship loan.

Yeah, it's a dilemma. Arguably he's ready to play for us but realistically he probably gets 5-6 sub appearances and a few cup games between now and the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Think it was mentioned in the match thread but he does look like a CB being asked to play full back. I really like him though, that pass for the third was unreal.

His major weakness is actually defending though, bizarre player really. But going forward his ability on the ball is wizardry. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Harsh to judge any player on their first game back after 3 months out injured. 

Correct. The worry is, he made a number of errors prior to getting injured though, especially at defending set pieces and crosses.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Correct. The worry is, he made a number of errors prior to getting injured though, especially at defending set pieces and crosses.

Rubbish 👍🏻 Quality player.

Edited by TJB-fox

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Rubbish 👍🏻 Quality player.

Not saying he isn't a quality player, but his current strengths are not the defensive side of the game. That is a concern.

Ben Nelson is a better defender than him and we own him. 

Doyle needs to improve defensively for us to consider purchasing him and use him in the PL if and when we go up. But the dilemma for me is, shouldn't we use this opportunity to develop Nelson between now and the end of the season?

• Like 3

He’s a decent footballer, but he has limitations Defensively which seriously hinder his game. I prefer JJ in the defence, his pace is a godsend, particularly with the style we’re trying to play. Unfortunately for Doyle, Faes is better, Vesty is better in possession, and JJ is a better defender. So he’s down the pecking order for me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His major weakness is actually defending though, bizarre player really. But going forward his ability on the ball is wizardry. 

Easier to teach him to defend then to be good on the ball.

He will get better with experience.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Easier to teach him to defend then to be good on the ball.

He will get better with experience.

Yes it is. Its going to be interesting what Maresca does as he's got a bit of a headache now. Not only Justin but then whether Nelson deserves more chances too. The one area of the pitch we are blessed with options and nearly all of them reliable fitness wise and performance wise.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, but at the start of the season everyone's defending was a bit chaotic - if you look for errors you can find them for any player.  Remember that he's 20 years old, only 6 months older than Nelson.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You’d think people would learn not to be too quick to judge players coming back from injury (especially at a place that’s not easy to play).

You'd think you would learn not to think people on this forum would learn :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes it is. Its going to be interesting what Maresca does as he's got a bit of a headache now. Not only Justin but then whether Nelson deserves more chances too. The one area of the pitch we are blessed with options and nearly all of them reliable fitness wise and performance wise.

Depend of the opposition for me away a Coventry I'd play Justin.

Against a weak team at home and I'd play Doyle.

A lot depends in whether we are getting Doyle back next season.

If not I play Justin and Nelson more.

I still think we should loan Nelson out, need to play as much as possible.

• Like 2