Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

Just now, Sly said:

Doyle had no choice in fairness. He either lets him take the shot or does what he did. 

Exactly. I mean Vestergard was turned too easily for me but what the hell was Faes doing! I’d rather us play Nelson from here on in as Faes is just a liability now!

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Exactly. I mean Vestergard was turned too easily for me but what the hell was Faes doing! I’d rather us play Nelson from here on in as Faes is just a liability now!

I’d sell Faes and keep Vestergaard for next season to be honest. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sly said:

Doyle had no choice in fairness. He either lets him take the shot or does what he did. 

he did all he could, its a stupid rule when its like that the attackers foot hit his thigh not much he can do, get Coady in for the brainless Belgian and that probably never occurs

• Like 1

Did Doyle actually catch Jackson because Jackson goes over after tripping himself, does Doyle catch him slightly to push Jacksons leg onto his other, it’s not clear not saying he didn’t just saying it’s not clear, been looking at it a few times.

6 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Did Doyle actually catch Jackson because Jackson goes over after tripping himself, does Doyle catch him slightly to push Jacksons leg onto his other, it’s not clear not saying he didn’t just saying it’s not clear, been looking at it a few times.

he catches Jackson's foot with his thigh, its a dumb rule but it was the right call, Doyle was done by 2 experienced international CBs defending like children, it was an off moment this season for Jannick but Faes shouldn't play from now on

Edited by Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

I think the real difference of what doyle offers was reflected in how well KDH and mavididi played compared to recent games with JJ behind them.  Doyle is so much more progressive, none of JJ's endless knocks back to vestergaard, and the result was those two getting way more service in much better positions.

• Like 1

Has to start from now. His cross field passing is a massive attacking threat for us and stretches the opposition. Justins 5 yard passing range from the left does not work and he looks far more comfortable on the right anyway

Edited by South Shire Fox

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Definite improvement in the balance of the team with Doyle in.

Absolutely this. There was a newspaper analysis earlier this season on what Doyle offers is going forward as a team. So many out balls went through him. His injury hurt the balance of the team and our offensive ability. So good to have him back for these last seven games. 

Edited by An Away Move