Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Trai Hume - Sunderland

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Right Centre Back you would imagine? Wout Faes back up ;)

The report I read suggested that the reason for signing him was the concern about Ricardo's injury record and his fitness for matches, implying that he's been unavailable for a few this season.  I didn't think he'd missed many this season so that argument surprised me, but there is his age to factor in too.

• 5 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, CH1_Fox said:

Been told today this is likely to happen in January. Player has offers from us and Leeds 

That would be surprising, we don't particularly need another full back even if he can play the inverted full back role. We've Ricardo and Hamza who will do that more than sufficiently. 

I could see us looking for an addition in the summer but I'd anticipate someone of a higher profile than Trai Hume. 

• Like 1

Quick Twitter (X) search and their fans seem to really rate him. 

Many are surprised no PL club has come in for him and say he’s a solid 8/10 every game, and wins like 99% of his challenges..

Could be a very shrewd pickup this.

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still got several years left on his contract, if this is happening then it's going to be what £7-8m minimum? Be surprised if its less given how highly rated he is by them.

I have thought so they also have to give Linfield 1m from what I've read.

Over a 5 years contract that's only 1.4m against the books from a FFP prospective. 

I'd imagine his not going to cost to much wages wise.

I think we have gambles on a few players we can develop.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Was making "Team of the Season (so far)" through whoscored ratings not long back if memory serves, but I have no idea what sort of player he is. Would anyone more iknowledgeable be able to answer whether or not he'd be quality in the league above?

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

Has inverted into midfield from both sides of full back quite regularly for Sunderland this season whenever I’ve watched them - So another option with Ricardo.

One thing that might have brought this sale forward is that he fits a Mowbray system much more than their new managers one. Perhaps new manager wants to use the money to sign out and out wing backs.

• Like 1