Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Sven Sad News released on Talksport

Loved his time at the club even though it ended pretty disastrously. 

I got my season ticket with us heading back the wrong way with clueless Sousa and half way through the season with the new owners and Sven it started off pretty much everything that followed with the unbelievable highs and lows. 

He's a class act as a person despite all the shit the British media gave him. Was gutted it didn't work out for him here. Some of them displays under him were unbelievable to watch after some of the absolute dross we'd been served up before Pearson.

Very sad news.

I have nothing but fond memories of his time as a Fox.

If he's half as nice as the person he appears to be then the world will be a sadder place without him in it. Hope his remaining time is peaceful.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Royston. said:

:cry:

This feels worse knowing he has a terminal illness than say, if he just randomly went aged 76.

I was thinking the same.  Its so sad.  I remember wilco Johnson saying he had terminal cancel and was given around a year to live, but lived for around 9 more years.

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

It would be nice to invite him back to the KP as a guest. 

Even that would sound a great idea in theory, can imagine him and his family wanting to try and stay local in doing things together without the stress that travel can bring - given his deteriorating health.

-

I noticed that Sweden have got a home friendly tomorrow; can certainly imagine the fans chanting his name etc.

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There are no miracles where pancreatic cancer is involved 

A life well lived for sure and I hope he can be strong long enough to do what he wants to before he passes. 

No treatment for this ?

1 hour ago, Mendi said:

No treatment for this ?

No..once they diagnose un-operable,your on a stop-watch.

like me (kidneys & Lymphen), they put you on Immune or Chemo therapie,though chemo for this become unanstainable.

So Immune-Therapie….

Best hope if you can stay with and follow life,not curable,but therapie sort of suspend & stable or hold it in check.

I have to fight pain,because of other complications and if metasten move or expand near nerves or pressure organs.

By me the doctor..told me a bit of a phenomen,that it’s reasonable stable,and we didn’t expect 2022  Xmas..

Though now pushing me down…That is what Sven hinted that it depends on Immune therapie seeing if it can for a short while

stablise hold the growth….

Quality of life is paramount,and he is fit,so he could enjoy 2-5 years……

Big C is shit,and to those on FT who have to wear that,no matter where….

All the best,fight the good fight,and hope that chink of light,

can shine long enough to still enjoy loved ones and present them with memories…

Sven Eriksson  he cast his shadow  over our LCFC coupe and our England team,

he will leave memories that many were happy to experience and share…

Omfamna dessa sista steg, som du gjorde Dina forsta…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mendi said:

No treatment for this ?

Pancreatic cancer is usually inoperable because by the time it’s diagnosed it’s too late. One of those cancers that’s also very difficult to treat because the pancreas is deep within the body and surrounded by organs that you don’t want to damage whilst trying to get at it.  In addition, because it’s usually diagnosed late, it has spread to those surrounding organs.  

People can go from seeming to be fit as a fiddle and then gone within six months. 

All cancers are grim but this one is very grim indeed. 

• Sad 1

Such a great fellow. such a shame to hear this bad news but I hopes he has longer than expected and lives life where possible to the full up to the day of reckoning. Definitely true that we wouldn't have won the Prem. without his signings of Nugent, Schmeichel and Konchesky.....Pearson spell two then Ranieri did the rest to ensure the miracle!   

• 3 months later...