Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Doyle and Justin are just two different profiles of players - having both available gives up great options.

Doyle is much the better passer, while Justin offers excellent support and recovery pace.

I'd say they probably on a par defensively, albeit with differing standout attributes.

Personally feel JJ is the much better defender, which is hardly surprising bearing in mind the age and experience gap.  The big difference is what Doyle offers in transition.  Having both, especially at this level, is brilliant and i think we will see both used throughout the rest of the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we may need Justin's defensive qualities at Ipswich. 

Think people might underestimate what defensive work he does for us when defending a break/transition. 

He's very good one on one and quick. If you notice, he rarely (if ever) dives in. He delays, forces slightly away from goal, delays, then maybe has a nibble and out for a throw....all the time allowing Faes and Vesty to get back into shape. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

Doyle being fit for the Ipswich game would be lovely. 

He may be available but I doubt he'll play any part unless JJ gets injured. He needs to build up his match fitness and sharpness with a few Cameo's first.

After Ipswich we have a few winable games coming up which are ideal for getting him back into the team. 

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Think people might underestimate what defensive work he does for us when defending a break/transition. 

He's very good one on one and quick. If you notice, he rarely (if ever) dives in. He delays, forces slightly away from goal, delays, then maybe has a nibble and out for a throw....all the time allowing Faes and Vesty to get back into shape. 

All of this, although he had a stinker of a game against Birmingham, which was disappointing, because I felt Justin was slowly getting back to his best in previous games. Hopefully just an off day.

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Is there any chance that we can sign Doyle ??

I can definitely see him coming back on loan as a minimum if we go up which I wouldn't hate. 

Think Man City will want to see him do a year in the Prem before they decide if they're cashing in and for how much. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Tommy G said:

Still think our strongest 3 is Justin, Vesty and Faes. Doyle is great back up and naturally left footed which is a bonus. 

JJ has gone from strength to strength, but when fully fit i expect Enzo to be picking Doyle.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

JJ has gone from strength to strength, but when fully fit i expect Enzo to be picking Doyle.

Possibly, but we've looked stronger with him at the back, not sure why you would change a winning team apart from the odd rotation.

Just now, Tommy G said:

Possibly, but we've looked stronger with him at the back, not sure why you would change a winning team apart from the odd rotation.

The whole left footed transition thing. Think Enzo will likely prioritise that, but i think JJ still has a solid place in the side.

I don't think it needs to be JJ or Doyle. Doyle could also rotate with / put Faes under pressure with Ricardo inverting from the left hand side instead. You'd lose a bit of the front foot defending, but gain another distributor at the back with JJ being the quick covering defender.

Edited by martyn