Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

Obviously, the below is an outstanding team and even better manager, I’d like us to have the flexibility to play our current formation but also play similar to Alonso’s teams style which would require:

a left wing back 

a left footed centreback

another player next to winks

i think this would be a more successful formation and style to transfer to the prem. it may be similar to our style but they actually play through the middle more than the wings in comparison to the rest of the league; not surprising when you look at their team.

IMG_3736.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would people take Georginio Rutter if we go up and Leeds don’t?

Seems to have found his feet in the Championship, still only 21 and offers good link up play and both footed. Seem to remember him recommended on the forum a few times before he went to Leeds. 

As they paid over 30 million for him I doubt we'd pay anything near that for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Would people take Georginio Rutter if we go up and Leeds don’t?

Seems to have found his feet in the Championship, still only 21 and offers good link up play and both footed. Seem to remember him recommended on the forum a few times before he went to Leeds. 

Not scoring anywhere near enough in the Championship. I like parts of his game but he's not a lone striker that you can rely on for goals. Maybe in our system that's fine but I want a pure bagsman.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not scoring anywhere near enough in the Championship. I like parts of his game but he's not a lone striker that you can rely on for goals. Maybe in our system that's fine but I want a pure bagsman.

Piroe getting pelters at Leeds also for being a statue most games 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think a striker is our priority upon promotion. A striker in the Toney / Solanke mould. Not saying them as they wouldn't come to us now but whoever the next of that type of striker is.

We'd have a chance with both, I'm not sold on Solanke. Toney has proven it over a longer period of time, if feels like that's what Cannon was signed for but obviously very raw still.

14 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

We'd have a chance with both, I'm not sold on Solanke. Toney has proven it over a longer period of time, if feels like that's what Cannon was signed for but obviously very raw still.

I really don't think we have a chance of signing Toney.   Unless you missed the word 'not' out of your post. 

Prices being bandied about in the £90m region and he's been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and others.   

51 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I really don't think we have a chance of signing Toney.   Unless you missed the word 'not' out of your post. 

Prices being bandied about in the £90m region and he's been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and others.   

I'm not sure he will go for that however he won't be value I agree and I would much rather Abraham who I think we could get for maybe £30 mil

2 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Kidding yourself if you think his next move is to a newly promoted team

We will be a newly promoted team in name only. Look at when Fulham went up when they had all the money 10 or so years ago and Newcastle when they went up. I'm not saying it will be exactly like that, but players won't all necessarily be thinking of us like a Burnley/Luton/Sheff utd/Norwich promoted team who are in a relegation scrap all season. It's about mindset, Bournemouth when they came up before weren't in a relegation dog fight, Fulham weren't last season, Brighton quickly switched from being relegation battlers to upward aspiring under Potter, and Brentford have never really been in a relegation dog fight since being promoted.

Edited by Beachyboy

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

We will be a newly promoted team in name only. Look at when Fulham went up when they had all the money 10 or so years ago and Newcastle when they went up. I'm not saying it will be exactly like that, but players won't all necessarily be thinking of us like a Burnley/Luton/Sheff utd/Norwich promoted team who are in a relegation scrap all season. It's about mindset, Bournemouth when they came up before weren't in a relegation dog fight, Fulham weren't last season, Brighton quickly switched from being relegation battlers to upward aspiring under Potter, and Brentford have never really been in a relegation dog fight since being promoted.

Yep exactly this.. we are an anomaly and players will still see us as a biggish club still. I fully expect us to make the correct Enzo style football signings and we can achieve a very comfortable mid table finish on our first season back up.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Toney we'd have no chance at all as he's getting linked to the very top teams. Solanke I doubt it, he'd cost a club record, I don't see us dropping £45mil or whatever on somebody like we'd probably have to for him.

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

Yep exactly this.. we are an anomaly and players will still see us as a biggish club still. I fully expect us to make the correct Enzo style football signings and we can achieve a very comfortable mid table finish on our first season back up.

For what it's worth I agree with the gist of this but I do think those two specifically won't be coming to us.

6 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I really like the look of Alfie doughty at Luton. If they go down would be an excellent left wing back option (referring to my previous post above) 

Would you rather have him or Fatawu?

If we signed Dougherty I'd make sure he it was in the contract that he gets a decent haircut 

What we need, is largely where we are expected to finish I’d imagine.

I don’t see the club wanting to fight off relegation again.

If we look at the current squad, we have some players that could make the transition.

GK: Hermansen, Stolarczyk

DF: Faes, Doyle (sign), Ricardo, Justin, Vestergaard (re-sign), Coady, Choudhury

MF: Ndidi (re-sign), Winks, Dewsbury Hall, Mavididi, Fatawu (sign), McAteer

FW: Daka

Based on what little we have seen, I’d be tempted to loan out Cannon, Nelson, Marcal, Alves and Braybrooke as they’ll need game time to develop. They might cover as backup depending on how they develop. 

So I make that a bloody big overall in squad players required for next season.

One goalkeeper for third choice. I can see this being Ward as he’s basically unsellable, due to him being tarnished. 

One defender, left footed that can cover full back / centre back. 

Two centre midfielders and two wide midfielders. Based on what we’ve seen Casadei and Akgun aren’t the sort of players that could make the step up. 

Two forwards. 

Hopefully we cover a few of those positions in January, so we are not relying on half the team getting up to speed come August.

This obviously means Vardy, Albrighton, Iversen, Souttar, Iheanacho, Smithies and Praet will be gone come August. Ideally shed some of them in January, as the build is now for next season. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

What we need, is largely where we are expected to finish I’d imagine.

I don’t see the club wanting to fight off relegation again.

If we look at the current squad, we have some players that could make the transition.

GK: Hermansen, Stolarczyk

DF: Faes, Doyle (sign), Ricardo, Justin, Vestergaard (re-sign), Coady, Choudhury

MF: Ndidi (re-sign), Winks, Dewsbury Hall, Mavididi, Fatawu (sign), McAteer

FW: Daka

Based on what little we have seen, I’d be tempted to loan out Cannon, Nelson, Marcal, Alves and Braybrooke as they’ll need game time to develop. They might cover as backup depending on how they develop. 

So I make that a bloody big overall in squad players required for next season.

One goalkeeper for third choice. I can see this being Ward as he’s basically unsellable, due to him being tarnished. 

One defender, left footed that can cover full back / centre back. 

Two centre midfielders and two wide midfielders. Based on what we’ve seen Casadei and Akgun aren’t the sort of players that could make the step up. 

Two forwards. 

Hopefully we cover a few of those positions in January, so we are not relying on half the team getting up to speed come August.

This obviously means Vardy, Albrighton, Iversen, Souttar, Iheanacho, Smithies and Praet will be gone come August. Ideally shed some of them in January, as the build is now for next season. 

Look at Burnley, Sheff Utd, Luton..

we are miles  away from being a PL team..

8/16 could poss step up… not a given though..