Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Well I hope he can keep it up because by golly we will be needing him next season. 

He did well today. But let's not get carried away. Hes one of the last things we need if we go up next season. Gives the ball away far too much.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Well I hope he can keep it up because by golly we will be needing him next season. 

Yeah let's not get too over the top!!

3 minutes ago, adam said:

He did well today. But let's not get carried away. Hes one of the last things we need if we go up next season. Gives the ball away far too much.

He was still dreadful on the ball today, excellent defence though

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, adam said:

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Yeah let's not get too over the top!!

You’re both missing the point but never mind. Probably going to be selling everyone of note so Hamza needs to step up and at least today he showed he does have it in him, occasionally. 

The goalline clearances were brilliant. No one can deny that. But a number of his tackles were needed as a recovery tool after he had been caught on the wrong side in a 50-50 through poor positioning or had given the ball away.

I feel bad for pointing this out though because we would not have won the game without him, and I wish his energy would rub off on some of the others in the team - Ndidi being a prime example.

• Like 1

Just now, Hammo said:

The goalline clearances were brilliant. No one can deny that. But a number of his tackles were needed as a recovery tool after he had been caught on the wrong side in a 50-50 through poor positioning or had given the ball away.

I feel bad for pointing this out though because we would not have won the game without him, and I wish his energy would rub off on some of the others in the team - Ndidi being a prime example.

Agree completely , minus those admittedly huge interventions , and 3 or 4 really crucial tackles , he was a bit of a liability 

Just now, Lcfc-1992 said:

Think he’d be good next to Winks in a 4231

At championship level, he's a real asset, a real bonus of a.midfielder to break up play, cover attacking full backs and make lung busting recovery runs, Kyle walker style, to bail us out 

• Like 1

One of the most hot and cold players I've ever seen, yet has games like today where if you get him to play to his strengths and not take too much on then he could be a very big player for us, let him be a midfield destroyer and recycle the ball as quick as he can, don't over complicate things by asking him to spray balls about because it's a weakness of his 

• Like 1

The irony is though he’s undoubtedly MOTM today he’ll be replaced by Ricardo on Tuesday as the inverted wing back. Maybe instead he could rotate with Ndidi in the non creative destroyer high positioned number 8 role that Enzo appears to like? Wilf looks absolutely knackered tbf. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The irony is though he’s undoubtedly MOTM today he’ll be replaced by Ricardo on Tuesday as the inverted wing back. Maybe instead he could rotate with Ndidi in the non creative destroyer high positioned number 8 role that Enzo appears to like? Wilf looks absolutely knackered tbf. 

Good shout. Think we’ll need to be very aggressive in the middle of the park to win the ball from Southampton. They’ll want most of the possession. Wilf at one point was the best at this but like you say he looks knackered. But one thing you know you won’t get from Enzo is pragmatic change. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

At championship level, he's a real asset, a real bonus of a.midfielder to break up play, cover attacking full backs and make lung busting recovery runs, Kyle walker style, to bail us out 

Was tops in tackles and interceptions for Watford last season wasn’t he? Championship Kante

• Like 2

Just now, Lcfc-1992 said:

Was tops in tackles and interceptions for Watford last season wasn’t he? Championship Kante

He was, he has his detractors/ limitations but he has a certain skill set that’s set him above a lot of players in that area. Sometimes you need a Hamza in your squad. When it boils down to it, a local lad but his body on the line today and we don’t have anyone else who’d have done that. I don’t like him on that right side but him and Vardy made the difference today. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Thanks to this insane crazy system. He's being asked to play two positions ffs, it's inevitable he'll get caught. As does Ricardo fwiw 

Fair comment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

This thread is f***ing miserable. Even half of the positive comments have to have some dig added on. 

There isn’t a player at our club who hasn’t played a game with a few mistakes over the last few years. Hamza  busted his ass all over the pitch and came through when it mattered the most today.

MOTM by a country mile. 

100% Pathetic bunch of fans 

• Like 4

Saw Coady running into that right space when he went forward, with wingers pulling back. 

Really good stuff but I do wonder why put him at RB if half his job is move forward. Either leave him in the midfield or tell him to stay back.

I remained to be convinced by wingbacks running inside midfield. 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

What he lacks technically, he made up with heart and desire today. 

This is it. He did give the ball away and stitched up by Johnston a couple of times, but you cannot fault his effort today. 

Any mistakes are excused by his heroic blocks and clearances. 

• Like 1

I detest seeing players scapegoated on the forum.   So it was fantastic to see Hamza being immense today.

I think Hamza likes to see the game in front of him.   Making goal-line clearances, he has the game in front of him!   

He can't play on our goal line but rb, not inverted, could be his best position.    I don't think he has anywhere near a 360 view either in or out of possession.  

• Like 1