Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Sven Sad News released on Talksport

thoughts to him today.

gave us some good times and raised the profile of the club. as mentioned, brought in nuge and kasper and for that the last 10 years were the starting foundations.

England career he should've got further than a world cup but the media bollocks never helped him did it. 06 we had the best squad of players in the world but The S*n seemed obsessed in derailing us.

peace and love. peace and love

17 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

England career he should've got further than a world cup but the media bollocks never helped him did it. 06 we had the best squad of players in the world but The S*n seemed obsessed in derailing us.

We also played some really good teams, much stronger opposition than the England team faces nowadays.

France had Zidane, Portugal had Figo, Brazil had Ronaldo.

I can remember hearing in disbelief that we, little ole' Leicester City, were rumoured to be signing such a high profile marque manager as him.

Wouldn't believe it. Then it was announced. I thought we were going places and would be massive.

Whatever happened, I enjoyed those days and think he put us on the map in a lot of ways.

Wish him the best for whatever time he has left and thoughts are with him and his family.

• Like 1

We played some great football under Sven when it all clicked. I'll always fondly remember the first half against Derby at Pride Park, with Yakubu's close control and volley and Kingy's calm finish after a Barcelona-esque passage of play. I've still got that game downloaded to my PC.

Also, thoughts with @blueredswed.

• Like 3

I enjoyed his time here. We played some sexy football - the King goal at Derby stands out. Seems like a true gent as well and is a legend of the game. 

Illnesses and deaths of well-known people always hit harder when those people played a role in your formative years. 

Thoughts with him and his family.

Did some good things with us but above all a decent bloke who loved the game. He was at the helm when England ended many years of hurt by tonking Germany 5-1 which remains one of my favourite memories of the national team. Sorry to hear this news. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yeah just seen it on bbc. Really sad news. Wouldn’t call him a Leicester legend but it was a weird and crazy time while he was manager and while he did spend a lot on rubbish, he did sign Schmeichel, Nugent and to a lesser extent Konchesky who ended up being worth many times more to us than his total transfer outlay combined. 

He helped us to win our Premier League title I’d class him a Legend !

Fook cancer!

Though it’s sad news for Sven and his family, there is no way he’s a Lesta Legend.

He spent a lot of money and personally achieved nothing at the club.

I see that Union FS are asking for funds to create a big banner for him. It makes little sense to me why they would do this tbh. 
What Sven did do was to make some key signings. Eg Kasper and Nugent

But he also wasted a lot of money on rubbish 

• Like 1

Probably not the time to debate his legacy, but not a Leicester legend. 

Liked him and loved his amiable and friendly approach. He also gave hope to blokes everywhere by shagging numerous attractive, younger, women.

Wish him and his family nothing but the best 

I don't think any player has ever said a bad word about him ever other than he's a nice guy. Perhaps far from the greatest manager, but certainly got the players respect. 

Interesting many Man City fans preferred him to Mark Hughes

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yeah just seen it on bbc. Really sad news. Wouldn’t call him a Leicester legend but it was a weird and crazy time while he was manager and while he did spend a lot on rubbish, he did sign Schmeichel, Nugent and to a lesser extent Konchesky who ended up being worth many times more to us than his total transfer outlay combined. 

Also remember King and Yakubu shining under him, as well as Bamba being an - exciting - centerhalf 😅

• Haha 1

Certainly wasn't a mistake him coming to Leicester. He immediately raised our media profile and signed Kasper in particular who might never have signed without Sven.

Honourable he's approaching it head on. Hope he can eek his best out of what's left. A great character.

• Like 2

I liked Svengali. Was a refreshing change to the norm of a hot blooded screamin and spitting & yelling type of coach (fergie). The ice cold Swede proved you can be successful just being a nice guy. Regardless of how well he did with us he will always be a foxes manager and I remember some good times with him. Hope he can get some treatment to delay the onset of his cancer. Even the calm nature with how he’s accepted his fate and shared it with the world is so Sven. God bless him. 🙏🏽

It’s whack that people are even feeling the need to put their 2ps worth in of whether he’s a legend or not. Irrelevant, Sad news takes priority.

Hope he gets all the help he needs, lovely bloke and was amazing to say he managed the football club at the time. 

• Like 4