Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

7 minutes ago, JimJams said:

He wouldn't be dropped, he'd be rotated. Don't really get why his performance today necessitates him starting in the week. If he's considered the best option, start him. If not, start whoever is. So if we want an RB and Ricardo is ok to play, then I'd prefer Pereirra. If it's CB, then Vesty and Coady (Nelson can't get back quick soon enough!).

Riccy is still better at the role. Hamza very likely won't put the same performance in on Tuesday.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He's started Vardy plenty but he's 37, two games a week means he won't start nearly as many games. Hamza has started a lot of our games in the past 3 months and not always played as well as he did today. Coady is a mystery but TBF until New Year it was difficult to be dropping Faes or Vesty on form. Faes is playing like a guy who's mind is elsewhere.

Yes understand you have to manage Vardy but there’s games he should have started and then sub him off on 60. Hamza has only started 6 games out the last 17! 

Edited by dannythefox

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hamza is good fit for end season as he is necessarily combative 

He has had several commendable performances in the past when bought in as a stand in central defender or defensive midfielder. Given that he is rarely a starter he does a very good job on the whole. He is probably just not quite at the level to oust one of the regular starters which is a bit chicken and egg really. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Absolutely heroic display, almost good enough to get me off the Israel/Palestine fence and embrace drink driving, that’s how good he was.

Shame it's too late for having a COVID party but you could also have a stab at some racist tweets?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Riccy is still better at the role. Hamza very likely won't put the same performance in on Tuesday.

Yes he is, we also get Fatawu in an more advanced position as well when Riccy plays, Hamza rarely drops back to the right back position leaving that to Fatawu to do that job as Hamza drops to CB 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Would you be surprised if a striker scored a hat trick and got positive post match comments? Because goal line clearances like that are equal to a goal at the other end so he effectively scored a hat trick for us!

But your surprised people are being positive? Strange comment that!

To be fair, the two in the space of 5 seconds would never result in more than one goal. 

Also how this reflects on the ridiculous xG stats shows how flawed the stat is (completely unrelated to what you said @LCFCJohn)

What a performance though! 

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

You cant deny he doesn’t care or put in the effort… fantastic performance

He won us the game and has put us on the brink of promotion, 3 stunning goal line clearances, he’s not young BUT he’s still improving

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

To be fair, the two in the space of 5 seconds would never result in more than one goal. 

Also how this reflects on the ridiculous xG stats shows how flawed the stat is (completely unrelated to what you said @LCFCJohn)

What a performance though! 

This is true. I often think this with other examples when they are side i.e if a striker misses two sitters in the same move or two quality saves in the same move by a goalkeeper. I suppose it is the same for other stats I.e 2 shots on target but if the first goes in the second won’t happen. But yes, in terms of context, call it equivalent to a brace at the other end.

A case of people not appreciating that games can be won at the other end of the pitch still though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm surprised by all the positive reactions to his performance. Clearances aside, I thought he was really poor.. but the win was all that mattered today.

Any game that Hamza or Wilf don’t get sent off, is a good performance.

7 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm surprised by all the positive reactions to his performance. Clearances aside, I thought he was really poor.. but the win was all that mattered today.

I think his game highlight reel proves otherwise. 

I'm not his biggest fan but it feels churlish to deny he wasn't exceptional yesterday 

• Like 2

Having slept on it, I just can't get my head around the logic of playing him RB but saying "run into centre mid please, Coady will cover for you".

He can do a very handy job, defensively, wherever you put him but don't tell him to be here there and everywhere. He's not Kante. 

11 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He plays the dirty side of the game well. Its when you might need him to be technically good you start to see some holes.

Delighted for him today - was MOM for me.

Spot on, we need a player or two with a bit of mongrel in them, it gets the fans going, winds up the opposition & sets the tone.

He was superb yesterday. His passing at times lets him down but nobody's perfect. 

Edited by STEVIE B