Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wanya Marcal signs new contract until 2026

• 1 month later...
Just now, HarryDee8 said:

Thought he had a good game tonight.

Confidence seems to be growing with game time

Going forwards thought he was as good as Kasey

Great at running with the ball, needs to be less selfish at times I find. 

• Like 1

He feels a bit like Dewsbury hall to me, he's already 21 and he's not starting for us or even playing regularly when we're in the championship but I think he does have PL potential. 

I think he follows a similar route where he goes on loan, does well, then come back to push for a starting spot.

Thought he got better and better as the game went on, he showed some lovely tricks and ability to run with the ball, just seemed to lack the end product and decision making was lacking but that is what you get with young players, overall I thought that was his best game for us so far. Promising signs 

• Like 1

He was good last night, especially in the 2nd half. If you’re gonna be super harsh you can say that in the first half whenever he recieved the ball he would take a touch then go safe and pass backwards. Whereas in the 2nd he was a lot more direct and gave them plenty of problems. 

• Like 1

As many are saying Kasey’s not a winger. Wanya is. Hence why he looked more comfortable out there last night.

Although there were many times he was facing their goal, turned back and lost the ball. Needs to cut that out his game. But an exciting player.

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

He was good last night, especially in the 2nd half. If you’re gonna be super harsh you can say that in the first half whenever he recieved the ball he would take a touch then go safe and pass backwards. Whereas in the 2nd he was a lot more direct and gave them plenty of problems. 

Which seems to be an issue with a lot of our wingers at times.

I’m not knocking Enzo but the difference when our wingers take players on or play it safe seems to set the tone for our entire set up.

There's something about Wanya.

I think it's his body shape, his touch, and the way he looks up when he's on the ball. There are some things about his game that are good enough already. He just needs to put it all together.

I thought he improved as the game went on yesterday and if he can get some more minutes under his belt, he could develop into a really handy player for us.

For me, there's something of the Harvey Barnes about him. Not in terms of his style of play, but more that you know there's a player of real quality in there, he just needs to incorporate that missing something and he'll start to fly. Barnes gave me that same impression when he was coming through.

Perhaps a loan at a decent Championship club that will play him will be good for him next season, then we'll see him flourish for us the season after.

Took him a while to get to pace of game and look on it, once he did second half he was a real threat and definitely grew in confidence. Would like him off the bench as a ball carrier when we are leading, win us throws and free kicks high up the pitch. 

also from what I’ve seen he looks better on the left than the right. 

Edited by Lesta2014
  • Like 2