Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

Did we have the same deal with Yunus as Fatawu? We must be pretty close to triggering that as well if so.

The man's a complete liability once he gets in front of goal. Tidy player, but someone that could probably be improved on given his lack of physicality or goal threat. 

That being said, I'm fairly sure he's a winger, so for a lad being played out of position he's doing a fair job.

On 28/02/2024 at 19:34, MGLCFC said:

Still very young and like Fatawu there is lots of opportunity and time to improve. I think he could develop into a very useful addition with Enzo's coaching and guidance.

Not disagreeing with you but I wouldn't call him still very young considering he is turning 24 in July.

If he wants a permanent move, he needs to show I improvement into the final third with better decision making, execution and goal contributions - assists/goals. Unfortunately I can't see him doing that with only 10 league games and 1 (or 3....) cup games remaining.

9 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Not disagreeing with you but I wouldn't call him still very young considering he is turning 24 in July.

If he wants a permanent move, he needs to show I improvement into the final third with better decision making, execution and goal contributions - assists/goals. Unfortunately I can't see him doing that with only 10 league games and 1 (or 3....) cup games remaining.

OK you're probably correct, so relatively young and inexperienced in relation to the English game. I agree his end product and decision making need to improve vastly. Not playing regularly makes it difficult to gain that consistency and improvement.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I just want him to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and win it for us. 2 goal contributions in 17 league apps, and all we seem to say about him is "he did alright, he's tidy".

He played in the Champions League this season ffs!

He's bob. Wouldn't go near him in the Prem, could get another loan or someone cheaper who offers more. Is he a winger? Is he an '8'? No idea cause he's not great at anything. Said it multiple times on here, he's too lightweight.

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I just want him to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and win it for us. 2 goal contributions in 17 league apps, and all we seem to say about him is "he did alright, he's tidy".

He played in the Champions League this season ffs!

How many of those 17 appearances have been full games and how many cameo appearances I wonder? For me he has far more about him than Praet and Mcateer. That's not saying a lot in fairness though.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

How many of those 17 appearances have been full games and how many cameo appearances I wonder? For me he has far more about him than Praet and Mcateer. That's not saying a lot in fairness though.

I think it's all there for him, it's just about getting it to properly click. Decision making has let him down at times but as @Sol thewall Bamba says, it's just a case of whether he can really grab hold of a game. It's not like he's a player that leaves you exasperated because they constantly make the wrong choice, it's just about squeezing that little bit more out of his game. His attitude and work rate seem first class

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Doesn't really wash though does it. He had plenty of time against a terrible Sunderland and a second string Bournemouth, missed great chances in both and we came away saying the exact thing in my original post "he did alright". Maybe that's his genuine ceiling :dunno:

• Like 1

It's strange, he played a few games on the bounce, scored a few goals and confidence seemed high. Then Enzo didn't play him and with injuries, decided to promote Praet instead. Now he just looks like a player that knows he's not going to be here next season, so what's the point. We had several like that last season.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Doesn't really wash though does it. He had plenty of time against a terrible Sunderland and a second string Bournemouth, missed great chances in both and we came away saying the exact thing in my original post "he did alright". Maybe that's his genuine ceiling :dunno:

Quite possibly but my point was mainly that he's a better alternative than the two others. At least he busts a gut and put in a few tackles too. The other two are like playing with 10 men. Mind you, he's not the only one missing for fun lately! 😁🤣

Edited by volpeazzurro

His two goals he has scored were from shots thst will have registered low on the xG scale but I can recall at least 6 absolute sitters he's missed this season. Him and Casadei together must have an xG about 10 goals higher than actual.

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His two goals he has scored were from shots thst will have registered low on the xG scale but I can recall at least 6 absolute sitters he's missed this season. Him and Casadei together must have an xG about 10 goals higher than actual.

all the technique and none of the mentality. 

He’s one of those that probably looks amazing in training but can’t hack it with the pressure of a crowd.

Im pretty sure there were comments about the pressure being too much for him in turkey. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

all the technique and none of the mentality. 

He’s one of those that probably looks amazing in training but can’t hack it with the pressure of a crowd.

Im pretty sure there were comments about the pressure being too much for him in turkey. 

Sadly think there's something in this, it won't help that he hasn't had the team built around him or at the very least hasn't been made to feel exactly part of the long term future here by the reluctance to use him in late Jan/early Feb when we had opportunities to do so.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You made me curious so I had a look. In the Championship, he's on 1 goal from 0.97xG. The goal he scored vs Swansea was a decent finish from an okay chance; the only good chance he's missed (and has had all season) was against Sunderland (0.39xG). He finishes alright, but he just doesn't get into dangerous areas whatsoever - which tbh is far more concerning.

When it comes to creating chances, he's not great either. Creates 1.76 chances per 90 by passing - pretty decent - but they're universally pretty poor quality chances. Good dribbler, but doesn't dribble often, and his defensive numbers are somewhere between meh and bad.

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/845991/yunus-akgun

Simply not good enough. 

Always looks lively but there is no end product. 

His off the ball work is appalling as well. He's too lightweight and never gets a foot in. 

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Simply not good enough. 

Always looks lively but there is no end product. 

His off the ball work is appalling as well. He's too lightweight and never gets a foot in. 

I agree with the I don’t think he’s good enough line. His ability to create chances and dribble are really good but end product is dreadful. I disagree with the off the ball comment though, he works tirelessly and always presses the oppo. 

1 hour ago, Holly B said:

Don’t think you can fault his work rate in general but his quality is no where near the required standard 

He's very good in possession but we're not using him right. He's never going to cover the ground KDH so we should'nt be asking him to.

We should be using him to cause havoc in and around the Box with his trickery.

15 hours ago, frany104 said:

I agree with the I don’t think he’s good enough line. His ability to create chances and dribble are really good but end product is dreadful. I disagree with the off the ball comment though, he works tirelessly and always presses the oppo. 

Edited by Holly B
Replied to wrong post apol

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He's very good in possession but we're not using him right. He's never going to cover the ground KDH so we should'nt be asking him to.

We should be using him to cause havoc in and around the Box with his trickery.

Not totally disagreeing but as we don’t play with a no. 10 I’m not sure he will ever fit into Enzo’s system.

Whether we should adapt our system to play with a 10 at times is another story …