Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

37 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Should be starting, he's a natural finisher

Biggest mistake not throwing our lot behind this lad. The other 3 have simply huffed and puffed to varying success or in fact failure all season. But Tom looked like someone who 'could' score. I don't know if it's favouritism, lack or balls or tactical ineptitude. But Enzo couldn't get the big names back in the striker shirt quick enough. Regardless of actual  form. 

• Like 2

More superb man management from Enzo.

Didn't give Daka a minute early on and then because of his persistence he comes in and proved he was more than good enough to have been involved.

Now same with Cannon.

Bizarre decision after bizarre decision and in the season where it matters more then ever.

• Like 2

Not sure what the point of buying him was with the number of strikers we have, but a shame he has not had many opportunities because when he has come on he offers something different and has scored too! Maybe we'll see a bit more next season, whichever division we're in.

Looks a naturaly gifted talent to me.

The biggest failing this season was Daka coming back in the second he got off the plane from AFCON. 

Cannon did brilliantly in his 3/4 game stint

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Proven goalscorer, even in his limited number of games for us. Daka, several seasons of utter dross. Make it make sense. 

Cannon: 2 goals 1 assist in 400 minutes for us

Daka: 7 goals 5 assists in 1000 minutes for us

Based off what we've seen so far this season Cannon is sadly not the answer.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Cannon: 2 goals 1 assist in 400 minutes for us

Daka: 7 goals 5 assists in 1000 minutes for us

Based off what we've seen so far this season Cannon is sadly not the answer.

For Cannon, How many of those minutes were sub appearances where games were already won? How many of those minutes were him playing out of position on the wing. Need context as well as stats. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

For Cannon, How many of those minutes were sub appearances where games were already won? How many of those minutes were him playing out of position on the wing. Need context as well as stats. 

It's crazy to me how Iheanacho's goals are written off because it's easier to score as a substitute but Cannon has mediocre performances written of because of the same circumstance. Cannon hasn't shown enough when played for us to rely on him in this run in, maybe he proves me wrong but his lack of minutes is not a criticism i would make of Enzo when promotion is on the line.