Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg anyone? 

I read somewhere he’s available in January and Juve are interested - Spurs favour a loan with option to buy apparently and they value him at €25 million.

Unlikely to come here but maybe there’s a Winks link.

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

Adrian Bernabe!!!

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Parma are 6 points clear of Serie B so I can’t imagine they’d be wanting to cash in on him in Jan

Think he can play any position through centre cant he from winks to kdh and in-between.. would make sense considering Enzo knows him well. Plus Italian clubs are pretty much all broke aren’t they? 

We need 3 don’t we - at least on loan - not sure how many more we are allowed but id say we need 3 starters - cm , right wing and centre forward with the 4 going Afcon- personally I don’t think casadei or cannon are good enough to start and not sure how much he fancies yunus right wing as he hasn’t really used him there and who knows how long vardy is out for - I’d be really concerned if we think we can get through with cas for Ndidi, yunus for fatawa and cannon for daka in the starting 11 for a month or so - the squad would look very very thin  - obviously need to be careful on the 3 we bring in if they are perm as have to be good enough for next year which might to hard to do in jan - 3 loans maybe - Enzo will know this and I’m sure we have plans 

6 hours ago, VictorFox said:

Would love someone like Jack Clarke or Morgan Whittaker, both would contribute goals and assists second half of the season and both have potential to play in the premier league 

We already have Mavididi and Fatawu. I would like someone to ease the burden on them but both would expect to be 1st choice.

• Like 4

If we go up , which I think we will , how many players do u think we need to strengthen the team . Think we need one class centre back , two or 3 class midfielders and I mean class , this is the area that got us relegated I believe. And we will need to clean out our centre forwards and bring at least two , so to complete next season we will need 5-6 new players , just my thoughts would like to get everyone’s views 

We're in the very luxurious position of being able to take some punts in this window. I think another number 8 (Gronbaek or Bernabe) has to be the priority, but we're in a position where we can take some punts on players like Fatawu and Cannon. We're going to get promoted bar an absolute tailspin in form. Lets get some players with high upside in and integrated. Gronbaek probably fits this category perfectly to be honest.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're in the very luxurious position of being able to take some punts in this window. I think another number 8 (Gronbaek or Bernabe) has to be the priority, but we're in a position where we can take some punts on players like Fatawu and Cannon. We're going to get promoted bar an absolute tailspin in form. Lets get some players with high upside in and integrated. Gronbaek probably fits this category perfectly to be honest.

This is fair and also I think we may attract one or two who otherwise wouldn’t even touch the Championship, purely because of our points ahead total. Some of the biggest and brightest names of the Championship in the last 10 years came up with promoted teams. I’d love us to buy the next one. 

• Like 1

If Doyle is now back, I'm wondering if we do in fact need that LB/LCB still. JJ is on good form, Doyle is coming back...

I still think we need to get a permanent signing in that position soon, but I guess it's not essential before the summer now? Always good to bed players in, but equally the team harmony seems so so good right now, and with JJ and Doyle there's the right amount of competition.

5 hours ago, CloudFox said:

If Doyle is now back, I'm wondering if we do in fact need that LB/LCB still. JJ is on good form, Doyle is coming back...

I still think we need to get a permanent signing in that position soon, but I guess it's not essential before the summer now? Always good to bed players in, but equally the team harmony seems so so good right now, and with JJ and Doyle there's the right amount of competition.

Going to need to shift young Luke and the Danish lad first, I think. 

We’re going to be losing another chunk of players this summer (assuming some don’t sign new contracts), so would be good to sign some of their replacements for the squad now. If we can move a few on, bring in some youngsters who can get 6m getting a used to Enzo ball it’ll take some pressure off in the summer.