Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

8 hours ago, J. James said:

So it comes down to a simple choice- A. rather boring but win the league with record points.

Or

B.Really entertaining but finish 7th.

An entitled minority want both it seems and if B happened they'd be the first voices calling for Enzo's head.

If we'd had the man in charge for the last 15 games last season we'd likely still be in the prem!

I despair sometimes.

lol They arent the only options.

Also... tedious backpassing and hours of Jannik standing on the ball or  lumping it forward to a strker arent the only style options.

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Sometimes wonder if a small minority of those attending matches, despite paying out of their own pocket to watch them, actually want the club to fail..

Well said that man 👏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I dunno I think it’s more of a case of I’m a paying customer, I’ve seen us win the prem and I know more than this manager will ever know kind of attitude.

entitled 

Could it be that they genuinely find some of our play baffling, stifling and boring?  You have to admit there are patches in games when this is the case.  The REAL issue is the going backwards when it appears we can go forward and exploit the space created.  That is what drives the frustration most. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Sometimes wonder if a small minority of those attending matches, despite paying out of their own pocket to watch them, actually want the club to fail..

And a host of them in the match day thread as well

• Like 3

4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I dunno I think it’s more of a case of I’m a paying customer, I’ve seen us win the prem and I know more than this manager will ever know kind of attitude.

entitled 

"I've won the Champions League 4 times with Leicester on Football Manager!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The play is measured at times but maybe the intention is partly to avoid burn out in a long Championship season. Also, the players are coached to keep the ball as much as possible - keep everyone involved if possible. From where most supporters sit (high up) it's easy to see the forward pass but at pitch level perhaps such passes are harder to see and sometimes that's why the ball doesn't go forward as much as some would like. I'm getting used to the style and can appreciate what the team is trying to do. For me, it's good to see us almost toying with teams like a cat with a mouse. As Mavididi, Cannon and Fatawu gain experience and improve I think thd football will become even better.

• Like 3

We are winning, it can be boring to watch but I'm not overly bothered so long as we get out of this division.

Considering I thought we would languish with all the crud collected over the past couple seasons, no one can really complain that Enzo is getting the best out of these players considering what a liability Vestergard was thought to be  as an example.

Personally I still think Enzo put a misdirected threat of leaving out there to stop his better players from being sold out from under him during the transfer window because lets face it, if he had remained quiet KDH might be wearing another clubs shirt right now.

Think we will get a few more quotes from him coming towards the end of the season if we go up automatically to ensure he gets backed or he will walk knowing he can get another job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’m personally with him. 

The question I have is what exactly do some fans expect? Some are even trying to downplay what Enzo has done so far. 

I have some reservations, but these are more concerns about next season, but how can I judge him until he’s had a chance to manage in the premier league? 

When he took over, the club was on its arse… it had its soul ripped out and seemingly appeared to be a sinking ship. 

Enzo came in with a positive attitude, and a definite plan. It’s what the club desperately needed, he’s brought about a sense of calm and order in a world of calamity.

He’s managed to keep key players onside and drastically improved others I.E KDH. 

Do some people realise how difficult it is to implement a new style straight away? Enzo pretty much did, it’s easy to sit here and just suggest it’s down to the quality in the squad, but that doesn’t matter if the belief and attitude isn’t there….. Southampton and Leeds took a while to get going, so it goes to show how difficult it can be. 

Anyone who expects everything to be perfect from day one, is living in a fantasy land. 

We’re still top, we’re still ten points clear, we’re still on track to have a pop at readings record…. We’re in a period of transition, which will have its rough patches as well as smooth.

I actually quite enjoy watching us play, because when we get it right, we’re untouchable.

Absolutely superb post 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

15 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

We are winning, it can be boring to watch but I'm not overly bothered so long as we get out of this division.

Considering I thought we would languish with all the crud collected over the past couple seasons, no one can really complain that Enzo is getting the best out of these players considering what a liability Vestergard was thought to be  as an example.

Personally I still think Enzo put a misdirected threat of leaving out there to stop his better players from being sold out from under him during the transfer window because lets face it, if he had remained quiet KDH might be wearing another clubs shirt right now.

