Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

When that KDH, Mavididi, Doyle triangle starts clicking it will be too much for a lot of teams at this level.

Really impressed with Doyle today. Loved how he played the confident pass forward through the press. Played Mavididi through a few times in the second half.

More to come from him no doubt.

• Like 4

Was the plan always to have him play at LB? 

I thought he was better at CB, and perhaps it speaks volumes that Maresca isn't preferring Thomas or Justin. 

I expect to see them at Burton though. 

Resigned to Castagne going so I'm actually glad he didn't play today and take up space. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I thought he was better at CB, and perhaps it speaks volumes that Maresca isn't preferring Thomas or Justin. 

Resigned to Castagne going so I'm actually glad he didn't play today and take up space. 

id say hes probably be the left side CB with Coady to the right, with maybe VK at LB, 

as VK seems fast, taller , stronger and better on the ball than Thomas

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's playing as the left CB in this system we are playing a 3 back generally as Riccy slips into CM.

Only at the very end when Riccy went to a tradional RB role did he play as a proper LB.

• Like 1

Really good debut and great to see a left sided defender that isn't afraid to play forward passes into dangerous areas. 

Only thing i worry about for the future is his lack of pace up against fast wingers. 

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Solid enough. Not quite on the same wavelength as Mavididi yet but to be expected and will come with time I’m sure.

They only met each other on Wednesday :D

Mark Robbins said post-match that Doyle will turn into a star player for us. (he'll then get recalled by Man City next season... :-( )

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This guy is just 19 years old. Not only did he have a very impressive playing performance, he was getting pelters from the away fans all match and didn't let it phase him. Towards the end, he and Mavididi started to combine quite well together, there looks like an exciting partnership there that could be formed.

Seems like a no-brainer to turn into a permanent move because he will only go up in value. He will be playing in the Premier League next season 100%, hopefully it's with us.

Great point over looked by the majority.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I didn’t really get that chant. Presumably stating it could have been him instead of mcfazdean?

I think they were just saying you could have been part of this winning team, rather than be part of a losing Leicester side.

Edited by Twitcher

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Wasn’t that impressive to be honest. Completely lost his head and shape for a period today. 

Still he’s clearly been good enough before in this division. So it will come 

Same he didn’t really shine for me, but he wasn’t bad either. But the nature of covs gameplan meant he wasn’t going to have a huge amount to do either