Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

1 hour ago, BenTayfour said:

I think this time we will do business pretty fast as recruitment and manager will have already identified targets before the start of the window.

There are three players who need assessment (Will Alves, Praet, Braybrooke) if they do well we might not need CM, CAM.

@StriderHiryu @Ric Flair as for the Striker and LW what do you think of a right footed Yunus Akgun who covers both positions (ST-RW).

I'm talking about Mohammed Amine Amoura of Saint-Gillois, he has been doing really well recently and had a nice game against Liverpool in Europa League has alot of pace and flair in him and a threat every time he has the ball on the transition. 

A player like that would definitely be useful.

I expect us to make some quite high profile signings. When I see Zaniolo going to Villa, Sangare to Forest, Cunha to Wolves, Kluivert and Kerkez to Bournemouth... it makes me realise that the quality of the division has gone up massively, and was one reason why we went down - standing still whilst others added serious reinforcements. For that reason whilst we will sign players with resale value, I think for attacking positions they are likely to be more developed, so maybe players from France, Italy or Spain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

A player like that would definitely be useful.

I expect us to make some quite high profile signings. When I see Zaniolo going to Villa, Sangare to Forest, Cunha to Wolves, Kluivert and Kerkez to Bournemouth... it makes me realise that the quality of the division has gone up massively, and was one reason why we went down - standing still whilst others added serious reinforcements. For that reason whilst we will sign players with resale value, I think for attacking positions they are likely to be more developed, so maybe players from France, Italy or Spain.

Mad to think that how the Gap between Top 6 and top half became really narrow, with the spending power they have it's really hard to compete,

Chelsea - Man United - Man City

Arsenal - Newcastle

Liverpool - Spurs

Aston villa - West Ham

Brighton.

All of those above will have a superior spending power and squad, I think it will take time to polish our squad & depth to push for a top half spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenTayfour said:

Mad to think that how the Gap between Top 6 and top half became really narrow, with the spending power they have it's really hard to compete,

Chelsea - Man United - Man City

Arsenal - Newcastle

Liverpool - Spurs

Aston villa - West Ham

Brighton.

All of those above will have a superior spending power and squad, I think it will take time to polish our squad & depth to push for a top half spot. 

I suspect that the idea was to rebuild extensively this season regardless, it was the start of a new cycle and many players were going to leave on free transfers. We have started that rebuild, but there's still money left in the kitty, plus assuming we go straight back up have that Premier League money again and a bit more wiggle room for wages. Everyone knocked Forest for signing 20+ players, but they stayed up and we didn't. Sure, Rodgers was a big issue, but far from the only one.

Burnley went up, then strengthened quite strongly, but still look like they are in a relegation scrap. That's why I think we will make one or two "marquee" signings, because frankly we will need to. Already, it looks like one of Leeds or Southampton might miss out on promotion, which shows you what a gamble it is to assume you will piss the Championship upon relegation. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alanf0x said:

Not heard of Maddison but heard of Musa?!

Before we signed him I had heard of Musa from Nigeria Internationals. Playing in a world cup is a bigger stage than the championship, im on about before we signed him.Maddison had played for Aberdeen and Norwich before he joined us, I haven't paid much attention to the championship during our premiership years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Jadon Sancho.

Seems unfairly treated at Man United. Fair few players have backed him too. I think there's a player in there still. Also young, great at 1v1s would fit our style and the way we play.

He’s on £300k a week!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 13:28, Ashley said:

Jadon Sancho.

Seems unfairly treated at Man United. Fair few players have backed him too. I think there's a player in there still. Also young, great at 1v1s would fit our style and the way we play.

Mate he's on £350k a week.

On 12/10/2023 at 13:28, Ashley said:

Jadon Sancho.

Attitude problems at Man City hence his move to Dortmund where he got fined for issues during covid and not turning up for training (got dropped). Now attitude problems at Manchester United. Even Southgate commented on his poor training with England. 

If he can't be motivated to fight for Manchester City, United and England, what makes you think he'd bust a gut here?

Would Maresca with his training regime want him do you think?

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. We've only just managed to get rid of one lazy bugger in Tielemans, we don't want anyone with a hint of such attitude infecting our young squad.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

On 03/10/2023 at 02:43, Fightforever said:

Contracts due to run out: Vardy, Iheanacho, Vestergaard, Praet, Ndidi, Albrighton

Players due to leave at the end of loan spell: Casadei and Doyle.

Other players who are looking to leave: Soumare, Daka, Souttar, Ward, Kristiansen and maybe KDH. 

Another good 8+ players should be leaving so looks like we will have another rebuild on our hands. 

Why KDH…he is the one man,we would want to stay ,encourage & sell our club on the pitch..

I would hope Casadei,would of proved,he would be one of the talents we could put hard money on the table for.

If he wants to stay at Chelsea, we can’t really change it..

With  Souttar,even Kristiansen let the season run it’s term,to see how often Souttar is involved,

and Kristiansens aptitude & will to still be part of the club….

Nothing ever among the football settling dust & through unknown swirling mists,

has been solved before or during such an hard successfull ,aspired campaign

Some even refuse to recognise,what we have,do and create from our present squad has no hard correlation to the issues,needs, of what the clubs “Promoted-position”  on rescources will be..

8 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Anyone think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that Tielemans returns? Not advocating. Not endorsing. Just speculating.  

...he wouldn't work in our setup!!!

Too easily pressed and caught in possession,  not the work-rate for a #8, struggles to get around the pitch and Maresca will see through him straight away.

Geertruida at feyenoord could be the perfect Rciardo alternative, that could also play the Faes role. He’ll only have a year left on his contract at the end of the season too. 

Someone like Andre at fluminese would be a great winks alternative but it looks like he’s onto bigger and better things. 

As mentioned above Arthur Theate would be a great signing as well, could play the Doyle or Vestergaard role. Rennes forked out £20m for him tho so would expect him to cost upwards of £30m which might price him out. 

Aboukhlal from Toulouse is still playing well, he could be a relatively cheap option for one of the wing positions. I wonder if this will be the year that Almada comes over to Europe - his stats are still unbelievable and he is so creative, I think he could do a job as one of the wingers on an 8 in our system, would need to work harder defensively tho.