Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

On 03/10/2023 at 02:26, Daveb5569 said:

I would resign - Vardy, Vestegaard, Doyle, also Albrighton start to develop as a coach. Praet depends on whether he wants to stay and what Enzo sees in him when he returns from Injury. 

Sign - Fatawu, Yunus. 

KDH - depends if he goes to Fulham, which I would suspect will happen in January but Fulham is struggling and would be fighting relegation come January 

I think there will be a lot of loans coming in, 

there’s absolutely no way kdh is going to fulham. 

We would have to be on very shakey ground and the club panic. 

They’d be looking at 30m as a minimum starting point. 

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...funny enough, Transfer Market has him at 14m Euros!!!

So just over a million euros per goal he's bagged in the opening 'seven' games this season. Stuttgart played a blinder on Guirassy, they got him in the summer for £9mil following a loan move and they'll now sell him for five times that minimum.

1 hour ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

Gianluca Scamacca

This guy, is very talented and would suit our system to a t.  He's got that street wise, gritty side to him as well.  If we are Man City lite, then this guy would be Haaland lite, i'd take that for a dollar!

liked the look of him but was very unconvincing at west ham! 

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

liked the look of him but was very unconvincing at west ham! 

I’m fairness, although I’m not too familiar with Scamacca or how Atalanta play (and how he is used in their system), if he is a player who would be suited to our system (as is mentioned in the post you have quoted), I wouldn’t be too concerned that it didn’t work for him at West Ham.

As well as factoring that sometimes it just works or doesn’t for certain players at certain clubs, West Ham’s style is very far away from ours. They basically have a big man lump up front like Antonio. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m fairness, although I’m not too familiar with Scamacca or how Atalanta play (and how he is used in their system), if he is a player who would be suited to our system (as is mentioned in the post you have quoted), I wouldn’t be too concerned that it didn’t work for him at West Ham.

As well as factoring that sometimes it just works or doesn’t for certain players at certain clubs, West Ham’s style is very far away from ours. They basically have a big man lump up front like Antonio. 

Yep valid point mate !

Looking at our squad and where it might be short, I suspect the positions we would sign are:

• New CAM
  • New LCB to compete with Doyle
  • One more winger to compete with Mavididi
  • Striker who can link play

CAM: James McAtee seems like the obvious choice. Blades get relegated, we sign him on a permanent. 

LCB: A position where I think we might spend a surprisingly large amount. Arthur Theate at Rennes or Pierro Hincapie at Leverkusen. These might seem far-fetched, but when you see some of the signings Forest, Bournemouth and Villa have pulled off, anything seems possible to me these days. Kristiansen leaves to make space.

Winger: Ask @Ric Flair to spin his rolodex and pull someone out. I think it will be a right footer this time, which should make things a lot easier.

Striker: Despite signing Cannon and having three other strikers to hand, I think Daka leaves and Vardy retires. We'd want someone that can press from the front, link play, drop deep, can finish and can stretch the play. Such a player will be pretty pricey. Maybe Evanilson from Porto, but would expect him to be in demand.

I could also see us sign another ball playing CB, but think that will be low on priority. Vestergaard gets given a new contract I suspect. 

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Looking at our squad and where it might be short, I suspect the positions we would sign are:

• New CAM

CAM: James McAtee seems like the obvious choice. Blades get relegated, we sign him on a permanent. 

LCB: A position where I think we might spend a surprisingly large amount. Arthur Theate at Rennes or Pierro Hincapie at Leverkusen. These might seem far-fetched, but when you see some of the signings Forest, Bournemouth and Villa have pulled off, anything seems possible to me these days. Kristiansen leaves to make space.

Winger: Ask @Ric Flair to spin his rolodex and pull someone out. I think it will be a right footer this time, which should make things a lot easier.

Striker: Despite signing Cannon and having three other strikers to hand, I think Daka leaves and Vardy retires. We'd want someone that can press from the front, link play, drop deep, can finish and can stretch the play. Such a player will be pretty pricey. Maybe Evanilson from Porto, but would expect him to be in demand.

I could also see us sign another ball playing CB, but think that will be low on priority. Vestergaard gets given a new contract I suspect. 

Looking at Vardy we have another season of him yet I reckon.

• Like 1

I hadn't really heard of Maddison before we signed him, I'd say as a general rule of thumb, the ones I have heard of such as Silva, Iborra, Vestegaard, Bertrand, Musa, tend to do less well. Winks and hopefully Coady will buck that trend, we need 2 quality CBs, a Striker and a CM as a minimum, probably a LB aswell. Who they are, I trust Enzo to decide.

3 hours ago, kenny said:

Looking at Vardy we have another season of him yet I reckon.

...he will keep going until he is 40, he knows his body and what he is capable of, we have him for a little time more!!!

If we have to get in a CM then Oscar Bobb would have to be the first name on the list. Rak-Sakyi should have been getting a season on loan with us learning how to play this season but instead warming the bench at Palace

On 03/10/2023 at 03:46, Fightforever said:

Personally I want:

Resign: Vardy, Vestegaard, Doyle.

Sell: Soumare, Daka, Souttar, Ward, KDH, Iversen, Kristiansen.

Outgoings: £60 million

Incomings: Santiago Giménez, Doyle (Loan), Julien Ponceau,  Marko Bulat, Shaparenko, Salis Abdul Samed

Incomings: £55 million + £17 million obligation for Fatawu

ST: Cannon, Gimenez, Vardy

LW: Mavididi, Wanya

RW: Fatawu, Yunus

CM: Ponceau, McAteer, Bulat, Shaparenko

CDM: Winks, Samed

CB: Vestergaard, Faes, Coady, Nelson

RB: Ricardo, Choudhury

LB: Doyle, Justin. 
GK: Hermadsen, Stolarczyk, Smithies

You resign Vardy but still play him????

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

• New CAM

I think this time we will do business pretty fast as recruitment and manager will have already identified targets before the start of the window.

There are three players who need assessment (Will Alves, Praet, Braybrooke) if they do well we might not need CM, CAM.

@StriderHiryu @Ric Flair as for the Striker and LW what do you think of a right footed Yunus Akgun who covers both positions (ST-RW).

I'm talking about Mohammed Amine Amoura of Saint-Gillois, he has been doing really well recently and had a nice game against Liverpool in Europa League has alot of pace and flair in him and a threat every time he has the ball on the transition. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

I think this time we will do business pretty fast as recruitment and manager will have already identified targets before the start of the window.

There are three players who need assessment (Will Alves, Praet, Braybrooke) if they do well we might not need CM, CAM.

@StriderHiryu @Ric Flair as for the Striker and LW what do you think of a right footed Yunus Akgun who covers both positions (ST-RW).

I'm talking about Mohammed Amine Amoura of Saint-Gillois, he has been doing really well recently and had a nice game against Liverpool in Europa League has alot of pace and flair in him and a threat every time he has the ball on the transition. 

7 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I hadn't really heard of Maddison before we signed him, I'd say as a general rule of thumb, the ones I have heard of such as Silva, Iborra, Vestegaard, Bertrand, Musa, tend to do less well. Winks and hopefully Coady will buck that trend, we need 2 quality CBs, a Striker and a CM as a minimum, probably a LB aswell. Who they are, I trust Enzo to decide.

Not heard of Maddison but heard of Musa?!