Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

12 hours ago, MPH said:

Joel Matip is available on a free isnt he?

:ph34r:

He is but 32 and 10 games this season, 14 last, probably too expensive on the wages. 

9 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

Bernabe is surely a potential link. Worked under Maresca at both Man City and Parma, versatile midfielder with an eye for goal, coming off the back of a title winning season with Parma in Serie B.

This one seems a no brainer. 

• Like 2

Sassuolo have been relegated, maybe it's time we played the loan with option to buy game with the Italians.

Kristian Thorstvedt is probably the pick in midfield, although Volpato is highly rated who they got from Roma last summer.

Up front they paid a lot of money for Andrea Pinamonti and he's had a good season. Possibly question marks over his pace but he leads the line well.

Always rated Armand Lauriente, he's similar profile to Stephy Mavididi. Sadly Berardi has done his achilles and not back until well in to next season I don't think. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sassuolo have been relegated, maybe it's time we played the loan with option to buy game with the Italians.

Kristian Thorstvedt is probably the pick in midfield, although Volpato is highly rated who they got from Roma last summer.

Up front they paid a lot of money for Andrea Pinamonti and he's had a good season. Possibly question marks over his pace but he leads the line well.

Always rated Armand Lauriente, he's similar profile to Stephy Mavididi. Sadly Berardi has done his achilles and not back until well in to next season I don't think. 

With the pace we’ve got out wide, and then if we recruit a new attacking midfielders, a profile like Pinamonti would be ideal. We wouldn’t need a striker with bundles of pace, someone who can lead the line like you say would be more beneficial I think. Great shout.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Lauriente is very good

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd absolutely take a chance on revitalising Sessegnon's career. 

Agree with you mate just concerning all the injuries he’s has! 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd absolutely take a chance on revitalising Sessegnon's career. 

"Broken" Player. Rodgers' forte. 

It said he wants to play in the Premier League, it just neglected to mention it'll be the Scottish Premier League. 

Watch him be the next Scott Sinclair. 

Jordan James was reportedly the subject of serious interest from Serie A in January, with Atalanta and Fiorentina linked with Wales’ rising midfield star.

Since then, the likes of Crystal Palace and Leicester have also been touted as potential suitors for the 19-year-old, who has another year – plus an option for a further 12 months – on his Birmingham City contract.

• Like 1

I would take a chance on Sessegnon. 

Offers cover at LW, the possibility of going to a traditional LB and the option of playing the Ricardo role from the left hand side. 

I think if we went for this AND Brereton Diaz or Hlozek who would offer MORE depth for the LW as well as giving them the chance to claim the ST spot...

The latter we would likely get on loan with an option and the former, for free... If we need to go the budget route, they would be decent additions. 

I can't see Sessegnon coming here, just because I don't think he fits into our system. If he was to play, it would be as an out and out winger instead of full back, and he is left-footed, so would have to play on the right hand side.

Definitely got bags of potential and someone may still get the best out of him, but he wouldn't be suited to us right now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I can't see Sessegnon coming here, just because I don't think he fits into our system. If he was to play, it would be as an out and out winger instead of full back, and he is left-footed, so would have to play on the right hand side.

Definitely got bags of potential and someone may still get the best out of him, but he wouldn't be suited to us right now.

That was my initial reaction too but the more I thought on it, he would offer depth at RW/LW. He would give the option of playing traditional FBs and he even offers the option of playing the Ricardo role on the other side. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

That was my initial reaction too but the more I thought on it, he would offer depth at RW/LW. He would give the option of playing traditional FBs and he even offers the option of playing the Ricardo role on the other side. 

At both Fulham and Spurs he's been labelled as a pace-merchant, incredibly fast, explosive shot but not that good on the ball. So playing inverted full-back? I can't see it myself as I don't think he's got it in him. It's a really tricky role that requires players that are techincal and good at playing their way out of trouble. He's not strong enough or defensive minded enough to play as outside centre back, and not technical enough to play as an inverted full-back.

As an explosive winger, he does have something to offer. But I think he's more about winning the race than using trickery. In our system Enzo wanted players who against a deep block can engineer that half a yard to break open teams that park the bus, in that regard he's not so good. However, given in this division few teams if any will park the bus against us, having a player with explosive pace to offer a threat on the break with proven ability to finish is 100% something we'd be interested in. But that would still require him to play on the right hand side and cut in.

TL'DR he's got a lot to offer, but think he's way better suited for other teams. The lack of technical ability I don't see winning Enzo over.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Jordan James was reportedly the subject of serious interest from Serie A in January, with Atalanta and Fiorentina linked with Wales’ rising midfield star.

Since then, the likes of Crystal Palace and Leicester have also been touted as potential suitors for the 19-year-old, who has another year – plus an option for a further 12 months – on his Birmingham City contract.

Really want this one. I imagine it will, seems too easy and simple of a deal not to happen.

On 17/05/2024 at 23:58, OadbyBlue said:

Bernabe is surely a potential link. Worked under Maresca at both Man City and Parma, versatile midfielder with an eye for goal, coming off the back of a title winning season with Parma in Serie B.

Very good player, offers versatility to provide cover for winks but also play further up the pitch. Good set piece taker, which is something we need imo. Reminds me very much of a younger Sensei.

• Like 1