Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wanya Marcal signs new contract until 2026

Tbh apart from his goal I wasn't that impressed with him when he played at the beginning of the season.

Maybe he was lacking in a bit of confidence? He may have more natural ability than McAteer, but he didn't make good decisions and didn't seem mentally strong.

I'm glad they've played hardball on his contract. There was very little evidence from his performances to suggest he was worth that much?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Still think he's better than McAteer but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

I just don't think Kasey is a winger, he isn't great in 1-on-1 situations.

But his runs, physicality, defensive work rate all suit to an attacking 8, or even potentially a 9. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not remotely impressed by him but maybe I'm just missing something.

I mean we have only seen him play for the first team for around 3 full matches and that was all in August in a team where it was all new and a lot of players were rusty / getting used to everything

If he does play again I hope you at least give him a chance

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I just don't think Kasey is a winger, he isn't great in 1-on-1 situations.

But his runs, physicality, defensive work rate all suit to an attacking 8, or even potentially a 9. 

agree, definitely think Kasey is  eventually an 8 in our system, not a winger offensively. might have made a wing back, if we used this system

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I mean we have only seen him play for the first team for around 3 full matches and that was all in August in a team where it was all new and a lot of players were rusty / getting used to everything

If he does play again I hope you at least give him a chance

Oh, I'll give him a chance and hope he proves me wrong, just not holding my breath too much at this point. 

I watched him when we got spanked 7-1 by Wigan in the efl trophy and he was by far the best player on the pitch despite us getting hammered. Shame he didn't have any decent players around him as he caused Wigan all sorts of problems and even my mates who were all Wigan fans all commented on how good he looked. Very skilful and isn't afraid to run at defenders but is probably just a bit raw at the moment and could benefit from a loan to get more game time as he already has a few players ahead of him at the moment when everyone is fit. 

27 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If the friendly against Northampton is anything to go by, he massively needs to improve his first touch.

He traps a ball further than I can kick it.

There's a reason why he hasn't played.

But I guess there's a reason we've given him a new contract.

firstly you can’t judge someone on 1 pre-season game… but if we want to use it as a measurement… let’s use it to see how much he improved after being involved  for a few weeks.

@SecretPro probably one for you to watch as well. Because he wasn’t doing anything close to this for the under 23s before but with a tiny bit of enzo coaching and the confidence … look at what he can suddenly pull off. 

The talent is absolutely there… let’s just hope he applies himself in the right way 

https://x.com/lcfcshitposting/status/1735424764628312299?s=46&t=H7AM719H02E3Z1cWferAgA

• Like 4

He will benefit from a spell on loan if he isnt going to get much of an opportunity over the next coming weeks.

Extending his deal at least protects his value if we decide to sell maybe in the Summer.

If promoted, I can see we will bring in a lot of players and he may struggle to feature with us.

Edited by JimmyC74

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

He will benefit from a spell on loan if he isnt going to get much of an opportunity over the next coming weeks.

Extending his deal at least protects his value if we decide to sell maybe in the Summer.

If promoted, I can see we will bring in a lot of players and he may struggle to get much of an opportunity.

Which is why you hope he take this immediate opportunity and gives it his best shot. We have FA Cup games, players out to AFCON and have had a few injury niggles of late. This is the time to impress and prove yourself as there will be opportunities. Seems to be a lot of criticism of him from his early games which i don't quite get, as he was getting used to the system as much as anyone. I thought at times he looked a real handful and i do think think there is a player there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Which is why you hope he take this immediate opportunity and gives it his best shot. We have FA Cup games, players out to AFCON and have had a few injury niggles of late. This is the time to impress and prove yourself as there will be opportunities. Seems to be a lot of criticism of him from his early games which i don't quite get, as he was getting used to the system as much as anyone. I thought at times he looked a real handful and i do think think there is a player there.

Agree he has some potential. As you say, if he gets the chance it’s up to him to step up.

key period for him, perform and try and nail down a place or he likely moves on

• 2 weeks later...