Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We are away from home, maybe missing some previous ,

now needed hard shit

It only starts on paper has a flat back four,

plus in winning days our CBs took up FB roles

Enzobal will still fold out,Justin to play forward of the CBS.

Nacho is quite flexable,being given sound tactics he works has a no10 or 8.

He can hold up well when asked to…It’s inbred in forwards.

I would go with Nacho too, but I highly doubt he will close down well, or block passing lanes.

What he might add, is a bit more creativity, and even a goal or two, if he's in the right mindset.

We are pretty much screwed in the right hand high eight position, until Ndidi or Ricardo are back. 

Especially with Praet now out as well, so Nacho is worth a go.

I don't think Enzo will do that though.

He will either move KDH over, and use Akgun in KDH position, as he did yesterday, or if McAteer is available, he will use him.

Good managers work with what they've got. And we urgently need a freshen up. 

CBA to think up of a formation but I'd be keen to  bring Souttar, Doyle and Coady in for some muscle and freshness. 

Fatawu is too wasteful. Drop. Play Kels in a roving, wide ish second striker.

All academic though. It'll be the same ol' same ol' 

It’s a perfect game for Sunderland though isn’t it? They’re in disarray on and off the pitch, so what do you need in times like that?  

Plucky old Leicester city to turn up to roll over and gift you three precious points. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 3

The Team has to win this.

Cant afford to be slow, half asleep, or miss any sitters / oppurtunities to score, everyone has to be on it, and pushing from the word go.

This match is a season defining moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a perfect game for Sunderland though isn’t it? They’re in disarray on and off the pitch, so what do need in times like that?  

Plucky old Leicester city to turn up to roll over and gift you three precious points. 

Surely they'll be thinking the same though, "oh Leicester haven't won in a while so they'll be bound to beat us"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Surely they'll be thinking the same though, "oh Leicester haven't won in a while so they'll be bound to beat us"

Possibly. Two in 13 for them. So they’re in rotten form. 

It’s a huge, huge game. Bristol strangely enough I think will get a result against Ipswich, so we need to win….. but above all we need a good performance, would be nice to blow someone away. But I’d take a scrappy 0-1 all day long. 

We can’t give them an inch. We’ve got to go there and get into them early doors so they crumble. 

• Like 1

I rarely call for more Albrighton - he's well past it at this point.   But this might be the time to go in that direction with Praet out.  He can comfortably play on the right and get some crosses in, which is something we aren't getting much of from our other forward players.  In a high-pressure situation like this his experience wouldn't be a bad idea either.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

2 wins in their last 10 and now missing Clarke

These are nothing like they were when we played them earlier in the season

We are also much better away

I wish I had your optimism but that’s some encouraging facts.

I just think we look mentally shot (Enzo included).

Must Win. Coady has to start. Everyone at Bournemouth should acknowledge the importance he played in that win! He needs to shepherd Faes and whoever gets the nod alongside him! Clean sheet should be a the priority.

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

I would go with Nacho too, but I highly doubt he will close down well, or block passing lanes.

What he might add, is a bit more creativity, and even a goal or two, if he's in the right mindset.

We are pretty much screwed in the right hand high eight position, until Ndidi or Ricardo are back. 

Especially with Praet now out as well, so Nacho is worth a go.

I don't think Enzo will do that though.

He will either move KDH over, and use Akgun in KDH position, as he did yesterday, or if McAteer is available, he will use him.

I like to see coaches use at EOS someone from left field…
I have slagged Nacho off,but he could slip nicely into this.

Ndid could well backfire,simply on game fitness.

Ricardo no idea of his injury seriousness.

Vesty comes back at the Weekend(I-think

We ballsed up this W.E….

Now we really has a squad have to believe…

I ain’t giving up,we still have a buffer..

Ipswich-Soton

Leeds-Soton

Something to hold onto…

Whether we would of walked the championship,

or scrape through won’t be defining..

• Like 3

Coady, Albrighton and Vardy in for Nelson, mavadidi and Daka.

Feel we need experience for this one.

Marc will always put a shift in and can put early balls in for Vards, who despite what some say about being over the hill, was banging them in before his injury. Coady will steady the ship at the back and give Faes the opportunity to push on.

Maybe Doyle for JJ too. We really miss Vesty's passing.

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 3

Hermansen

Coady Faes Doyle

Hamza Winks

Fatawu Akgun KDH Mavididi

Vardy

Huge match

• Like 1

Shape needs to change as a result of the fact we have no midfielders.

I would play two strikers. More of a 4-4-2 out of possession with KDH dropping deeper.

Hermansen

Faes Coady Doyle

Hamza Winks

Fatawu KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

Out of possession it would be more

Hermansen

Hamza Faes Coady Doyle

Fatawu Winks KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Hermansen

Coady Faes Doyle

Hamza Winks

Fatawu Akgun KDH Mavididi

Vardy

Huge match

This is a really tough one. No time to get major drills in training, all the 8's are injured, only 1 player who can play the inverted role left and he's played a tonne of football the last week or so, a defence that's become leaky and strikers that have forgotten how to score. 

Akgun and KDH together hasn't worked as well, so Enzo needs to find a solution there. KDH is horrible playing on the right of the pitch and we need him where he is strongest.  Your line up is most likely the one but i don't like KDH and Akgun together. Could Nacho be squeezed into one of those positions? I very much doubt it unless he has done drills for it in training.  Really interesting to see how this is dealt with, because our biggest issue is creativity through the middle in the final 3rd.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

This is a really tough one. No time to get major drills in training, all the 8's are injured, only 1 player who can play the inverted role left and he's played a tonne of football the last week or so, a defence that's become leaky and strikers that have forgotten how to score. 

Akgun and KDH together hasn't worked as well, so Enzo needs to find a solution there. KDH is horrible playing on the right of the pitch and we need him where he is strongest.  Your line up is most likely the one but i don't like KDH and Akgun together. Could Nacho be squeezed into one of those positions? I very much doubt it unless he has done drills for it in training.  Really interesting to see how this is dealt with, because our biggest issue is creativity through the middle in the final 3rd.

Spot on Chelmo. I always liked Iheanacho threading balls to Vardy. One last dance??

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Shape needs to change as a result of the fact we have no midfielders.

I would play two strikers. More of a 4-4-2 out of possession with KDH dropping deeper.

Hermansen

Faes Coady Doyle

Hamza Winks

Fatawu KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

Out of possession it would be more

Hermansen

Hamza Faes Coady Doyle

Fatawu Winks KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

This is definitely worth a try. It's the formation that Man City have been playing this season with Alvarez in behind Halaand.