Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Luke Thomas

If Enzo can turn around Choudhury's Leicester career, he can do so with Thomas.

I'm not saying Thomas is a better player than Choudhury as Hamza was very highly rated in his youth, but Enzo has managed to coach players into different roles in an unfamiliar system while storming the league.

Thomas could be another of those stories if he's up for it. If he's adamant he's an out-and-out left-back, then he'll be gone again just like Kristiansen (or if Enzo thinks it can't be done, of course).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Contract up in the summer but we'd get a fee at tribunal if we offered him a new deal on similar terms. I think a few million + sell on is the correct move if offered.

I don't get the vitriol on Luke Thomas at all. He's an academy graduate, a Leicester fan and was instrumental in our FA Cup win. There were one or two other exceptional performances too, but he's stagnated here and doesn't fit the system.

I wish him all the best. 

If you think it's been vitriolic on here, you should read the Sheff U fans' opinions on him.

I actually think he gets way more leeway from our fans being an academy graduate.

Despite the 'weird' post above, most of us are desperate to see our youth come through and go on to be top players - It's one of the most satisfying things in football as a fan!

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

With question marks over his attitude and looking fairly limited talent wise I'd be inclined to let him move on. Will always remember that goal against United though 

What are the issues regarding his attitude, bar some dodgy performances?  

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

If you think it's been vitriolic on here, you should read the Sheff U fans' opinions on him.

I actually think he gets way more leeway from our fans being an academy graduate.

Despite the 'weird' post above, most of us are desperate to see our youth come through and go on to be top players - It's one of the most satisfying things in football as a fan!

Mine?

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

That may be true for you (and the majority) but there are a loud minority who are incredibly harsh on any and all of our academy graduates - Barnes, Hamza, KDH all got pelters last year/over the last few years and most were undeserved. 

Just now, westernpark said:

What are the issues regarding his attitude, bar some dodgy performances?  

Heard he's a bit of billy big bollocks from a couple of people who have met him on nights out. Speculation of course but I just don't think he has the talent to back up that sort of attitude. Obviously he's a young lad and we were all a bit cocky once upon a time

If he digs his heels in and says he wants to fight his way into Maresca's side then I wouldn't be adverse to him staying 

• Thanks 1

He’s got his strengths, but I don’t think he suits the style of play we’re looking for. He is limited in his game, and I think his limitations would be exposed in this system. 

He’s good enough to work in a more traditional set up, no malice towards him, he’s a nice kid, but I think he would be best moving away to benefit his career. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

That may be true for you (and the majority) but there are a loud minority who are incredibly harsh on any and all of our academy graduates - Barnes, Hamza, KDH all got pelters last year/over the last few years and most were undeserved. 

I think the 'loud minority' are incredibly harsh on all our players after a few bad games aren't they?

Wouldn't have thought there was extra reserved for academy graduates.

The ones you mentioned didn't get it any worse than say Soumare, Perez, Tielemans or even Maddison at times last year? Nobody got it worse than big Danny Ward! lol

Just now, James_lcfc said:

I think the 'loud minority' are incredibly harsh on all our players after a few bad games aren't they?

The ones you mentioned didn't get it any worse than say Soumare, Perez, Tielemans or even Maddison at times last year? Nobody got it worse than big Danny Ward! lol

That's a fair enough point, and the Maddison point is definitely true. I do think most of the players you've named are shit though (not Tielemans but he was unfit).

I see it a bit differently; I've always thought academy graduates get a particularly tough ride from some posters. But maybe that's me seeing something that's not there.

Just one of those players that you want to do well but just didn't work out. not a terrible player by any stretch but as mentioned already by several, just wont fit into Maresca's system not now or in the future so happy to let him move on and find himself a new club. Anywhere between £3 and £5 million would be tremendous business. 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Contract up in the summer but we'd get a fee at tribunal if we offered him a new deal on similar terms. I think a few million + sell on is the correct move if offered.

I don't get the vitriol on Luke Thomas at all. He's an academy graduate, a Leicester fan and was instrumental in our FA Cup win. There were one or two other exceptional performances too, but he's stagnated here and doesn't fit the system.

I wish him all the best. 

Assist in an FA Cup final, pocketed Salah to help end their title run, and a worldie at Old Trafford during lockdown. Thanks Luke!

