Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

Is there a single person who didn’t expect him to jump to an Italian club the moment he had the chance? 

People over hype everything, but if there’s any truth to him wanting to leave because he didn’t get a player, then good riddance, we’re not Man City, things like this happen at normal football clubs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make no mistake, I can only imagine the frustration Enzo is feeling in regards to the piss poor communication from his Director of Football as to the financial position and how that would constrain our January recruitment, but then on top of that he is now having to listen to the sarcastic jeers and moans from a minority of the supporters, yes whilst his reaction might be seen to be a little emotional, we only see a fraction of what goes on behind the scenes. 

Enzo seems to have the players backs and appears to be very popular with the squad, which suggests a very strong respect and buy in  for his methods and how he is improving the players and squad overall. I imagine much of his frustration towards fans reactions is a protection of his players, who are busting a gut to get us back up, are 10 points clear and in the 5th round of the FA Cup and yet the players aren’t really getting the recognition, as there is audible discontent and by the end of the game they are getting clapped off by a half empty stadium. I imagine the players and manager love away games where there is a real togetherness. 

The fans need to think long and hard, who are we better off retaining Enzo or Rudkin, I know where my support sits and I think it’s important the players and manager feel the love and appreciation of what could be a momentous season, if you have frustrations vent them at the whopper who continues to steal a living as our Director of Football. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Onions said:

Is there a single person who didn’t expect him to jump to an Italian club the moment he had the chance? 

People over hype everything, but if there’s any truth to him wanting to leave because he didn’t get a player, then good riddance, we’re not Man City, things like this happen at normal football clubs. 

As someone with ambition, I'm sure he'd take an opportunity to move to a club that has better spending power (wages as well as transfer payments) than ours currently has. But I'm not so sure that would be an Italian club. We've seen in our own transfer dealings how tight Italian clubs can be, and I'm sure Enzo is equally aware of this. 

35 minutes ago, Onions said:

well not really on that, Italian clubs are what they used to be, big club names etc, but in terms of money they arent there no more

i certainly couldnt see Enzo leaving us to go to someone like Empoli 

i can imagine his frustration tho in not getting another midfielder, but he could find a gem from the youth teams to fill in, 

11 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Different interpretations.

I cannot remember all of these games specifically, but I would call ipswich 50/50 we had first half, they had second, I thought the views of many Leicester fans in the ipswich thread were very rose tinted, I think with bias to own club.  The second half in that game is one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen us play.

Didnt watch swansea due to lack of feed available. Friend who attended said we were poor.

Birmingham was a slight edge, we were just very clinical in that game with a great counter.

Huddersfield, poor first half where we tried to make it a training session, but decent second half.

Millwall tight game.  Had to adjust second half.

Cardiff, I agree on, they were very passive, also Rotherham of course the worst team in the league right now.

Lets see how good we are on 16 march.

If this wasn't intended as comedic hyperbole then I'm wondering when you must have started watching Leicester. 

Maybe around September 2023 or something? 

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If this wasn't intended as comedic hyperbole then I'm wondering when you must have started watching Leicester. 

Maybe around September 2023 or something? 

Sorry that I dont enjoy the team doing triangles between defenders for an entire half of football instead of trying to score.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Sorry that I dont enjoy the team doing triangles between defenders for an entire half of football instead of trying to score.

You didn't say that? You said "The second half in that [Ipswich] game is one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen us play"

If that's you opinion, then fine, that's your opinion. I'm just saying if it truly is, then you either 1) have not seen many Leicester games or 2) have a very different way of watching to most fans

Blimey you must have been on suicide watch for the last 2 years under Rodgers...

• Like 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

You didn't say that? You said "The second half in that [Ipswich] game is one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen us play"

If that's you opinion, then fine, that's your opinion. I'm just saying if it truly is, then you either 1) have not seen many Leicester games or 2) have a very different way of watching to most fans

Blimey you must have been on suicide watch for the last 2 years under Rodgers...

There is many bad halves I seen under Rodgers, as well as other managers, does that mean I cant see a bad half of football this season?  It is what it is, my opinion, dont get so defensive over the performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

So who appointed Enzo in the first place? 

Someone that was a left field choice to begin with?