Think we will get a few more quotes from him coming towards the end of the season if we go up automatically to ensure he gets backed or he will walk knowing he can get another job.

I like watching us, but I guess it's like watching chess. There's not much happening for long periods, but when you know the game well and you can see the options there are and you realise they could do this, or go there, or manoeuvre that way... It makes intriguing viewing. 

Maybe chess is a bad metaphor, we're never that slow, and I find it fascinating watching us probe (easy!) another team. I can understand why some people find it boring, but as you say we're winning! Would people rather we lost every game 6-5?

• Like 1

I think we mix it up more then people given him credit for, look how we targeted the Swansea highline.

Often Mads has gone over the top like he did for Daka goal against Plymouth.

We have show lighting counter attacks against Southampton, Birmingham and WBA.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’m personally with him. 

The question I have is what exactly do some fans expect? Some are even trying to downplay what Enzo has done so far. 

I have some reservations, but these are more concerns about next season, but how can I judge him until he’s had a chance to manage in the premier league? 

When he took over, the club was on its arse… it had its soul ripped out and seemingly appeared to be a sinking ship. 

Enzo came in with a positive attitude, and a definite plan. It’s what the club desperately needed, he’s brought about a sense of calm and order in a world of calamity.

He’s managed to keep key players onside and drastically improved others I.E KDH. 

Do some people realise how difficult it is to implement a new style straight away? Enzo pretty much did, it’s easy to sit here and just suggest it’s down to the quality in the squad, but that doesn’t matter if the belief and attitude isn’t there….. Southampton and Leeds took a while to get going, so it goes to show how difficult it can be. 

Anyone who expects everything to be perfect from day one, is living in a fantasy land. 

We’re still top, we’re still ten points clear, we’re still on track to have a pop at readings record…. We’re in a period of transition, which will have its rough patches as well as smooth.

I actually quite enjoy watching us play, because when we get it right, we’re untouchable.

:appl::appl:  

O I wish this post would bring an end to the drivel of the nego’s spouting their twaddle..but some love gnawing an air-bone( like air guitar). Empty of substance

and bouncing around making unwarranted noise inside an empty tin can with right to an opinion label..

Like Leeds media and fans,we should be puffed breast with pride, of our own story

in these last 7 months…Leeds is old rhetoric,at least we have spring cleaned our old problems out and started anew,with Squad,System,and a manager that has a plan,which he also has tweaked,tinkered and moulds slowly into shape.

He even informs the fans there will be flaws and mistakes,but trust and back me

the ride is and will be worth it….Why we could lose to our close rivals and still achieve …aims which at the beginning,we hadn’t considered..those same nego’s actually thought impossible…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Could it be that they genuinely find some of our play baffling, stifling and boring?  You have to admit there are patches in games when this is the case.  The REAL issue is the going backwards when it appears we can go forward and exploit the space created.  That is what drives the frustration most. 

I know what you mean but this is the way play so fans should get behind the manager and team instead of moaning and groaning in the stadium and effecting the morale. 

I know we got relegated playing in a similar fashion under Rodgers but Enzos style is slightly different and its working and we are top of the league.

If we was doing shit then I can understand the groans and moans but we are not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s definitely a case of impatience amongst some. It isn’t the most electrifying football in the world, but numbers don’t lie

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

It’s definitely a case of impatience amongst some. It isn’t the most electrifying football in the world, but numbers don’t lie

Numbers. Always found them boring but I know what you mean and I agree. Doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement though. 

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

14 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sadly, I think you might be right.

You are two posters whose opinions are well balanced and usually spot on, however I just can't believe that

Put it this way, I find it unbelievable or maybe I am just naïve

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m personally with him. 

Bang on mate. Look at Chelsea and Pochetino for example or Man Utd. 

You can have the best players in the world but the still need a gameplan and guidance

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

You are two posters whose opinions are well balanced and usually spot on, however I just can't believe that

Put it this way, I find it unbelievable or maybe I am just naïve

I think a sizeable chunk of the crowd want Enzo to be poached, resign or be sacked - and get promoted. But I’d put money on them taking another season in the Championship if they were promised hoofball and speculative shots from the halfway line next season. 

• Sad 1