Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I’d have put him on for Ndidi, not Abdul. Wilf was poor from the start.

Must’ve been watching different games as I thought he looked really good. Not surprising how poor we’ve been without him in the team. 

1 hour ago, Edingleyfox said:

I just thought yesterday we needed a bit of experience like Albrighton to come in. For half an hour you know you will get a few decent crosses and he will track back when needed. 

Completely agree. I think Albrighton has been massively under-utilised this season.

3 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Completely agree. I think Albrighton has been massively under-utilised this season.

I do think albrighton should have featured more. He doesn’t mess about and gets a good cross in at the earliest opportunity. That said Fatawu has on the whole been great this season and a breath of fresh air. He is still very young though and I think Albrighton could help him at times as he searches for that consistency. I have noticed in previous years that managers and fans alike forget the quality that Marc possesses and his ability to beat a man and work in confined spaces despite not being the quickest on the park. He has also played a more central role before with surprisingly good results. When we were in the midst of the injury issues he certainly could have been usefully employed. That being said we don’t see the full picture as fans and I have grown to trust Enzo selection as I think he  gets it right the majority of the time. The game is all about teamwork and some players and partnerships just gel and some do not. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He’s just played a potentially huge part in our season with that assist against Birmingham late on. Decision making miles ahead of Fatawu imo. I really like him, wish we would have seen more of him this season. There is a player there.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’s just played a potentially huge part in our season with that assist against Birmingham late on. Decision making miles ahead of Fatawu imo. I really like him, wish we would have seen more of him this season. There is a player there.

Jury’s still out for me. Had Stephy not score that, he would have been crucified for not finishing that chance in the goalmouth.

On 18/03/2024 at 09:23, phoneticerror said:

Or I was watching more closely :ph34r:

I thought Ndidi was poor offensively today.

Couldn't even be arsed to run for the ball on 3 or 4 occasions. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Not a lack of effort, just lacking fitness I think. He looked tired at 65mins

17 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

A fully fit Wilf deffo gets on some of those balls from Fatawu, but alas I think his age may be starting to show.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

A fully fit Wilf deffo gets on some of those balls from Fatawu, but alas I think his age may be starting to show.

He's just not suited to an attacking role, but seems crucial at whatever Enzo wants in terms of defending from the front. Desperately need someone who has an idea what to do for all the through balls we insist on playing to him though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Running past the ball on the six yard line instead of banging it in during the chaos was quite the manoeuvre lol

But lovely assist.

I was so confused…. It was if he thought “ nah, I don’t fancy scoring…. I’m going to hang on for a bit and curl in a banging cross for the winner…”

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

What? Showing age? Wilf is 27, should be at his peak!

55 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I sit right in front of that area. So frustrating.

Yunus and Praet changed the game by injecting a bit of life into proceedings, and not following the same old manoeuvres over and over.

• Like 2