Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Jakub Stolarczyk

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

I thought he had a good game. I do like Iversen and think he is a very good keeper but after today I am coming round to a similar way of thinking.  

I like Iversen, just doesn't suit the skill set Enzo wants from a keeper.

Even watching the warm up you could see the difference between him and Jakub on the ball.

Was pretty good with his feet, but not as good as Mads. I know he is highly regarded by the club, and I think he would have learned so much from the last 2 games. I can’t work out what to do with him. If he can get a clean sheet today, then should we be rotating him and Mads during the season? Just conscious he goes on loan somewhere and ends up on the bench all season. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Was pretty good with his feet, but not as good as Mads. I know he is highly regarded by the club, and I think he would have learned so much from the last 2 games. I can’t work out what to do with him. If he can get a clean sheet today, then should we be rotating him and Mads during the season? Just conscious he goes on loan somewhere and ends up on the bench all season. 

Give him the cup games for a start.

Good option as a backup but prefer Mads in the system we play at the current time. Stolarczyk looks pretty decent with his feet by keeping standards but by comparison to Mads seems to play a bit too flat for the system we're trying to implement.

From the limited game time we've had with Mads between the sticks I'd say out of possession he plays higher up giving us a bit more cover, and in possession he's happy to take up space to create angles for defenders to make passes to play through the press.

That said I do feel a but more assured with Stolarczyk in terms of his stature as he seems to be a bit more commanding than Mads. If he can develop the outfield side of his game there's no reason why he can't be staking a claim for the keepers jersey.