Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

2 minutes ago, Mr Fox said:

I’ve just listened back to last nights 606.  Re: Ross the City fan.
I agree with Bryn. As the call went on it got more and more embarrassing 

what was being said? in the office atm so cant listen 

TEAM OF THE ROUND

Leicester City

We've been here before and the way things are going we'll be here again as this season goes on. It's looking very much like I'm going to have to exercise Burnley and Fulham levels of rotation when it comes to choosing Leicester as our team of the round, we don't want things to become predictable in this column but we are here to reflect what's going on in the Championship.

I'll leave you to decide exactly how many, but Leicester are many levels above the rest of the division so far since their relegation and the records are tumbling in spectacular fashion. The Foxes have won a mind mending 11 of their first 12 games and have an 11 point lead over a Leeds side in very decent form back in third place.

This week's Leicester entry into the record books was a sixth straight away win from the start of a Championship campaign, they are the first ever team in the 121 seasons of second tier football to manage that particular feat. They actually went behind at Swansea but were level by half time and powered on to a 3-1 win in the second half.

If we get another win for Leicester in midweek over Sunderland then they'll have 36 points from the first 13 games of a Championship season which would make them the joint best second tier team in history. With that being said we're going back well over 100 years to find the Bury and Bristol City teams that Leicester will move level with.

Who knows where this will all end, but the way things are shaping up we could be about to see history made by Leicester on a very frequent basis as the season goes on.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/championship-review-100-yr-records-tumble-for-leicester-summerville-leeds-star-fraser-revived-at-southampton-4474267

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hand, Chest or Knee

•  Swansea City attacker Jamie Paterson shares footage of controversial handball incident involving Wout Faes in Swans' 3-1 defeat to Leicester City.
  •  The officials waved away appeals for a penalty, but footage suggests Swansea were unlucky not to be awarded a spot kick.

Swansea can count themselves unlucky not to have been awarded a penalty - based on the footage doing the rounds on social media. The ball appeared to strike Faes' arm and had a penalty been awarded, Duff's side would have had a fantastic chance to level things up with a little more than 10 minutes left to play.

Paterson highlighted the controversial incident by sharing the clip on social media along with a crying/smiling emoji.

Looked like his Knee to me.

It's knee onto arm - a rare occasion of the officiating following correctly the laws of the game. 

But Jamie Paterson is an ex Forest crybaby, born in Cov 

Would have been an argument about their striker in the goalmouth if it had gone in as well 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 hour ago, Mr Fox said:

I’ve just listened back to last nights 606.  Re: Ross the City fan.
I agree with Bryn. As the call went on it got more and more embarrassing 

If it's Ross I think it is. He's an attention seeker who puts videos of himself making up chants online and dying his hair blue etc. 

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hand, Chest or Knee

•  Swansea City attacker Jamie Paterson shares footage of controversial handball incident involving Wout Faes in Swans' 3-1 defeat to Leicester City.
  •  The officials waved away appeals for a penalty, but footage suggests Swansea were unlucky not to be awarded a spot kick.

Swansea can count themselves unlucky not to have been awarded a penalty - based on the footage doing the rounds on social media. The ball appeared to strike Faes' arm and had a penalty been awarded, Duff's side would have had a fantastic chance to level things up with a little more than 10 minutes left to play.

Paterson highlighted the controversial incident by sharing the clip on social media along with a crying/smiling emoji.

FM straws and clutch to springs to mind. 

Lets be honest if we'd beaten them 7-2 they couldn't have moaned we were far superior. 

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hand, Chest or Knee

If they had given it Mads would have saved it anyway.

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hand, Chest or Knee

Too quick and too small in that clip to make any judgement. It could have come off anything! 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Hand, Chest or Knee

Everything about this league is so small time isn't it. Absolutely battered at home and crying about a potential handball.

• Like 2