Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Why? 

By meaningful I really meant having a run of games where his contribution couldn't have been done without.  

Don't get me wrong, there have been examples of his quality (Birmingham at home, the cross for the Norwich winner), but we can't afford to have a player taking a squad place and eating up wages on the chance that he may do something decent every once in a while.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

A bargain!?

I don't mind him but we lost £89.5m in last year's accounts. We can lose £105m over 3 years so £10m for Akgun is ludicrous. We're going to have to sign 2 or even 3 players for that sort of money.

We can lose less for the next three years under current PSR rules, just like Forest, due to use having been one season in the Championship where the loss allowed is much less. At least that's how I understand it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shen said:

We can lose less for the next three years under current PSR rules, just like Forest, due to use having been one season in the Championship where the loss allowed is much less. At least that's how I understand it.

Do you mean lose more than otherwise? 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Do you mean lose more than otherwise? 

I mean, for the period we're charged for the total loss across three seasons (all in the PL) is £105m/£35m average per season or thereabouts. Assuming the rules stay the same (I know the PL voted to change so this is unlikely), our permitted loss for the next three years would include (at least) 1 season in the Championship, which allows around £13m loss per season on average. 

So as I understand it we're allowed up to £83m loss rolling over the next three years...

2 minutes ago, shen said:

I mean, for the period we're charged for the total loss across three seasons (all in the PL) is £105m/£35m average per season or thereabouts. Assuming the rules stay the same (I know the PL voted to change so this is unlikely), our permitted loss for the next three years would include (at least) 1 season in the Championship, which allows around £13m loss per season on average. 

So as I understand it we're allowed up to £83m loss rolling over the next three years...

Sorry I get the principle it’s just your wording confused me (not trying to be difficult) 

• Like 1

I like him, he's a decent player with good close control. The problem is, he's not fast enough for the wing or strong enough for CM role, so he'll never be a starter.  It would be fun to play the Turks at their own game and knock his price to 2-3M and see what happens.

• Like 1

The option/obligation isn't £10m but even at £6-7m or whatever it works out to be I think I'd look elsewhere.

He's got plenty of ability but not quite sure he's suited to English football.

He really got his head down and wants to make it here and I respect him for that. He did his bit at times and I wish him all the best if we don't take up the option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The option/obligation isn't £10m but even at £6-7m or whatever it works out to be I think I'd look elsewhere.

He really got his head down and wants to make it here and I respect him for that. He did his bit at times and I wish him all the best if we don't take up the option.

His last two cameos at no 10 have been very positive

• Like 2

He would have made a decent squad player but for the money we can get someone equally as good if not better. Thanks for your efforts, Yunus. It was a pleasure.

Posted (edited)

Always slightly amused that Ghezzal was absolutely hammered in his time with us, yet was a very respectable player, albeit not quite good enough for what we needed at that time. 

Yet rank ordinary ploddi players like Yunus, or Under, or the criminally abysmal Tete, got far less stick and often, got quite a lot of advocates. 

Edit to add; Perez. He is miles and miles ahead of Yunus, yet few players pissed off the crowd as.much. 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Always slightly amused that Ghezzal was absolutely hammered in his time with us, yet was a very respectable player, albeit not quite good enough for what we needed at that time. 

Yet rank ordinary ploddi players like Yunus, or Under, or the criminally abysmal Tete, got far less stick and often, got quite a lot of advocates. 

Edit to add; Perez. He is miles and miles ahead of Yunus, yet few players pissed off the crowd as.much. 

Ghezzal cost us £10m and was shocking, and we got naff all back for him

We didn't spaff 10s of millions on Yunus, Under, and Tete as they were on loan and were able to get rid of them after 1 season (or half a season in Tete's case)

Even though his overall loan was rubbish, Tete for me showed more in that 1 game against Villa than we saw from Ghezzal

I never minded Perez, I thought we overpaid for him but I still liked him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Shame because his shown flashes of being a good player, he's just not been able to pull it all together.

I agree there aŕe more gems we could unearth for less.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I actually agree with you about Perez, but Ghezzal.....he was absolutely terrible. Worst first touch I think I've ever seen from a top flight winger. He was truly honking.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’d take him for 5-7.5m as we are going to be VERY short on options at 8/10 and on the flanks 

Hull paid 5m for Philogene from Villa academy who end the season with 12 goals and 6 assist.

Plymouth paid 1m for Morgan Whittaker 19 goals and 8 assist.

That shows there are plenty of gems out there we can find rather then paying 7m for a player who contributed 1 goal and 2 assists at this level and taking up to the next level.

We need to be looking for those sort of hidden talents.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3