Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

On 03/05/2024 at 15:20, FoxinNotts said:

He's played 24 games for us so far this season 

Guessing that we are now contracted to sign him as he made his 25th appearance on Saturday :dunno:

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Guessing that we are now contracted to sign him as he made his 25th appearance on Saturday :dunno:

didn’t it have to be starts? 

we wouldn’t have played him if that was the case… unless we want him. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Going back to Turkey. 

For his holidays or for good? What have you read? 

Not gonna lie, I'm not sure he looked like Premier League quality tbh.

Had a touch of the Knockaerts about him. 

• Like 3

Given our FFP issues and as a Premier League club we will be offered players at only inflated prices, while I have concerns with Yunus, 10m is a bargain. We can’t get someone like Yunus for 10m. Just sign him, if we can.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom12345 said:

We can’t get someone like Yunus for 10m

Not really sure about that to be honest. 

Stephy Mavididi was cheaper and is probably both a better fit for a Premier League club in general and also our needs for a winger. 

There's also the loan market to consider and the fact Fatawu will likely be first choice. 

I'd be confident in Glover and Co finding a better player than Akgun for 10m with the draw of the Premier League tbh. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

For his holidays or for good? What have you read? 

Not gonna lie, I'm not sure he looked like Premier League quality tbh.

Had a touch of the Knockaerts about him. 

Holidays. And back to Galatasaray as that was his parent club. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Holidays. And back to Galatasaray as that was his parent club. 

In that case I take everything back he'll be a great signing and I'm sure he'll really come in to his own next year lol

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Given our FFP issues and as a Premier League club we will be offered players at only inflated prices, while I have concerns with Yunus, 10m is a bargain. We can’t get someone like Yunus for 10m. Just sign him, if we can.

Im not sure i consider him a bargain at all. There is talent for sure, but at PL level, im really convinced.  He was so weak and getting him to stay on his feet looked impossible. Just look at Blackburns 2nd goal. We are playing a crazy high line and he goes to ground (full Madders style) with the slightest of touches against him and it left us totally exposed. Its happened too many times for me.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

If we buy Yunus for £10m, that will go down as a huge waste of money. He didn’t help us much in the Championship. Not sure why you think he will in a much tougher league. 

• Like 2

Obviously a talented footballer, good control, nice feet, can create space…. But, not great enough at any of those things to make up for his weaknesses - Off the ball work / physicality / decision making

• Like 4

Actually a very likeable player, but just missing that extra gear needed for the Premier League IMO.

I would have liked to have seen more of him this season, but he suffered from Enzo’s lack of rotation and late use of subs.

• Like 3

Not sure if he's good enough to be honest but I can't help but like him.

Can't we follow the way of the Italian clubs and renegotiate the fee down to around £1.5m? :D

Good deal for everyone then!

• Haha 1

Like him, energetic if a bit of a featherweight, but does not seem to make sense to spend what it cost.  

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

while I have concerns with Yunus, 10m is a bargain

A bargain!?

I don't mind him but we lost £89.5m in last year's accounts. We can lose £105m over 3 years so £10m for Akgun is ludicrous. We're going to have to sign 2 or even 3 players for that sort of money.

• Like 2

Yeah I like him, think his attitude is brilliant and he’ll carve out a very successful career, probably on the continent - but we can’t afford to spend ~£10m on someone who’s proven to be a useful squad player at most.  

Absolute show pony for me with little or no end product and that’s at Championship level so no way is he a Premier League player 

Spend £10M on him or let Alves have a go ? 

He's a luxury player that we can't afford to carry.

Has talent but not enough to carry a team through what we're going to be going through next year.

Didn't ever let us down but didn't really ever contribute anything meaningful. 

14 minutes ago, Bettsj2 said:

He's a luxury player that we can't afford to carry.

Has talent but not enough to carry a team through what we're going to be going through next year.

Didn't ever let us down but didn't really ever contribute anything meaningful. 

Birmingham at home

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

A bargain!?

I don't mind him but we lost £89.5m in last year's accounts. We can lose £105m over 3 years so £10m for Akgun is ludicrous. We're going to have to sign 2 or even 3 players for that sort of money.

I like him, but it's crazy to want to spend 10 million on a player who struggles to make an impact in the Championship.

We can get better for that money, and the same is true for Doyle unless Man City is willing to take 3-5m.

• Like 2