• Like 4

Not good enough for LCB, can't play as a 8 or winger. Unfortunately, his attributes doesn't fit the Enzo way. He'll do okay if coached correctly, but I'm afraid he isn't a player that we need, nor will get game time. 

Time for him to move on for his sake as well. It was a very bad call to go to Sheffield United as they were always going to struggle. He needed to go to a team where he can play and get his confidence up. 

Felt like the proverbial straw was his performance against Rovers in the FA Cup last season. One of the single worst performances I've ever seen from an individual at the KP.

Shame, but for a long time now he's needed a move away, as it just hasn't worked out. It happens, good luck to him. 

Edited by RoboFox

25 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

But a lot of those players come in as established players so you would expect to hit the ground running as it were.

With the academy players, they are often coming in unestablished and a lot younger so the comments about them seem very harsh. I’d say younger players need to be given more time although that doesn’t just refer to academy graduates and you could include the likes of Cannon and Fatawu in that.

Take Fatawu and McAteer. Fatawu has been tearing it up recently and is clearly easy on the eye with his exciting style and it providing a lot of assists albeit the goals aren’t flowing yet. But I remember him starting the season quite slowly but was never judged quickly whereas before his injuries, McAteer was putting up good numbers and playing well but some are desperate to sell him as he ‘won’t make the grade’.

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bmt said:

That's a fair enough point, and the Maddison point is definitely true. I do think most of the players you've named are shit though (not Tielemans but he was unfit).

I see it a bit differently; I've always thought academy graduates get a particularly tough ride from some posters. But maybe that's me seeing something that's not there.

That's fair enough - I could also just be blind to it!

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

But a lot of those players come in as established players so you would expect to hit the ground running as it were.

With the academy players, they are often coming in unestablished and a lot younger so there comments about them seem very harsh. I’d say younger players need to be given more time although that doesn’t just refer to academy graduates and you could include the likes of Cannon and Fatawu in that.

Take Fatawu and McAteer. Fatawu has been tearing it up recently and it clearly easy on the eye with his exciting style and it providing a lot of assists albeit the goals aren’t flowing yet. But I remember him starting the season quite slowly but was never judged quickly whereas before his injuries, McAteer was putting up good numbers and playing well but some are desperate to sell him as he ‘won’t make the grade’.

Yep - Fair point.

26 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Assist in an FA Cup final, pocketed Salah to help end their title run, and a worldie at Old Trafford during lockdown. Thanks Luke!

Against Salah  it was Dec 28, 2021 LCFC (1) v Liverpool (0) he rated 8 on foxes talk.

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Also, do not underestimate the Rodgers effect. We have seen players such as Ndidi and Vestergard look great this season and Daka has looked much better. There is a theme and that theme is Rodgers. 

I agree that Maresca is a significant upgrade on late-stage Rodgers, and all of our players are much more confident and assured this season.

But there is another significant variable here beyond management: the Championship is simply a much, much lower standard than the Premier League.

Under Enzo I think Ndidi would be fine stepping back up to the Prem - less confident with Vestegaard or Daka.

As for Luke Thomas - can't see him still being here at the end of the transfer window, best of luck to him wherever he goes 👍 

11 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I agree that Maresca is a significant upgrade on late-stage Rodgers, and all of our players are much more confident and assured this season.

But there is another significant variable here beyond management: the Championship is simply a much, much lower standard than the Premier League.

Under Enzo I think Ndidi would be fine stepping back up to the Prem - less confident with Vestegaard or Daka.

As for Luke Thomas - can't see him still being here at the end of the transfer window, best of luck to him wherever he goes 👍 

You’re correct about the league factor definitely. I did almost make reference to it but I do think whilst both are a factor, it is a lot more down to management here.

I tend to agree re Vestergard. It strange given how good he has been this season but it’ll be interesting to see. With Daka, I honestly still think he has a lot more to give. Maybe it’s his previous record or that he still has age on his side but I really do. 

I agree about Thomas because of style. He does seem more a natural full back. He’d be better if he could get a move to a Championship club who play in a way that uses traditional full backs. Sheff Utd was a terrible move for him to get his career back on track. 

• Like 1

He’s got something about him - the FA Cup win, goal at Old Trafford and pocketing Salah shows he’s capable. I think he suffered more than most as Rodgers destroyed the confidence of the squad in the final season or two.  

Wish him all the best.