Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Gave it the big 'un when they beat us, and fair play, but then seem mortally offended for any sort of shit thrown back at them. 

Weird bunch

Yorkshire scouse. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Southampton or West Brom have the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever.

tbf Leeds havent beat either of them this season....would be leeds like to get to the final and not turn up

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

lol

Gerrimin - seems wiser than Rudkin. Financially more astute at least. Praet to Fulham is too accurate. Made me chuckle that video. It's like an FT fever dream. (extremely disappointing end to the video though)

Edited by trabuch

Chelsea The Blues Army  · 

Follow
  · 

Enzo Maresca suits our squad. He has worked with Palmer and Lavia. Plus Shield, our best recruiter worked at City Academy with him and understands his demands.
Plays dynamic football geared towards dominating possession, overloading the midfield to sustain possession and stop transitions with inverted FB.
His possession is not dull, they buy their time and wait for openings or opportunities for players to make runs from deep. If there is a stat for third-man runs into the final third, they should be high up there in Europe.
Leicester have the best defence in the Championship and second-best attack despite their lack of squad depth that nearly cost them at the end. That squad wasn't elite for his football in any way. To get the players playing well within a few months surprised a lot of people, including me.
Centre-backs were Faes and Vestergaard. DM was Winks. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall as 8s. Vardy was injured or on the bench for almost 70% of the season. Plus two inexperienced wingers.
The point is, he can do a lot better with a squad that suits his football if well-backed.
I think his football is modern and dynamic with a lot of control and movements. I love my team to be dynamic and unpredictable.
He's not supposed to be my top choice or in the top 5 for Chelsea, but I have watched Leicester this season and admired his football, and feel his style suits our players. I don't think they will struggle to grasp it.
In the current shortlist, he's my absolute favourite, ahead of McKenna.
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

'Lack of squad depth' lol

Definitely the most depth in any squad, except maybe Leeds. Struggled after Xmas losing Casadei, but we had 5 months of a luxury (Casadei, luxury:D)most other clubs in this league could only dream of.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Chelsea The Blues Army  · 

Follow
  · 

Enzo Maresca suits our squad. He has worked with Palmer and Lavia. Plus Shield, our best recruiter worked at City Academy with him and understands his demands.
Plays dynamic football geared towards dominating possession, overloading the midfield to sustain possession and stop transitions with inverted FB.
His possession is not dull, they buy their time and wait for openings or opportunities for players to make runs from deep. If there is a stat for third-man runs into the final third, they should be high up there in Europe.
Leicester have the best defence in the Championship and second-best attack despite their lack of squad depth that nearly cost them at the end. That squad wasn't elite for his football in any way. To get the players playing well within a few months surprised a lot of people, including me.
Centre-backs were Faes and Vestergaard. DM was Winks. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall as 8s. Vardy was injured or on the bench for almost 70% of the season. Plus two inexperienced wingers.
The point is, he can do a lot better with a squad that suits his football if well-backed.
I think his football is modern and dynamic with a lot of control and movements. I love my team to be dynamic and unpredictable.
He's not supposed to be my top choice or in the top 5 for Chelsea, but I have watched Leicester this season and admired his football, and feel his style suits our players. I don't think they will struggle to grasp it.
In the current shortlist, he's my absolute favourite, ahead of McKenna.

Not sure this guys watched us all that much. I’m not gonna knock Enzo, he got the job done, others with more experience haven’t yet. However, the one thing we are not in our style of play under him is unpredictable. We have it in is to do something unexpected but the majority of our play are the same patterns repeatedly trying to break the opposition down or waiting for them to make a mistake and create an opening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

something unexpected

This usually comes with more knowledge and confidence in the system and better players which you could apply to any system adopted.

Didn't know where else to put this but Sky Sports PL have our 9-0 victory over Southampton on at 3pm tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be plenty more of our games over the summer they'll look back on! 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2024 at 08:55, Leicester_Loyal said:

'Lack of squad depth' lol

Definitely the most depth in any squad, except maybe Leeds. Struggled after Xmas losing Casadei, but we had 5 months of a luxury (Casadei, luxury:D)most other clubs in this league could only dream of.

I honestly think we did have a lack of squad depth. 

Out 2nd choice players for Ricardo, Winks, KDH, Ndidi, Fatawu and Mavididi were vastly inferior most of the time. We had depth in defence, but Vesty made himself undroppable in Enzo’s system. We also had depth up front until others went off the ball and we were left reliant on Vardy again. 

Leeds definitely had more ability to rotate in the forward positions. Southampton arguably also had more depth than us. If we’d had a run of injuries like recent seasons I think we might have struggled to maintain top six 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Guess I missed this but just reading The Athletic, and "he is one of own" @Ric Flair appears in The Athletic!    :cheers:

We all sell out sooner or later  :ph34r:

FWIW, Ric's views struck me as extremely balanced and reasonable.

I could have read them saved myself the last week's worth of reading everybody's venting on here.

If you have the Athletic:  https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5524236/2024/05/29/maresca-chelsea-leicester-fans/

Edited by KingsX
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We all sell out sooner or later  :ph34r:

FWIW, Ric's views struck me as extremely balanced and reasonable.

I could have read them saved myself the last week's worth of reading everybody's venting on here.

If you have the Athletic:  https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5524236/2024/05/29/maresca-chelsea-leicester-fans/

According to the Athletic, Ric was born in 2004 and is a goalkeeper for Mallorca 😂

image.png.1596d3397bf9b048dcf8dac9ef44ca77.png
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/football/player/alex-Iyn43heQNAReLVWJ/

• Haha 1