There were rumours at the time that Rudkin had lined up Scott Parker but Top overruled him at the last minute and picked Maresca after somebody strongly recommended him. I’ve no idea if this is true, but in the footage of Maresca’s first visit to Seagrave it does look like he and Rudkin had just met for the first time…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There were rumours at the time that Rudkin had lined up Scott Parker but Top overruled him at the last minute and picked Maresca after somebody strongly recommended him. I’ve no idea if this is true, but in the footage of Maresca’s first visit to Seagrave it does look like he and Rudkin had just met for the first time…

Well both Rudkin and Top are getting shit flung at them from all directions at the moment. 

• Like 1

Is it a generational thing? 

I definitely find that the older generation of fan moans when we don’t pump it long to a 6ft 3” striker. The younger generation seem to accept that football has changed and Enzo’s way is the modern style. 

Maybe it’s an unfair observation but it’s just how I see it.

Long and short of it is this -

We’re comfortably the best team in the league. We’ve scored the most in the league and we’ve conceded the least. Honestly, what more can you ask for? If you moan when it’s like this please stay away from the games. Enzo will go if an offer comes in. 

• Like 4

Enzo seems like a sharp man. He knows he’s at a good club and he knows we are very likely to go straight back up as Champions. His stock might well be at its height before we start getting battered in the Prem. 

If a half decent Prem side came in for his at the end of the season he might well jump ship, knowing we will struggle on multiple fronts and he might then be seen as a Prem failure. 

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I definitely find that the older generation of fan moans when we don’t pump it long to a 6ft 3” striker. The younger generation seem to accept that football has changed and Enzo’s way is the modern style. 

We’re comfortably the best team in the league. We’ve scored the most in the league and we’ve conceded the least. Honestly, what more can you ask for? If you moan when it’s like this please stay away from the games. Enzo will go if an offer comes in. 

What's the cut-off point between older and younger generation? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

I definitely find some people have baseless stereotypical or ageist opinions 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

So its either hoof, or triangles between defenders around our box, nothing in between, I didnt realise the game was that black and white.

Ironically football is actually moving to faster transition, our club set the state of things by winning the EPL with lightning transition, and then other clubs started to follow, whilst we were going the other way, Pep, Brighton etc. play with fast transition.

For reference I dont have an issue with playing out from the back providing it has an offensive purpose to it, and it isnt overplayed in dangerous areas.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 3

Enzo has done a good job, but the state of the league is appalling I've seen better park teams than some of the teams that have pitched up at king power this season ..

If the ball was given away with such carelessness in the premiership it wouldn't be got away with and this team would struggle to survive..

To think a fan has to sit and agree with what a manager does and never complain is ridiculous beyond belief and is never going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Enzo seems like a sharp man. He knows he’s at a good club and he knows we are very likely to go straight back up as Champions. His stock might well be at its height before we start getting battered in the Prem. 

If a half decent Prem side came in for his at the end of the season he might well jump ship, knowing we will struggle on multiple fronts and he might then be seen as a Prem failure. 

Depends on what you're calling half decent? 

I think the opposite. Any truly half decent club will want to see how he copes and adapts with what he has in the Premiership. 

6 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Make no mistake, I can only imagine the frustration Enzo is feeling in regards to the piss poor communication from his Director of Football as to the financial position and how that would constrain our January recruitment, but then on top of that he is now having to listen to the sarcastic jeers and moans from a minority of the supporters, yes whilst his reaction might be seen to be a little emotional, we only see a fraction of what goes on behind the scenes. 

Enzo seems to have the players backs and appears to be very popular with the squad, which suggests a very strong respect and buy in  for his methods and how he is improving the players and squad overall. I imagine much of his frustration towards fans reactions is a protection of his players, who are busting a gut to get us back up, are 10 points clear and in the 5th round of the FA Cup and yet the players aren’t really getting the recognition, as there is audible discontent and by the end of the game they are getting clapped off by a half empty stadium. I imagine the players and manager love away games where there is a real togetherness. 

The fans need to think long and hard, who are we better off retaining Enzo or Rudkin, I know where my support sits and I think it’s important the players and manager feel the love and appreciation of what could be a momentous season, if you have frustrations vent them at the whopper who continues to steal a living as our Director of Football. 

You seem to believe there is a rift between Enzo and Rudkin. I don't know why fans need to back one or the other. Enzo has been made fully aware of the situation for weeks and has been telling us so. If the club can't shift senior pro's because no one wants them and consequently can't sign new players due to PSR then so be it. This is not unique to LCFC. We have no choice but to stay within the rules as it's clear what will happen if not. I don't see a club at loggerheads. 

• Like 1