Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Enzo seems like a sharp man. He knows he’s at a good club and he knows we are very likely to go straight back up as Champions. His stock might well be at its height before we start getting battered in the Prem. 

If a half decent Prem side came in for his at the end of the season he might well jump ship, knowing we will struggle on multiple fronts and he might then be seen as a Prem failure. 

Profit and Sustainability rules don't just affect us; PL winter spending dropped from a record-breaking £780m during the last window to £96.2m this window, with 7 clubs not making a permanent signing. 

It's going to be a lot tougher for everyone. 

• Like 3

I think the club are going to be in a situation where they'll have a choice between changing and evolving or being stuck with internal decision makers which are 10+ years old. We've evolved on the field, I just hope the powers that be can evolve off it.

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Profit and Sustainability rules don't just affect us; PL winter spending dropped from a record-breaking £780m during the last window to £96.2m this window, with 7 clubs not making a permanent signing. 

Alternatively transfer fee and wages may drop and the FFP  succeeds in its intention of avoiding clubs from going under.

19 minutes ago, J. James said:

So it comes down to a simple choice- A. rather boring but win the league with record points.

Or

B.Really entertaining but finish 7th.

An entitled minority want both it seems and if B happened they'd be the first voices calling for Enzo's head.

If we'd had the man in charge for the last 15 games last season we'd likely still be in the prem!

I despair sometimes.

Hang on. I've got no real horse in this race tbh, but why is that choice so binary? If we played "really entertaining" football (whatever the definition of boring and really entertaining is idc right now) why does that automatically mean we'd finish seventh? How do you know we wouldn't finish top, or second, or playoffs?

Or is it to push the narrative in disagreeing against Oz?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Hang on. I've got no real horse in this race tbh, but why is that choice so binary? If we played "really entertaining" football (whatever the definition of boring and really entertaining is idc right now) why does that automatically mean we'd finish seventh? How do you know we wouldn't finish top, or second, or playoffs?

Or is it to push the narrative in disagreeing against Oz?

Not at all, the question is patently an academic one- ever since my crystal ball went missing.

Of course we "may" play entertaining football and still top the league but that is clearly not Enzo's way.

So academically which would people choose, A or B?

Promotion or entertainment - IF it was that choice.

Edited by J. James
Typo

... And another thing.. 🤣 Under the previous shambles l and others often remarked that a top/good/great/elite coach gets the best out of the players he has at his disposal and plays a style that succeeds, this man does just that, the fraud did not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

You’re right, it might be but it depends how bad it is for us. 

Actually I'm old and think the Enzo/Pep way is brilliant. Players do sometimes err on safe side, ( with resultant crowd groans) but our two wingers are wonderfully chaotic and exciting. In transition we play with power and pace. Just wish he'd play Vardy who I feel still can make a major contribution against the high pressing teams. Enjoy, as I expect Enzo to get pissed off with Rudkin, and will be surprised if Enzo is still here in 18 months

• Like 3

I do like how the players stick to Enzo ball though.

You can hear the crowd getting frustrated and I'm sure some players would feel the pressure and probably go long to appease the crown - especially if them themselves weren't too confident / happy with the tactics.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Actually I'm old and think the Enzo/Pep way is brilliant. Players do sometimes err on safe side, ( with resultant crowd groans) but our two wingers are wonderfully chaotic and exciting. In transition we play with power and pace. Just wish he'd play Vardy who I feel still can make a major contribution against the high pressing teams. Enjoy, as I expect Enzo to get pissed off with Rudkin, and will be surprised if Enzo is still here in 18 months

Agree think Enzo will be gone within that time frame, particularly if rumpelstiltskin is still DoF

9 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Could understand the pathetic whining if we weren't 10 points clear at the top of the League. If anyone doesn't like the way it's going then best save your money and stay away and give someone else a chance to actually back the Manager and players. Hopefully Enzo has lit the touch paper with his remarks and the response will be a 100% positive away end at Stoke tomorrow, carrying through to the next home game. Time for the neutrals in this debate to get off the fence and drown out the groaning whingers.

TBH - I'm sure I remember similar complaints about Chelsea under Mourinho even when they won the League...

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Alves being fit would be a god send now. I was worried about the #8 position before we lost Casadei to be honest. We are a totally different side with KDH, and with Ndidi, but have little behind that. I really like Yunus, but he is a wide player/10 and not a natural 8, but he is the square peg I would put in the round hole until Ndidi is back. 

Can’t say I’m a huge McAteer fan in general, at 8 or on the wing really, he might make a good wing back in the right system as he works hard. Just don’t think he has got the quality, but would absolutely love to be proven wrong. 

I know Alves passes the eye test but has he played at a level that is in the championship? Genuine question.. I understand the hype but might be worth seeing how he actually performs, seems we are jumping on the bandwagon on an academy player yet to prove himself at this level. 

I am genuinely excited by his prospect but need to see how he fairs up at this level